Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Willowbank Drags on Wednesday 28th December

3 posters

Go down

Willowbank Drags on Wednesday 28th December Empty Willowbank Drags on Wednesday 28th December

Post  Ironman Tue 27 Dec 2011, 6:07 pm

Thought I'd put this out there.
$45 to race. This also gets one other person in for free.
Gates open 5.30pm. Racing starts at 6pm.
Weather forcast is fine for Wednesday and the fine weather is supposed to carry on into Thursday.

All info is contained here...

http://www.willowbankraceway.com.au/events/detail.aspx?EventGroupID=45

Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Willowbank Drags on Wednesday 28th December Empty Willowbank Drags on Wednesday 28th December

Post  paul Tue 27 Dec 2011, 10:17 pm

pitty your so far from here / hope it goes well for you Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Willowbank Drags on Wednesday 28th December Empty Re: Willowbank Drags on Wednesday 28th December

Post  chips Tue 27 Dec 2011, 10:44 pm

tempted to come and watch, but.......

I'm watching the Indians smash the Aussies on TV instead :-) so will miss it this time :-(

Man, I'm an atheist but if I did believe in a god, Tendulkar would be Jesus.....
chips
chips

Back to top Go down

Willowbank Drags on Wednesday 28th December Empty Re: Willowbank Drags on Wednesday 28th December

Post  Ironman Thu 29 Dec 2011, 9:53 am

Best run of 5 was 11.7 seconds. Not bad I reckon considering it had a big dead elephant on its back (me in full leathers).
No breakages or incidents. Plenty of start line wheelies which I had to learn to control - but what a rush feeling the front wheel getting really light and skittish all the way down the track! Twisted Evil
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  chips Thu 29 Dec 2011, 7:25 pm

Full Throttle wrote:Best run of 5 was 11.7 seconds. Not bad I reckon considering it had a big dead elephant on its back (me in full leathers).
No breakages or incidents. Plenty of start line wheelies which I had to learn to control - but what a rush feeling the front wheel getting really light and skittish all the way down the track! Twisted Evil

you have more guts than me :-)
chips
chips

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Thu 29 Dec 2011, 8:44 pm

sounds like you had a ball . cheers
( there is finally talk of resurrecting or building a new track in Adelaide after a long time without a functioning one )

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Fri 30 Dec 2011, 8:08 am

Yup It was worth every one of the 45 dollars I paid to do it.
The engine sounded awesome - 4th gear - 8000rpm (shift point between 8,500 and 9,000) - throttles pinned wide open, full tuck under the screen (had eyefull of the clocks) and the 400m lights flash past you and unfortunately you have to close the valves. If only I had another 400m to wind her ALL THE WAY OUT.

All I need now is a stage 2 kit, some pods, GSXR1100 cams.....
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  chips Fri 30 Dec 2011, 10:17 am

Full Throttle wrote:Yup It was worth every one of the 45 dollars I paid to do it.
The engine sounded awesome - 4th gear - 8000rpm (shift point between 8,500 and 9,000) - throttles pinned wide open, full tuck under the screen (had eyefull of the clocks) and the 400m lights flash past you and unfortunately you have to close the valves. If only I had another 400m to wind her ALL THE WAY OUT.

All I need now is a stage 2 kit, some pods, GSXR1100 cams.....

and so the $$$ drain has opened :-)
chips
chips

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down