Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air filters

+3
kewwig
holdenman
Kaupy1962
7 posters

Go down

Air filters Empty Air filters

Post  Kaupy1962 Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:17 pm

Ok. What does everyone think of the K&N airfilter? Why do I ask? Because after a good run at 5.1L/100k, the bandit has reset itself back to it's bad economy of 7.1L/100k. I checked the air filter (stock) and it doesn't look too bad until I blow it out.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Air filters Empty Re: Air filters

Post  holdenman Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:52 pm

I'm happy with mine

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Sat 25 Feb 2012, 2:55 pm

I have a BMC, which is the same sort of concept as a K and N. Works fine. Hardly ever have to clean it.
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Boatz Sat 25 Feb 2012, 4:43 pm

No probs with mine, got them in the cars as well. Easy to clean & oil ,never have to buy another Very Happy

Maintenance Tip " IT'S NOT RIGHT TILL ALL THE BOLTS ARE TIGHT"
Boatz
Boatz

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sat 25 Feb 2012, 5:06 pm

good question..mines 5yr old now,and the rubber seal is just starting to break down,not that it concern me,everthings got a life, but..am I going to buy another one.. well they do let more shit get through then a factory filter,and this is the trade off for more air flow. I`ve got another engine i`m slowly getting parts for,and have a highly reguarded builder that will be doing the work..he doesn`t like them,and showed me when discussing engine/performance stuff,an engine pulled apart that had used k&n,and the bore was scrathched as opposed to one that had paper filter used,and the paper filter bore was clean.
Did the k&n give me more power..yes..it did,is it damaging my engine probably..will I buy another..if I can find a different quality design,i`ll be using that in the new engine,but that will be in about 6months, so I can`t give you an alternative right now,because I haven`t found one,but continue my search talking to race/performance people to come up with my solution
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Sun 26 Feb 2012, 10:43 am

What type of oil goes on them?
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Sun 26 Feb 2012, 11:35 am

mtbeerwah wrote:good question..mines 5yr old now,and the rubber seal is just starting to break down,not that it concern me,everthings got a life, but..am I going to buy another one.. well they do let more shit get through then a factory filter,and this is the trade off for more air flow. I`ve got another engine i`m slowly getting parts for,and have a highly reguarded builder that will be doing the work..he doesn`t like them,and showed me when discussing engine/performance stuff,an engine pulled apart that had used k&n,and the bore was scrathched as opposed to one that had paper filter used,and the paper filter bore was clean.
Did the k&n give me more power..yes..it did,is it damaging my engine probably..will I buy another..if I can find a different quality design,i`ll be using that in the new engine,but that will be in about 6months, so I can`t give you an alternative right now,because I haven`t found one,but continue my search talking to race/performance people to come up with my solution
I think K&N have a 10year Warranty....Send them a email.

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Sun 26 Feb 2012, 2:14 pm

Air filtration is about compromise on any machine and there are so many variables that it can make it difficult to make a choice.
Cost, filtration, power, airflow, noise and then list can go on.
Having been in some places that put a lot of strain on air filters and also seen the results of bad air filtration I usually make the decision on what to use based on what outcome I want (longevity/reliability of the engine usually wins) compared to what kind of filter is available

IMO oil filled filters can be a PITA some times despite the claims that they save money, produce more power, improve fuel consumption etc.

For me, I use OEM (or aftermarket equivalents) due to what I've seen 1st hand . The Remove old, drop in new, ride on convenience is something I also look at.

kaupy1962 wrote:Because after a good run at 5.1L/100k, the bandit has reset itself back to it's bad economy of 7.1L/100k. I checked the air filter (stock) and it doesn't look too bad until I blow it out.

If it's done that after one or two runs then I reckon there is something else causing it apart from the air filter (unless you've been mud bogging on the bandit lately).

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sun 26 Feb 2012, 9:21 pm

didn`t know that,i`ll look into it[quote="Reardo"[/quote]I think K&N have a 10year Warranty....Send them a email.[/quote]
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down