Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fairing on a naked

5 posters

Go down

fairing on a naked Empty fairing on a naked

Post  Tommo1965 Sat 07 Jan 2012, 9:23 am

Hi All

just wondering if anyone has put a stock fairing on a naked..the bikini one not full..if so how hard was it and what did it set you back ?

cheers

Tommo1965

Back to top Go down

fairing on a naked Empty Re: fairing on a naked

Post  reddog Sat 07 Jan 2012, 11:43 am

I wouldn;t bother mate. Just get yourself a decent screen for the naked. The half fairing looks okay, but it vibrates like you wouldn't believe
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

fairing on a naked Empty fairing on a naked

Post  paul Sat 07 Jan 2012, 11:48 am

Mine doesn`t vibrate yet but I have to agree with Reddog / get yourself a screen & you can always take it on and off when you want . Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sat 07 Jan 2012, 12:38 pm

Hi Tommo,

Unless you bought another faired bike to get all the parts from, I think it would cost you a small fortune. You have not only to find the bikini fairing (possiblly repair and paint it to match), you need the dash parts, the inner fairing, the headlight assemble, the inner metal frame it all attaches to, probable a new wiring loom, the correct bolts/fasteners, and I don't know what else, it sounds like a very expensive exercise.
fairing on a naked Fairin10

Even though mine has the full upper and lowers, I don't think I'd be wanting to do this to change to what is not a bad looking and more unique bike.

IMHO leave it in the natural (naked) look.

barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  STI-REX Sat 07 Jan 2012, 2:19 pm

It is very expensive going either way as i just priced it all up to go from faired on my K5 1200s to naked and it was over $1800 all up for new parts from suzuki AUS or just over $1200 for new parts from a dealer overseas that i got a quote from

It is expensive as the instrument cases need changing and the top triple clamp is also different along with all sorts of brackets and different wiring for the lighting on my model

Still want to do mine but i will most probab ly buy some bit from E-Bay and do it as a project over the next year when i have accumulated all the bits needed
STI-REX
STI-REX

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommo1965 Sat 07 Jan 2012, 6:18 pm

thanks for the replies chaps, I guess Ill look for a screen..any sugestions ?..or better still any pictures of a naked with a screen

Tommo1965

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down