Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good News Bad News GSX1250FA

+3
2wheelsagain
Hammy
Rustic
7 posters

Go down

Good News Bad News GSX1250FA Empty Good News Bad News GSX1250FA

Post  Rustic Fri 13 Jan 2012, 2:04 pm

Afternoon all,

Well I got bugger all sleep last night as I was due to pick up the new bike this morning and was a tad excited.

Last night we had a serious weather front which crossed the Tasman, thank you Australia Wink So this morning it was absolutely chucking it down and blowing a gail, with lightening strikes and thunder. In fact as I type this it has only deteriorated.

After three or four coffees this morning looking outside all hope seemed to be fading away of picking her up today,,, Not sure whether it was the coffee or lack of sleep but thought bugger it! Jumped in the ute and headed down to the bus stop, then into the Dealers. They were fresh out of wet suits and speedos so after a few more coffees and perving at other bikes, I spied a gap in the weather and took my chance.

The wind was absolutely going off so I got to she how she handled in these conditions, she was very stable in fact far better than other bikes I've owned. I only had to put my knee out three times. Those not familiar with Wellington should know we get strong cross winds at times. I was taught by a wise man to open your knee to the pervailing wind and it acts as an anchor/ stabiliser - try it some time it really works Wink

Got home and and parked her up in the freshly build garage I had only just finished yesterday; and there ladies and gentleman is where she is currently parked - The worst thing is I can't even see her from inside.

Well at least I'm getting very familiar with the GSX1250FA Owners Manual. So far I have found 23 spelling mistakes and some shocking grammar.

I'm still on Christmas holidays at the moment and in between renovations of the house with some major works being undertaken. However I can strongly advise you all that I will be making every opportunity to get out and about , maybe in between concrete pours lol.

Sam

P.S I forgot to mention I do ride in all weather, rain snow etc, but with new tyres not scrubbed in and brakes that are not yet bedded in I did not want to push my luck Wink
Rustic
Rustic

https://s1165.photobucket.com/profile/Rustic101/index

Back to top Go down

Good News Bad News GSX1250FA Empty Re: Good News Bad News GSX1250FA

Post  Hammy Fri 13 Jan 2012, 2:25 pm

Heres what you do. Comfy chair in garage. Nice cuppa coffee or maybe something a bit stronger. Owners manual. Sit. Read. look. Read. Tinker. Look. Read. Until you feel you are getting to know each other. Enjoy. Very Happy
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 13 Jan 2012, 2:26 pm

Dont tell me NZ dealers put enough fuel in to get you home? Our tight arses dont.
The tyres will be scrubbed in by now and the brakes will be pretty well right too.
Run the tools over it after a couple of hunderd k's and check the radiator overflow. Most of us had to top it up I think.
I'm glad you made it home without incident. Enjot it Smile

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustic Fri 13 Jan 2012, 2:28 pm

Note to self:

Must line the garage out, install electricity, heater, running water and a laz-e-boy.

Thanks Hammy
Rustic
Rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustic Fri 13 Jan 2012, 2:40 pm

The dealers marketing strategy here is:

Full tank of Gas
Six months rego,
Six moths warrant, and
A free Yoshimura slip on fitted to the bike.

Plus as a new bike buyer I get 10% off products and services. I think I got a bit of a bonus as I did not want the Yoshimura on the bike but said I still wanted the pipe as that was the offer 'a free Yoshimura slip on'. So hence I have to go pick it up tomorrow lol.

Rustic
Rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 13 Jan 2012, 3:31 pm

You are going to put the Yoshi on are'nt you ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  chips Fri 13 Jan 2012, 5:07 pm

Rustic wrote:I was taught by a wise man to open your knee to the pervailing wind and it acts as an anchor/ stabiliser - try it some time it really works Wink

yea, i have been taught the same thing and will vouch for it too :-)

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Fri 13 Jan 2012, 5:33 pm

chips wrote:
Rustic wrote:I was taught by a wise man to open your knee to the pervailing wind and it acts as an anchor/ stabiliser - try it some time it really works Wink

How's this knee thing work?

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustic Fri 13 Jan 2012, 6:33 pm

Reardo wrote:
chips wrote:

How's this knee thing work?

Ok, I'll try and explain best I can:

Your riding down the road and get hit by a cross wind coming from, say, your right side.
Move your right knee away from the tank and out to the side of your body as far as you can or need too.
Do not take or move your foot off the peg, or move your butt from its natural riding position.

I'm not a physicist or engineer, but I think the principle is that it (the gap) 'grabs' the air to counter the cross wind from 'pushing' you over. It really is like a stabiliser it also helps you to relax so that no unwarranted counter steering is applied.

If the wind is a gust don't forget to pull your knee back in once you are through it Wink It actually becomes second nature after a while. Certainly while looking ahead you'll subliminally note trees or bushes moving and by the time you in it you notice your knee is out..

Last edited by Rustic on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
Rustic
Rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Fri 13 Jan 2012, 7:06 pm

So when are you gonna show me the new girl?
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustic Fri 13 Jan 2012, 8:38 pm

kewwig wrote:So when are you gonna show me the new girl?

I'll pop round on Sunday if you like or swing by work on Monday? Tomorrows out as travelling out of town, sadly in four wheels.

My wish list is getting bigger and bigger, I'll start with the Stebel, fender extender etc Wink

What have I done lol. I've put off buying a digger for home over a new bike hehe o well.
Rustic
Rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  lliquidlen Sun 15 Jan 2012, 2:11 pm

From 4 wheels again.

I'm glad you made it home without incident. Enjot it

I also hope you Enjot your new bike have lots of Fud but stay uprigot.

lliquidlen
lliquidlen

Back to top Go down

Good News Bad News GSX1250FA Empty Pictures

Post  Rustic Sun 15 Jan 2012, 8:52 pm

Hoping this works....

Had been riding all morning then was waiting for kewwig to turn up for a ride over the hill together

Good News Bad News GSX1250FA Firstride020

Last edited by Rustic on Sun 15 Jan 2012, 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
Rustic
Rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustic Sun 15 Jan 2012, 9:21 pm

I had a great day with most of the ride at low speed in, up and around the tight Wellington Streets and hill practicing my handling skills and getting to feel how she reacts. I also gave me a great chance to scrub the tyres in.

The wind was an absolute shocker gusting up to 75kph and worse. Was going to ride over the Rimutaka Hill (a winding play ground bikes) however it was gusting up to and over 120kph and the advisory signs were flashing with warnings..

Had to laugh as I went for a blast around Shelly Bay Road (more winding bends) and the waves were hitting the foreshore and allowing the wind to drive the water across the road hence I was getting sprayed. Quick stop at Super Cheap Autos in Miramar to get a cloth and bottle of spray on detailer to give the baby a wipe down immediately. Ok I had a coffee while I did it.

As I rode I've decided to name her the Grey Ghost..

I've put a picture up of her parked at Mt Victoria look out, the Wellington Airport is just above the top box.

It was a great day apart from the wind but hey, tis life. First bling on the bike was pink dust caps (Breast Cancer Supporter) on the tyres. I've ordered a triple tree, tank and gas ring protector, am sourcing an MRA Vario touring screen and rear hugger and, and the list grows longer.

Have joined photobucket and am rustic101 on that and will post more pictures in time.

Good News Bad News GSX1250FA Firstride010-1
Rustic
Rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 15 Jan 2012, 10:30 pm

Great lookin steed Sam. Love the colour. I remember many, many years ago I rode south into Wellington ( had a Honda 900 bol d Or ) from the Hawkes Bay region. Rode through a Gorge somewhere and it was some of the best bike road and scenic riding I have done. Nice.

ps. You must get rid of that overweight canon hanging off the end of your header pipes. Smile
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Mon 16 Jan 2012, 6:05 pm

Great ride Sam. I can think of a Yoshi RS3 not too far from you that would look just great on the bike and liberate a few ponies.... Laughing
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down