Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Almost new owner ........ maybe

+12
Kiwisteve
madmax
trip01
straff1250
NTBill
ausrock50
2wheelsagain
Reardo
Kaupy1962
Hammy
paul
Vellies
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Almost new owner ........ maybe - Page 2 Empty Almost new owner ........ maybe

Post  Vellies Thu 17 May 2012, 10:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi All

If all goes well I will be the proud new owner of a new GSX1250FA soon. On Saturday I am taking one for a test ride, as well as the Kawasaki Ninja 1000. Been driving myself insane analysing the 2 options, and leaning towards the GSX for a few reasons. Very exited, cannot wait for Saturday bounce bounce bounce

Anyway, I m based in Perth, and currently ride a 650 Vstrom. I bought it just over a year ago and she is just shy of 17,000km. I will be keeping the Wee as my commuter bike, and relaxing 2-up rides with the government. She loves going for a ride on the Wee.

Looks like a great site, will be hanging around here from time to time.

Cheers

Vellies

Back to top Go down

Almost new owner ........ maybe - Page 2 Empty Re: Almost new owner ........ maybe

Post  ausrock50 Sun 27 May 2012, 5:26 pm

Nice Vellies. I like the rims. Wink I bought a Sargent seat a few weeks back and it really has made a difference. Did a 320km run on the new seat without the airhawk and only a wool cover and arse was only little sore. Unlike standard seat. affraid Shame about the wool seat cover though as it hides a very pretty seat. Sad
ausrock50
ausrock50

Back to top Go down

Almost new owner ........ maybe - Page 2 Empty Re: Almost new owner ........ maybe

Post  NTBill Sun 27 May 2012, 7:05 pm

potatomasher wrote:if you fix the front suspension with harder springs and softer compression damping [read elsewhere] you will find it transforms the bike. best thing you can do. you can also get a more effective valve put in the rear too which also makes a difference [do both]- when i had mine done i was shocked at the difference between it and other non modified bandits i have ridden

In the interests of comparing apples with apples, Keep in mind tho that the GSX1250FA has slightly uprated suspension out of the box already. It was one of the changes mr suzuki did to the FA over the Bandit range. Personally, I find the setup of my FA pretty reasonable, but I'm no racer.
NTBill
NTBill

Back to top Go down

Post  trip01 Sun 27 May 2012, 7:30 pm

My naked Bandit feels stiff in the suspension. So far, I think this is good.

The standard seat is ok for my butt. I'm a lightie though at 72kgs.
Rode it today, gee's it's got some zing. Wink

2011 GSF1250 naked, gleam grey, no ABS, Ventura rack & 47L Mistral bag, Rad guard, HID headlight, Yoshi R77 CF, K&N air filter.
Opportunities arise in disguise as problems
Arrow see them when you look around the rock
trip01
trip01

Back to top Go down

Post  ausrock50 Sun 27 May 2012, 8:07 pm

You'd think with a big fat arse and more padding it would make it more comfortable Shocked but it sure don't Evil or Very Mad
ausrock50
ausrock50

Back to top Go down

Post  Vellies Sun 27 May 2012, 10:41 pm

Thanks all for the comments. Yes, it certainly has some "zing". I jumped on the Vstrom today to go and refuel it for the week. affraid affraid affraid My God its slow affraid affraid But, the suspension is nice and soft (I have replaced both the front and rear), the seat is nice and soft (Sargent), and the windscreen is all, so not much wind, but still some buffeting Mad Mad

Having said that, I want the FA to be my "sports bike", so no tall screens, bags, etc etc. More bling like an exhaust (I don't mind it being quiet, but it is just too freaking big). Might invest in another Sargent. I am not someone who wants to do 1,000km in a day, and the Sargent seems to suit me well for the type of riding I do.

I am also looking for some flush mount indicators for the front, or perhaps some mirror ones like the GSXR. Just to spice it up a little, mirrors are useless anyway (for seeing in the lane behind you).

In terms of suspension, yes it is quite firm, but I do not mind it at all. It I want to go and ride crappy back roads I have the Strom, which is exactly why I am keeping it.

I now have what I think is a bloody perfect garage.

Vellies

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 28 May 2012, 4:24 pm

Vellies wrote:Thanks all for the comments. Yes, it certainly has some "zing". I jumped on the Vstrom today to go and refuel it for the week. affraid affraid affraid My God its slow affraid affraid But, the suspension is nice and soft (I have replaced both the front and rear), the seat is nice and soft (Sargent), and the windscreen is all, so not much wind, but still some buffeting Mad Mad

Having said that, I want the FA to be my "sports bike", so no tall screens, bags, etc etc. More bling like an exhaust (I don't mind it being quiet, but it is just too freaking big). Might invest in another Sargent. I am not someone who wants to do 1,000km in a day, and the Sargent seems to suit me well for the type of riding I do.

I am also looking for some flush mount indicators for the front, or perhaps some mirror ones like the GSXR. Just to spice it up a little, mirrors are useless anyway (for seeing in the lane behind you).

In terms of suspension, yes it is quite firm, but I do not mind it at all. It I want to go and ride crappy back roads I have the Strom, which is exactly why I am keeping it.

I now have what I think is a bloody perfect garage.

Does it have a big TV and a bar? Laughing

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  trip01 Tue 29 May 2012, 5:27 am

Although it may seem fitting, no TV or bar on the FA. lol!

I'm riding my Bandit to get away from the bloody TV. Sleep & the bar, well booze & bikes, No was an 80's thing for me. bom

2011 GSF1250 naked, gleam grey, no ABS, Ventura rack & 47L Mistral bag, Rad guard, HID headlight, Yoshi R77 CF, K&N air filter.
Opportunities arise in disguise as problems
Arrow see them when you look around the rock
trip01
trip01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2