Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diary of a Pommy in Queensland

3 posters

Go down

Diary of a Pommy in Queensland Empty Diary of a Pommy in Queensland

Post  kewwig Sat 05 May 2012, 6:46 pm

*DIARY OF A POMMIE IN QUEENSLAND*

*August 31* - Just got transferred with work from Leeds UK to our new home in Townsville, North Queensland. Now this is a town that knows how to live! Beautiful, sunny days and warm, balmy evenings. I watched the sunset from a deckchair by our pool yesterday. It was beautiful. I've finally found my new home. I love it here.

*September 13* - Really heating up now. It got to 31 today. No problem though. Living in air-conditioned home, driving air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a sun-worshipper - no blasted rain like back in Leeds!!

*September 30* - Had the back yard landscaped with tropical plants today. Lots of palms and rocks. No more mowing lawns for me! Another scorcher today, but I love it here. It's Paradise!

*October 10* - The temperature hasn't been below 35 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least today it's windy though. Keeps the flies off a bit. Acclimatizing is taking longer than we expected.

*October 15* - Fell asleep by the pool yesterday. Got third degree burns over 60% of my body. Missed three days off work. What a dumb thing to do... Got to respect the old sun in a climate like this!

*October 20* - Didn't notice Kitty (our cat) sneaking into the car before I left for work this morning. By the time I got back to the car after work, Kitty had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and stuck to the upholstery. The car now smells like Whiskettes and cat shit. I've learned my lesson though: no more pets in this heat.

*October 25* - This wind is a bastard. It feels like a giant fucking blow dryer. And it's hot as hell! The home air conditioner is on the blink and the repair man charged $200 just to drive over and tell me he needs to order parts from fucking Brisbane ......The wife & the kids are complaining.

*October 30* - The temperature's up around 40 and the parts still haven't arrived for the air conditioner. House is an oven so we've all been sleeping outside by the pool for 3 nights now. Bloody $600,000 house and we can't even go inside. Why the hell did I ever come here?

*November 4* - Finally got the air-conditioner fixed. It cost $1,500 and gets the temperature down to around 25 degrees, but the humidity makes it feel about 35. Stupid repairman. F------ thief.

*November 8* - If one more smart bastard says 'Hot enough for you today?' I'm going to f------ throttle him. Heat! By the time I get to work, the car radiator is bloody boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet and I smell like baked cat. F-----place is the end of the Earth.

*November 9* - Tried to run some errands after work, wore shorts, and sat on the black leather upholstery in my car. I thought my arse was on fire. I lost 2 layers of flesh, all the hair on the backs of my legs and off my arse. Now the car smells like burnt hair, fried arse and baked cat.

*November 10* -- The Weather report might as well be a recording.. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny, hot and sunny. It never changes! It's been too hot to do anything for 2 months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week!

*November 15* - Doesn't it ever rain in this damn place? Water restrictions will be next, so my $5,000 worth of palms might just dry up and blow into the pool. The only things that thrive in this hell-hole are the flies. You don't dare open your mouth for fear of swallowing half a dozen of the little bastards!

*November 20* - Welcome to HELL! It got to 45 ' degrees today. Now the air conditioner's gone in my car. The repair man came to fix it and said, 'Hot enough for you today?' I wanted to shove the car up his ---- . Anyway, had to spend the $2,500 mortgage payment to bail me out of jail for assaulting the stupid prick. Townsville!! What kind of sick, demented idiot would want to live here!

*December 1* - WHAT!!!! The FIRST day of Summer!!!! You are kidding me!

kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Diary of a Pommy in Queensland Empty Diary of a Pommy in Queensland

Post  paul Sat 05 May 2012, 10:19 pm

Very funny Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Diary of a Pommy in Queensland Empty Re: Diary of a Pommy in Queensland

Post  Reardo Sun 06 May 2012, 9:41 am

Haha. Laughing Very Happy

I live inland, HOT and dry most of the time. I work out side, in public areas and always get the old "Your so lucky to be working outside on this beautiful day" . Mad WHAT ABOUT WHEN IT'S 40c+ or 0c Rolling Eyes Laughing

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Diary of a Pommy in Queensland Empty Re: Diary of a Pommy in Queensland

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down