Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suspension [since no-one is saying much]

+12
stretch
moto1
Dekenai
Cameron
ohmyfj55
2wheelsagain
b12mick
solerida
dhula
Baz
potatomasher
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Suspension [since no-one is saying much] - Page 2 Empty Suspension [since no-one is saying much]

Post  potatomasher Mon 08 Mar 2010, 8:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Wot's everyone got their suspension set on?

I had it with the standard settings for quite some time, and i think the ride like that is as hard as i don't know what - loose teeth after a couple of hours. I have reset it to the second softest on the front and back, and increased the damping by about 3/4 of a turn and i have to say the ride is so much better. I no longer feel as though all the bumps have 90 degree angles and wads better all round. i think there is a tendency to set the suspension way too hard for the road - i think hard is ok for the track but realistically you don't want your eyeballs shaken out of their sockets - the relentless pounding has gone Very Happy
potatomasher
potatomasher

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Suspension [since no-one is saying much] - Page 2 Empty Re: Suspension [since no-one is saying much]

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 11 Mar 2011, 6:42 pm

Matchyman wrote:$400
That sounds pretty reasonable - I'm going to start soaking off the unfranked stamps to save a few $$$s that can be put towards the front suspension project. Very Happy
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Suspension [since no-one is saying much] - Page 2 Empty Re: Suspension [since no-one is saying much]

Post  Ewok1958 Tue 29 Mar 2011, 5:59 pm

Dropped the beast off to Laurie at Suspension Smith in Fyshwick this evening for the front fork treatment - still at $400 for the Racetech springs and revalving. Will report back in two or three weeks time.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Sat 02 Apr 2011, 7:01 am

it wont take 3 weeks - you will see the difference as soon as you ride it about 5 metres

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 11 Apr 2011, 8:10 pm

Ok, back from WA and got in ~250kms with the new springs. drunken drunken Much better, firmer but not harsh, maybe not schmancy but definitely a little bit fancy as MC likes to say! A good use of $400.

Laurie also set the standard back up to its max setting - 7. But I've backed it down to 6 and may even go for 5 with no load or luggage loaded. On 7 with no luggage it was a bit harsh and you could definitely tell it was coming from the back.

What settings are you guys running on the back preload? To give a meaningful answer you might have to mention weight (ok, I'm 95 kgs)!
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Mon 11 Apr 2011, 9:37 pm

In, clockwise, right, gives you more rebound ...you are closing the orifice with the screw. (that sounds pretty rude really Smile)
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty Fri 15 Apr 2011, 8:47 pm

I know where to spend my next $400....

Hopefully the Easter Bunny gives me money instead of chocolate!

BTW, Maybe the forum mods could look into bulk purchasing or referrals in exchange for advertising, even if only for parts? It might work for other goods and services too.

Canberra

GSF1200s K6
smitty
smitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2