Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which colour is my Bandit?

+13
kewwig
Grover
chips
Hammy
lliquidlen
holdenman
gus
Ewok1958
Reardo
reddog
2wheelsagain
Re-Cycled
gringo
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which colour is my Bandit? - Page 2 Empty Which colour is my Bandit?

Post  gringo Fri 13 Jan 2012, 3:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok I have a cracked fairing on the front and I was going to get it welded, however I need to find out which colour bandit I have.

I will also need to track down new stickers for the front, So I am really hoping I can get some.

I have a 2008 1250 SA in what looks like a 'metallic silver' If anyone can help it is very appreciated.

Which colour is my Bandit? - Page 2 Bandit
gringo
gringo

Back to top Go down

Which colour is my Bandit? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which colour is my Bandit?

Post  gringo Sat 31 Mar 2012, 7:50 pm

Well.. Since I cracked the fairing (Hubby actually) the bike is finally in one piece again. Seems so long ago!

So new HID lights on both high and low.. yeah I know you don't normally do low, but the high beam just looked wrong/yellow.

New barracuda led indicators all around and changed the park lights over to indicators too.

Silver reflective bandit rim stickers.

New clutch and brake handles.

And a repaired and newly painted front fairing...

...There is the problem Sad after buying the correct color myself in a can, (color was perfect match out of the can against the rest of the bike) I had a go at painting it, no good the clear coat application made bits of it just peel off! So after saving up some dollars took it in to a panel beater and told them exact color the bike was. He looked at the fairing where I had tried painting it and said it was too yellow to the original color, I was like ok, but this is the color!

Went to pick it up today and after paying $250 it has no stickers a small crack has reappeared and the color just doesnt look right... maybe I am imagining things... Took it all the way home and nope wrong freaking color!!!! Evil or Very Mad I was so pissed off, but I am over it all and put it all back together. I really hope it isn't too noticeable to everyone else. it is a bit lighter in silver color and definately less mica in the mix, cause it just don't 'sparkle' like the original.
gringo
gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Sat 31 Mar 2012, 8:27 pm

A friend has the dark metallic blue and after a recent off, the insurance company elected to repaint it. From a distance is looks OK, but the metal flake is wrong and the colour differs according to the light. It's just not as good.

When I dropped my red (YHL) one the insurance covered me buying a whole new upper fairing, which comes complete with stickers. Was around the $500 mark (NZ dollars) but just looks great.

kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 31 Mar 2012, 8:52 pm

Welcome to the world of colour matching .I gave up long ago ,may look good in the shade but in the sun not even close . .Its spray the whole bike
or deliberately make the shade different . You may have the exact colour but what about the undercoat colour ,who knows what shade Suzuki used .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Sat 31 Mar 2012, 10:43 pm

Yep a lot of things can make the color not quite right. I'm a panelbeater and I dont even pretend to know much about matching paint. I leave that to the painters and even the good ones have a hard time getting it right sometimes.
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sun 01 Apr 2012, 12:16 am

I'm with Gus, complete respray of everything. Even with the exact colour the bike itself has been subject to UV and enviromental chemicals that can cause all manner of fading, through in a splash of metalic paint and it just got a whole lot more difficult. I had everything repainted when I bought my setup including the trailer and handguards. Now all I have to do is try to match this paint to patchup all the stone chips.... Sad

Which colour is my Bandit? - Page 2 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  gringo Sun 01 Apr 2012, 12:49 am

Yes, I know that the paint match can be hard, but like I said, the can of spray I bought was almost identical compared to what is currently on the fairing. Sad it really is painfully different in color and reflective ness.. (yeah you know what I mean)

Anyway, it doesn't really matter now, bike is back together and will pump up the tires and test ride it tomorrow sometime.

Oh yeah I also put in a screen, mra/msr/something with movable spoiler on front so am waiting to try it out.

Just need some new stickers for my fairing too! Might check Suzuki dealer price on them...
gringo
gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 01 Apr 2012, 2:57 am

Dont settle for less Gringo. Take it back to the paint shop along with another painted piece off your bike and demand that they respray it to the exact colour match. You will not be happy trying to live with it the way it is.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  gringo Sun 01 Apr 2012, 3:31 am

Nope, I will just ride it like this for now.

I will try out my new indicators and screen, and if there is anything I don't like or something needs changing, I might get it done then. I will make sure they use the correct color code though.
gringo
gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 01 Apr 2012, 6:56 am

I know someone who can cover it in carbon cheaper than painting it .(something wrong there ).Gringo do you live on the Sunny Coast ?

I thought you may have been my daughter . Razz Now with your new avatar i'm sure your not . Razz
Which colour is my Bandit? - Page 2 IMG_3334
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Sun 01 Apr 2012, 10:03 am

Ya needed something like this.

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  gringo Sun 01 Apr 2012, 2:57 pm

Lol that is a good pic Gus. Hehe that ain't me, I wish.

Thanks reado, maybe next time it breaks I will look into something like this.
gringo
gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Sun 01 Apr 2012, 5:16 pm

Love the colour!..... lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  gringo Sun 01 Apr 2012, 5:29 pm

Finally got to ride my bike!

Only took it easy to make sure nothing was loose and everything was running smooth as it has been sitting a while.

I like the new screen and find it does provide wind drop, especially on the helmet area.

Already been complimented on the new led Barracuda indicators when I stopped for a break!

Seriously forgot how nice this bike is to ride, I have been riding the zzr250 while repairing, and it is so skittish compared to the bandit. Lol I did forget how heavy and high the seating was too, have to be very careful when I stop again Very Happy
gringo
gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustic Sun 01 Apr 2012, 5:31 pm

In different light mine appears to have shades of blue and green or even bluegreen - so pretty

The More People I Meet
The More I like My Dog
Rustic
Rustic

https://s1165.photobucket.com/profile/Rustic101/index

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum