Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So there's been a bit of rain about lately...

+6
Ewok1958
Re-Cycled
Baz
b12mick
2wheelsagain
Four40
10 posters

Go down

So there's been a bit of rain about lately... Empty So there's been a bit of rain about lately...

Post  Four40 Thu 01 Mar 2012, 10:15 am

This week has been the wettest that I can remember. It's been so wet, I've decided that I no longer ride the bandit, it's now a boat or submarine. Thank god for good rubber, the only slides I've had have been due to rainbow puddles and those damn white painted bits Evil or Very Mad I do get a good laugh though when people at work ask me if I rode in today, I guess the wet weather gear spread around my desk is not enough of a give away. Damn I love riding!!!! cheers
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

So there's been a bit of rain about lately... Empty Re: So there's been a bit of rain about lately...

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 01 Mar 2012, 12:03 pm

I dropped the daughter off at school this morning so I wimped it and continued on in the car to work.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

So there's been a bit of rain about lately... Empty Re: So there's been a bit of rain about lately...

Post  b12mick Thu 01 Mar 2012, 12:07 pm

Sooks........
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Thu 01 Mar 2012, 3:13 pm

b12mick wrote:Sooks........
damn right b12mick .. Recycled & I just got back from a 2029km (for me) ride to Tarago via Oberon, Mt Beauty via Cooma, Bruthen via Mt Hotham, Lakes Entrance, Cann River and back up the coast road.

It started raining in Oberon and it finished coming back into Sydney.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Thu 01 Mar 2012, 3:30 pm

Sook? Me? I'm just making an observation. I will admit to having a whinge when my boots let in some water but that's about it. When I got into work there was 1 scooter and another bike where I usually park. Most of the time there are a dozen other bikes parked there.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 01 Mar 2012, 3:44 pm

Baz wrote:
damn right b12mick .. Recycled & I just got back from a 2029km (for me) ride to Tarago via Oberon, Mt Beauty via Cooma, Bruthen via Mt Hotham, Lakes Entrance, Cann River and back up the coast road.

So you got to Lakes and didnt let me know? Mad
From ealier posts it didnt sound like you were coming to the fun side of the hill. Smile

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Thu 01 Mar 2012, 4:20 pm

we discussed about getting to Sale but thought we would not have time and you would have been working .... oh did I mention the rain .... and as it turned out we got back today and we both had to be home for friday morning.
Mt Hotham ... I'm glad I couldn't see where I was.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Thu 01 Mar 2012, 4:58 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
Baz wrote:

From ealier posts it didnt sound like you were coming to the fun side of the hill. Smile

Sorry Chris, it was a last minute, ill conceived, poorly executed change of plan Embarassed
Did I mention Vodajoke didn't have coverage any where useful e.g. Omeo and I didn't think you could meet us with no notice, on a weekday and in the wet. Did I mention how $%*(( wet it was Mad

One day mate, one day. Wink

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 01 Mar 2012, 5:24 pm

Re-Cycled wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:
Baz wrote:

Sorry Chris, it was a last minute, ill conceived, poorly executed change of plan Embarassed
Did I mention Vodajoke didn't have coverage any where useful e.g. Omeo and I didn't think you could meet us with no notice, on a weekday and in the wet. Did I mention how $%*(( wet it was Mad

One day mate, one day. Wink

You are forgiven.
Even wetter today Evil or Very Mad

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 01 Mar 2012, 7:16 pm

Yep, Canberra can be wet in February. Here are my rain gauge figures (yep, there are some low figures - we did have a drought but many people are surprised to learn that November and February are often the wettest months of the year in Canberra):

On the way back from WSBK, I started to get used to the wet. Despite heavy downpours my top half stayed dry but I did get wet feet inside the boots.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Thu 01 Mar 2012, 8:21 pm

Well if it keeps up, I reckon the Monaro will be under water at Fyshwick. Molongolo is getting very high again. Still, rather be riding in the wet that sitting at work.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls Fri 02 Mar 2012, 6:03 am

'ken rain! I drove a couple of days this week. Sook.

Yesterday, the 1st of March we had exeeded our monthly average rainfall by 7:30am.
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Fri 02 Mar 2012, 6:44 am

I find myself checking the weather radar more frequently when the rain starts. Having gone thru those floods on xmas day and seeing how much damage water can make - not a great feeling pale pale

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:35 am

Four40 wrote:Sook? Me? I'm just making an observation. I will admit to having a whinge when my boots let in some water but that's about it. When I got into work there was 1 scooter and another bike where I usually park. Most of the time there are a dozen other bikes parked there.

Joking mate. On Monday if I'd had a car available I probably would have been sorely tempted to take it because my gear was still a tad damp from Sunday's ride, in fact my gloves only dried out properly yesterday, thankfully I have a few spares available.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

So there's been a bit of rain about lately... Empty So there's been a bit of rain about lately...

Post  Kaupy1962 Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:46 am

[img]So there's been a bit of rain about lately... Img_0110[/img][img] my backyard before we got 120mm So there's been a bit of rain about lately... Img_0111[/img][img]So there's been a bit of rain about lately... Img_0112[/img]My Street
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 04 Mar 2012, 12:04 pm

Looks wet mate. I haven't heard from my folks but they should be on in Murdoch Rd.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:11 pm

Yeah, no worries on Murdoch road. I went out to check on the wife's cattle Friday morning out north Wang and drove through a metre of water for about half a k. Nothing on the radar at the moment and the sun is coming through now and then. Thursday arvo we had from 100mm at the edge of the back verandah down to 300mm at the back of the yard.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Sun 04 Mar 2012, 6:08 pm

I did the Blue Mts > Phillip Is. thing and return from the WSBK's... about 520km's in the rain last Monday on the return journey..

After a few hours of washing, cleaning and polishing the bike is about as clean as normal.. Smile (That damn road grime backed on the silver painted engine/gearbox covers is hard to get off!! Mad )

Today started out nice enough and even warm... now Pi#$ing down again.. and meant to for the rest of the week... guessing the bike will stay wrapped in the shed for a few more days.. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Wed 07 Mar 2012, 9:33 pm

here is a live traffic website by the RTA and I think its very handy. It is showing all the road closures and roads that are open but damaged.
http://livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au/desktop.html

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down