Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shark Vision R Helmet

+18
barry_mcki
paul
NTBill
davlefabuleux
JAASMac
BoomGT
jaba01
rolls
truck
Kaupy1962
Hammy
NZspokes
reddog
madmax
Dekenai
Baz
Ewok1958
Jimcoleman
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 2 Empty Shark Vision R Helmet

Post  Jimcoleman Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

having bought my Shark Vision R last year i been quite happy with it, a little noisy but its comfort is was what sold me.

[img]Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 2 Img_1531[/img]

Unfortunately i have been never really happy with the colour but once again comfort has been the over riding factor

things i really like about this Helmet
1. extremely comfortable
2. really good vision
3 flip down sunnies ( i love this feature )
4 Ventilation
5 never really fogged up on me

things i didnt like
1 Colour nicked named by a mate the red skunk
2. a little noisy
3 cost of replacement visors

so after all that it has been replaced due to my accident , what did i buy yep another shark Vision R

[img]Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 2 Img_1532[/img]

i discovered that whilst its a vision r its a different model my old red & white one is a Becool and the new one is a Reveal, one big thing i noticed was how much quieter the new on is i think it s to do with the diffuser under neath the chin

[img]Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 2 Img_1533[/img] [img]Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 2 Img_1534[/img]

as you can see the difference between the two and i was actually staggered how quiet this helmet is i could comfortabley not wear ear plugs on short 1/2 day rides and i have had to turn the scala down 2 steps on the volume.

the built in sun visor is very handy and especially in foggy conditions, you can pop up the visor with the sunnies down and still give you protection and be able to see with out fogging up

over all I am very happy with the shark and recommend it

Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shark Vision R Helmet

Post  madmax Tue 19 Feb 2013, 7:23 am

Jimcoleman wrote:the padding has loosened of a bit so its noticably more noisey, but its still really comfortable and nothing has broken on it. It never fogs up which is very good and i still love the flip down sunnies

Same here, thing is I couldn't get the next size down on. Have already replaced the clear visor (stone chips) $80. Mine does fog up, cold mornings & warm breath, so I keep it open slightly with the little catch. I still say the sunnies could be darker, but I can't find anything but OEM

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  JAASMac Sat 23 Feb 2013, 8:55 pm

I found that getting the medium size on initially was near impossible, so tried the large size on and it was too big. Tried the medium on again with some perseverance and once passed the opening it fit beautifully. After six months it is easier to put on and still fits snug. Its alot quieter than the Nolan I had. I have yet to try it in cold weather though. I find the pop down dark visor great but it just needs to go down a little more as it leaves a gap that for some reason I find distracting. Mine is the Flat Black and Orange stripe version which, I think, looks pretty cool and has been easy to keep clean so far.
JAASMac
JAASMac

Back to top Go down

Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 2 Empty Ear pads and Scala Rider earphones

Post  davlefabuleux Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:54 pm

Great review thanks, now a stupid question, did you keep the ear pads when installing the Scala Rider earphones?

davlefabuleux

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Wed 20 Mar 2013, 6:43 am

No, the ear pads stay in, you'll notice that your scala volume will be quite low if you put them in the centre of the ear pad . I actually pulled the bottom off the helmet to see where my actual ears sat in the helmet and it quite low. My scala speakers sit now at the bottom of ear cavity, i can send some piccys if you need. With the speakers In the right spot even with ear plugs in i never go much above 3/4 volume . I just went halves with a mate in a g9 twinset $500 from port Macquarie motorcycles they say the speakers are even better and you can buy the g9 base cause you g4 will fit it
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 2 Empty Thanks for the info

Post  davlefabuleux Wed 20 Mar 2013, 1:21 pm

Thanks a lot Jim. If not too much of a hassle could you please load a pict?
In my vision R my ears are directly at the level of the silver pin that you can see outside the shell, so directly in the center of the ear pad.
I was worried about thickness more than volume level but yes in both cases it seems better to relocate the speakers.

davlefabuleux

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Fri 26 Apr 2013, 1:35 am

Still love mine

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Sat 27 Apr 2013, 3:20 pm

My Shark RSI is getting a bit old now and I was planning on replacing with the Vision-R. (they feel good).
But I was in the 2 wheel toy shop yesterday and was told Shark have released the Vision-R GT Carbon. Lighter (by 150g), quieter (I've been told by 40%) and air adjustable cheek pads for jowly types like me. All for more coin of course. (<$600). None in stock here in Darwin.

So - have yet to touch one and haven't seen any real world reviews yet. Anyone here heard, seen or have anything to say about the new Vision-R carbon lid?

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sat 27 Apr 2013, 3:27 pm

NTBill wrote:My Shark RSI is getting a bit old now and I was planning on replacing with the Vision-R. (they feel good).
But I was in the 2 wheel toy shop yesterday and was told Shark have released the Vision-R GT Carbon. Lighter (by 150g), quieter (I've been told by 40%) and air adjustable cheek pads for jowly types like me. All for more coin of course. (<$600). None in stock here in Darwin.

So - have yet to touch one and haven't seen any real world reviews yet. Anyone here heard, seen or have anything to say about the new Vision-R carbon lid?

Might be worth a look later on.

Vision R GT

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Sat 27 Apr 2013, 3:34 pm

Thanks MM.
That's about all I can find online also - is the official blurb.
No reason to think it won't be a good helmet. Might need to talk the local toy shop (Cyclone m/cycles are a good toy shop) into getting one in methinks.

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Tue 07 May 2013, 11:19 pm

Well being a bit of an impulsive type I got me one (Vision-R GT Carbon) and it arrived today. First (and early) impressions on a 70km ride home (took the long way after Police blocked the Stuart highway cos a couple of cars decided to shoot bullets at one another to settle a score today) was...wow lots of vision! Comfortable, not as quiet as I expected (old helmet is a Shark RSI) but quiet enough (not outstanding). Nice and light and I do like the internal sun visor (this is my first vision-R). I regularly set off to work before sunup so will be happy to keep the clear visor to help see the wayward wallyhoppers and then make do with the internal sun screen when needed. Previous helmet had a fairly dark gold irridium visor which got real challenging (for me) in low light/ night.

Carbon shell supposed to help with crash protection etc, but hope to never have to find out. It is light tho!

Is the GT carbon worth the additional coin over the standard Vision-R? Not sure yet. First impressions today are prolly not.....

But early days and am yet to ride in rain and yet to try the anti fog visor insert. The air adjustable cheek pads work well and are easy to inflate with a small built in cushion pump just near chin and adjust via nearby button release valve on the go (all very easy adjust). Helmet fits prescript glasses and sunnies no probs at all. Certainly not unhappy and reckon it will get better as it adjusts to my head and my head adjusts to the differing ergos from those which my old RSI provided. Aerodynamics up to 130km/h (top speed today) feel good, better than the RSI and ventilation is fine. It was 36 degrees 80% Umidity today on way home and I reckon things were pretty comfortable up top.
That extra vision tho kind of threw me. As I rode away from the shop I had one of those moments like...fu$k, did I forget to put my helmet on? I actually tapped my head to check Shocked . Gettin old is a bitch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 12 Sep 2014, 7:22 pm

I also took the plunge today and bought a Shark Vision R Smoke 2.  I'm hoping the flip down sun visor will be feature I get to appreciate, as my previous helmets haven't had this and there have been times in winter this year particularly where I've been riding directly into the low sun.  Haven't yet ridden with it.

On a general note, I thought the range of color designs across all brands of helmets in stock at Canberra Motorcycle Centre was a bit bland.  I also thought the HJC helmets with the sun visor seemed to have a cheap feel to the flip up/down mechanism.  I just didn't trust that it would last.  So, another Shark owner.  cheers

Last edited by Ewok1958 on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 12 Sep 2014, 7:39 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:I also took the plunge today and bought a Shark Vision R Smoke 2.  I'm hoping the flip down sun visor will be feature I get to appreciate, as my previous helmets haven't had this and there have been times in winter this year particularly where I've been riding directly into the low sun.  Haven't yet ridden with it.

On a general note, I thought the range of color designs across all brands of helmets in stock at Canberra Motorcycle Centre was a bit bland.  I also thought the HJC helmets with the sun visor seemed to have a cheap feel to the flip up/down mechanism.  I just didn't trust that it would last.  So, another Shark owner.  cheers
I unfortunately don't have a shark head , but do have a  HJC head ...............I have the one with the flip down visor ( which is fine & works well ) but find it isn't quite dark enough ................ok in an emergency , but I have just ordered a tinted visor for everyday summer use & will use the clear visor & flip down part for when I get caught out with the winter sun    .  ( I don't think the flip down variety of helmets are as comfortable as the regular ones due to the mechanism  , so it is a bit of a compromise in a way ..............but handy.) Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Fri 12 Sep 2014, 10:37 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:I also took the plunge today and bought a Shark Vision R Smoke 2.  I'm hoping the flip down sun visor will be feature I get to appreciate, as my previous helmets haven't had this and there have been times in winter this year particularly where I've been riding directly into the low sun.  Haven't yet ridden with it.

The flip down sunvisor is a good thing and the mechanism on the sharks works real well. The only draw back is the tint isn't anywhere near dark enough and you can't get a darker one. No after market ones seen so far.
What colour smoke did you get Ewok?

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sat 13 Sep 2014, 7:27 am

Pic posting has gone west on my PC at the moment!

Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 2 Thumb
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sat 13 Sep 2014, 8:08 am

madmax wrote:The only draw back is the tint isn't anywhere near dark enough and you can't get a darker one.

Could you use something like this to give a slightly darker tint ?  

Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 2 779010

$16.99 @ Supercheap.

Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 2 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sat 13 Sep 2014, 8:13 am

Ewok1958 wrote:Pic posting has gone west on my PC at the moment!

Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 2 Thumb

Thank god you didn't get the blue one Very Happy

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sat 13 Sep 2014, 8:14 am

barry_mcki wrote:
madmax wrote:The only draw back is the tint isn't anywhere near dark enough and you can't get a darker one.

Could you use something like this to give a slightly darker tint ?  

Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 2 779010

$16.99 @ Supercheap.

I'd doubt that would leave it optically true

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Sat 13 Sep 2014, 8:21 am

I have a Vision R and love the drop down sunnies, no need to take 2 visors in case you are caught in the dark.

I think I've mentioned it before, but the extra vision caused me a problem on the Vstrom because riding into the sun in the after noon I couldn't dip the helmet far enough to block the sun from my eyes due to the riding position. Problem solved by adding a band of black tape to the sun shield so that it blocked out every thing above my line of sight.

Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 2 Z

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Sat 13 Sep 2014, 9:16 am

Is there enough room for those of us that wear specs to use the flip down type sunnies?
Clearance for the specs to fit behind the flip down sunnies that is

Cruise n Comfort seat cover
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Sat 13 Sep 2014, 9:43 am

Kiwisteve wrote:Is there enough room for those of us that wear specs to use the flip down type sunnies?
Clearance for the specs to fit behind the flip down sunnies that is

I think Pete must have fed the chickens too much when he was young, like us mate. (wears specs) So the fighter pilot sunshield must be a good design that allows the wearing of glasses.

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Sat 13 Sep 2014, 9:46 am

I have no problem with my prescription multi-focals, Steve.

They even have removable pads to fit glasses with thicker arms.

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 2 Empty Coating Failure?

Post  truck Wed 10 May 2017, 7:37 am

Not happy, never had this happen to previous helmets. Looks to me like the coating has faded a bit on top and then decided to let go. Structurally OK but . . .
Shark Vision R Helmet  - Page 2 Wp_20128
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Wed 10 May 2017, 8:58 am

How old is it truck?
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Wed 10 May 2017, 9:26 am

Chook wrote:How old is it truck?

4 and 1/2 yrs approx.
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 10 May 2017, 2:40 pm

Have you sent that picture to shark? My rsr2 was retired when it started falling apart

Last edited by reddog on Wed 10 May 2017, 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next