Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandit 1250 Corbin Gunfighter or Corbin Holeshot ?????? Anyone have any experience with either of these.

+3
reddog
2wheelsagain
banditboy72
7 posters

Go down

Bandit 1250 Corbin Gunfighter or Corbin Holeshot ?????? Anyone have any experience with either of these. Empty Bandit 1250 Corbin Gunfighter or Corbin Holeshot ?????? Anyone have any experience with either of these.

Post  banditboy72 Mon 30 Apr 2012, 8:12 am

Hello All,

I am currently looking to purchase a new saddle for my beloved Bandit 1250. I like the look of the Corbin Gunfighter seat a little more than the Corbin Holeshot seat but the Corbin Holeshot seat looks more comfortable. Anyone have any experience with either or both of these ? Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.......... banditboy72................
banditboy72
banditboy72

Back to top Go down

Bandit 1250 Corbin Gunfighter or Corbin Holeshot ?????? Anyone have any experience with either of these. Empty Re: Bandit 1250 Corbin Gunfighter or Corbin Holeshot ?????? Anyone have any experience with either of these.

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 30 Apr 2012, 9:46 am

What exactly are you trying to achieve with a replacement? Height, width angle, grip etc

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Bandit 1250 Corbin Gunfighter or Corbin Holeshot ?????? Anyone have any experience with either of these. Empty Re: Bandit 1250 Corbin Gunfighter or Corbin Holeshot ?????? Anyone have any experience with either of these.

Post  banditboy72 Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:14 am

Mainly Comfort, angle, and looks. Did I metion Comfort ? Very Happy
banditboy72
banditboy72

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:09 am

banditboy72 wrote:Mainly Comfort, angle, and looks. Did I metion Comfort ? Very Happy

Thats very subjective then Smile
The DW seat is firm according to his website and I think the shape of it would need to suit a paticular arse to be comfortable. The gunfighter seat looks more stock and if the stock one is "close" it could be an improvement.

How long can you sit on the stocker before it starts bighting? 3hrs is my limit and by then the bike is thirsty anyway Laughing

I'd be trying to borrow a seat for the weekend before handing over several hunders dollars.

BTW I cant remember who but a couple on here went the Corbin way and finished up going back to stock...............

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  banditboy72 Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:18 am

Thanks. I could do a few hours myself before hurting but I had my stocker modifed by Spencer Searts here in the USA and it was an instant improvement. However I still find my Family Jewels getting crusked up against the tank when I am riding and always have to push myself back all of the time. It seems that the DW seat has a nice pocket looks like you sit in the seat and not on the seat which is kind of what I am looking for. If anyone out there owns one please advise. Thanks again 2wheels.
banditboy72
banditboy72

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Mon 30 Apr 2012, 2:29 pm

Most people go the Sargent seat route for comfort
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Mon 30 Apr 2012, 3:33 pm

Yeah i bought a Sargent and its the best money i have spent on the bike

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 30 Apr 2012, 5:26 pm

holdenman wrote:Yeah i bought a Sargent and its the best money i have spent on the bike

Can you show us a pic or two Holdenman ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Mon 30 Apr 2012, 5:33 pm

I've got the Holeshot, had it on for the last six months but only done commuting, we are moving to Tassy soon so that will be the first real test on a long trip (I have also got an Air Hawk just to be on the safe side).

I think the main riders portion of the Gunfighter and the Holeshot are the same so these following comments are more about the differences over the standard seat. I find it a lot more comfortable than the standard seat, it is about an inch lower (I'm 5'10") which suits me. I don't find I'm sliding into the tank and seem to be more "attached" to the bike if you know what I mean, I really like the back support, even with the sidecar weighing things down the old Bandit still has a fair bit of acceleration and to not have that feeling of sliding of the back of the seat. Also when a little stiff and sore, it is good to push back on the seat and get a bit of pressure on the old butt and lower back.

I like the Holeshot over the Gunfighter in styling, might be just the embroidered advertising on the side (the red lettering goes well with the red paint scheme). The Gunfighter makes the seat look a little too long IMO.

One down side of the Holeshot that it appears the Gunfighter might not suffer from is the pilion seat portion. Unless you don't mind your passenger being real friendly there is virtually no way they can sit there without falling forward, might have to investigate moving the pegs forward.

Bandit 1250 Corbin Gunfighter or Corbin Holeshot ?????? Anyone have any experience with either of these. Img_4913

I have added the Ovalback rest since the top shot was taken (haven't got a recent photo so stole this bottom photo of the net), it is one of those accessories you either love or hate. I have since had the back cover CF'd by Gus Pty Ltd, and currently arranging the leather to be replaced with the CF pattern to match the seat. You can order it from Corbin with this combination of leather and back section, I got mine cheap (1/4 new price) of eBay, hence the post purchase changes.

Bandit 1250 Corbin Gunfighter or Corbin Holeshot ?????? Anyone have any experience with either of these. Corbin12

I find the Corbin seat more comfortable, better looking and I feel more as one with the bike than the standard. I got the seat and back at a very good price, if buying new however there are some good deals out there, including having the original seat re-formed by a good upholster.

Last edited by barry_mcki on Tue 01 May 2012, 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bandit 1250 Corbin Gunfighter or Corbin Holeshot ?????? Anyone have any experience with either of these. Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Mon 30 Apr 2012, 8:23 pm

Hi banditboy,
my 1250 has a Holeshot and I really like it. It's more of a sports rather than touring seat. First impression is how firm it is. It's really firm, like a horse saddle. I suspect that it may even be stuffed with horsehair!

Tried it on the run down to Phillip Island for the Grand Prix last year, (One B1200 (gen 1), one BMW R1100S and a Super Blackbird), and found it worked pretty well. Didn’t feel that comfortable at the time, but when we compared notes it seemed like the Holeshot had not been worse and maybe even better than some of the others. Indeed, two of the guys bought airhawk seats for the trip back!

For me, the practical limit with this saddle is probably about 8 – 9 hours of riding in a day, so not really an all-day touring saddle kind of thing. The main limit seems to be that with the hump you are pretty-well locked into your riding position and you can’t slide your bum back a little bit to change the pressure points and relax the legs like you can with the standard seat.

It’s really good at the track as you can move around really easily, hang off well, and the firmness lets you feel the rear wheel working away under your bum. Seat also works well when you need to swap sides in a left-right(-left again) series. Finally, the hump is well placed to stop you sliding back under acceleration and you can keep your shoulders nice and loose powering out of the turns.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Mon 30 Apr 2012, 9:11 pm

Bandit 1250 Corbin Gunfighter or Corbin Holeshot ?????? Anyone have any experience with either of these. Img_0010

Bandit 1250 Corbin Gunfighter or Corbin Holeshot ?????? Anyone have any experience with either of these. Img_0011

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 01 May 2012, 7:53 am

Thanks H-man. Looks good. Where did you get it ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Tue 01 May 2012, 9:32 am

I bought it off Fossil when he upgraded to the 1400gtr

It is a very different seat compared to the stock one. you actually sit back in and it holds you in that position. Takes a liitle getting used to but recenetly did 1000km day and i could of done more. no pressure points so you arent squirming around like with the stocker.

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Tue 01 May 2012, 2:49 pm

If you've got a problem with your pillion sliding forward checkout Triboseat http://www.triboseat.com/
It was one of the first things I brought for the Bandit as it stopped my wife from sliding into me under heavy braking.

reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Tue 01 May 2012, 6:25 pm

Its not a braking issue (bum moving forward), I find that the pillion seat angle of the Hole Shot such that the upper half of your body falls forward just sitting on the bike, I don't remember it being an issue with the standard seat.

Bandit 1250 Corbin Gunfighter or Corbin Holeshot ?????? Anyone have any experience with either of these. Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down