Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old style Repco for Bikes?

4 posters

Go down

Old style Repco for Bikes? Empty Old style Repco for Bikes?

Post  Ironman Sat 12 Nov 2011, 8:35 am

For those of us who are old enough to remember, I wish there was a shop like the old style Repco / Aussie Auto Trend, which sold stuff like jets, shims, vac barbs, hose and wire by the metre, oils, filters, nuts and bolts (not in clam packs), gauges, paints, tools, carburettors, tuning books and the other thousands of things you could buy from the one shop like I remember in the early 90's when I was doing up cars. If only that existed for bikes. Anyone know of a shop that exists like this anymore? Plus it has to be open on Sundays. Supercheap sell pre packed crap (looked at the bulbs they sell of late - I reckon they should be called Rapidblow bulbs) most of the time, and Repco have sold out to the before mentioned mentra of auto ignoramus noofties who cant fit a pair of seat covers for themselves. Sorry just lamenting and ranting. What and idea though, an auto / bike store for people who have a brain and like to do stuff for themselves.
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Old style Repco for Bikes? Empty Re: Old style Repco for Bikes?

Post  dhula Sat 12 Nov 2011, 9:57 am

yes would be great if it still existed. They used to do some pretty neet stuff (who remembers the rotary valve head idea)
Unfortunatly I don't think it will exist ever again due to some of the proposed rules being bandied around concerning maintaining and fixing cars/bikes and because it's not where the money is any more.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Sat 12 Nov 2011, 10:52 am

What ideas? Another regulation pitted at reducing our savings I bet.
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 18 Nov 2011, 10:26 am

My nearest auto store is Repco and open Sunday .Next door is an engineering shop which sells stainless bolts ,next door is a auto paint shop .
Next door is a beer shop .
All 2 k away .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  chips Sat 19 Nov 2011, 4:57 pm

gus wrote:My nearest auto store is Repco and open Sunday .Next door is an engineering shop which sells stainless bolts ,next door is a auto paint shop .
Next door is a beer shop .
All 2 k away .

these elements = heaven....
chips
chips

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down