Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Another) Secondaries Question

+2
Reardo
2010banditsa
6 posters

Go down

(Another) Secondaries Question Empty (Another) Secondaries Question

Post  2010banditsa Thu 29 Dec 2011, 10:05 am

Seasons greetings to you all!!
Yeah i know its an oldy, but.... can you remove the secondaries and do the airbox cutout without a K&N filter or a power commander? If not, can you without the commander only? Gus, is this what you have done?
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

(Another) Secondaries Question Empty Re: (Another) Secondaries Question

Post  Reardo Thu 29 Dec 2011, 12:24 pm

I was on the phone to the Dyno shop last week & he said th FI had 3% auto adjustment which is heaps.

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Thu 29 Dec 2011, 12:29 pm

thanks for the response Reardo, so i'm assuming that means it wont run properly eh. I know its a bit of a stupid question, but i dont wanna spend any money and i have some time on holidays so i could do it if it was gonna work
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Thu 29 Dec 2011, 2:05 pm

Reardo wrote:I was on the phone to the Dyno shop last week & he said th FI had 3% auto adjustment which is heaps.
I'd reckon he might be talking about when the O2 sensor is doing it's thing during closed loop feedback. When the O2 sensor is out of the picture (open loop) then it's back to the stock maps. See here (page 3 and 4 is best to read) for a pretty easy to understand explanation of closed and open loop operation
AFAIK the suzuki ECU does not learn and retain when it comes to the info it gets from the O2 sensor.

2010banditsa wrote:can you remove the secondaries and do the airbox cutout without a K&N filter or a power commander? If not, can you without the commander only? Gus, is this what you have done?

Experience seams to indicate you can remove the 2nds without the need to add a PC, however every one that I have read about has added one of some kind if doing the rest of the mods (air box etc). I don't know any info that proves the bike runs more lean than normal during everyday operation once the 2nds are removed (with no other mods). Doesn't mean the info isn't out there tho. When I took my 2nds out I used the inbuilt adjust-ability of the Suzuki ECU to add a little fuel in certain areas but I had other mods done as well.
You can do any engine mods you want and keep the stock air filter, in fact some have found it a better option for what they want (I personally do not like K&N filters due to 4wd+dust experience)
If you're asking can you do just a PC without any of the other mods, then yes you can. Keep in mind that the PC is not your only option, there are others such as TFI, FIT, reflashing etc etc

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Thu 29 Dec 2011, 2:13 pm

thanks also dhula.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Thu 29 Dec 2011, 2:15 pm

I was asking if you can do the secondary removal and airbox mod with no PC. From your answer it looks as though you think it should be ok.
Cheers
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Thu 29 Dec 2011, 3:07 pm

after taking the time to read some of the lengthier posts from the past, i have decided to take the plunge and do this mod with no PC. I thought there was a picture step by step guide on how to do it, buggered if i can find it though. Anyone know who did it and i'll search their posts. Thanks for your time people.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Thu 29 Dec 2011, 3:47 pm

There is heaps of info around on this and other bandit specific forums of how to remove the 2nds. I think it was reardo that did a video even.
I can't find it quickly either as I seam to suk the big uns when I click the search thingo.
One pictorial I often refer people to is the holeshot one as I think it is pretty good.
I'm sure if you have any probs there is always someone here that is willing to help out and get you back on track.
If you remove the 2nds and aren't guna fit a PC type fuel adder, then consider getting yourself another air box lid so that you can mod one and keep a stock one just in case you find there is a problem. Once you cut the air box lid there is no going back without a bit of work.

Last edited by dhula on Fri 30 Dec 2011, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Thu 29 Dec 2011, 5:45 pm

I only filmed me pulling the the butterfly's out. Look for all the wires cable tied to TB & a couple of hoses. The job is not that hard, just a lot of fiddly shit. Just take your time. Tie the air box back (thanks gus) makes it easier. I used a pink towel just you too Gus Very Happy

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Skywardbandit Thu 29 Dec 2011, 10:27 pm

Hey 2010banditsa
I was going to try the same thing. Let us know how it goes.
I've removed the snorkel & drilled the hole. That lets it rev easier.
Skywardbandit
Skywardbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 30 Dec 2011, 7:05 am

It will be fine ,no great . .I run no power com. ,no secondaries ,no k@n ,no snorkle and a 2" hole in air box lid .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Fri 30 Dec 2011, 10:03 am

thank you all once again.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Sat 31 Dec 2011, 4:16 pm

fuck me, the saga continues- bloody looked everywhere yesty for a size 0 phillips head with a decent sized handle to no avail, looks like its gonna be the one out of the set then..... with the trusty drill on stand by
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Sat 31 Dec 2011, 7:53 pm

Well after all that, i did it this arvo. Pretty easy really, took bugger all... in fact i find it harder to stop the rear wheel going backwards when im trying to tighten the main bolt to adjust the chain so it doesnt end up too fukn tight.....
had a few beers in readiness for new years so cant go for a splat yet.
thanks for everyones advice, especially considering its a bit of a re-hash of old news.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 31 Dec 2011, 8:36 pm

2010banditsa wrote:Well after all that, i did it this arvo. Pretty easy really, took bugger all... in fact i find it harder to stop the rear wheel going backwards when im trying to tighten the main bolt to adjust the chain so it doesnt end up too fukn tight.....
had a few beers in readiness for new years so cant go for a splat yet.
thanks for everyones advice, especially considering its a bit of a re-hash of old news.

Hope you don't go for a splat.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:39 am

well i have been for a few decent rides now and i have to say i think it makes a bit of a difference (maybe just psychologically but hey, never underestimate the placebo effect). Given its a free mod and doesnt take too long to do, i'd call it worth it (as the general consensus seems to be).
for those wondering if they should do it on a budget, i dont have a pc or a high flow filter, but have cut a cpl of holes in the air box lid and its still goes fine (as per Gus' comment).
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down