Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what shit week its been

+5
2wheelsagain
dhula
paul
reddog
Jimcoleman
9 posters

Go down

what shit week its been  Empty what shit week its been

Post  Jimcoleman Thu 20 Oct 2011, 10:00 pm

glad when this ones over i tell you saturday night shortsand tee shirt have a high speed off in the garage ( dropping the bike off the centre stand then losing balance and dropping the bike on me ) i get a high speed ride to hospital with a ankle that looks like the big old ladys down the road.

not broken phew!! week off work on crutches and i scratched me bike , geezus, broke a blinker scratched the fairing, snapped the end off clutch lever, scuffed the mirror.

well ordered the new bits get a phone call that there in stagger up to bega to pickem up thats not what i ordered, yes it is says the bonehead behind the counter nup mate that looks nothing like either for a 2009 bandit oh oh says the bone head " i thought you said 1999 " did ever dawn on you that i also ordered rear pads and i told you it was a abs model. promise there in by the weekend he says, better be.

stagger home, sitting on my verander is my nice new mirror extenders and crash bars from motoraand in WA over night amazing should of got my blinker and leaver from him. job for the week end

hopefully the ankle will be better so i can go for a ride

and next weeks a better week

Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

what shit week its been  Empty Re: what shit week its been

Post  reddog Thu 20 Oct 2011, 10:34 pm

Should have brought after market chinese adjustable levers. They are bloody good value and better than the stockers.

BTW motorrad garage do the Kettenmax chain cleaners which I also recommend
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

what shit week its been  Empty what a shit week its been

Post  paul Thu 20 Oct 2011, 10:46 pm

Jimcoleman wrote:glad when this ones over i tell you saturday night shortsand tee shirt have a high speed off in the garage ( dropping the bike off the centre stand then losing balance and dropping the bike on me ) i get a high speed ride to hospital with a ankle that looks like the big old ladys down the road.

not broken phew!! week off work on crutches and i scratched me bike , geezus, broke a blinker scratched the fairing, snapped the end off clutch lever, scuffed the mirror.

well ordered the new bits get a phone call that there in stagger up to bega to pickem up thats not what i ordered, yes it is says the bonehead behind the counter nup mate that looks nothing like either for a 2009 bandit oh oh says the bone head " i thought you said 1999 " did ever dawn on you that i also ordered rear pads and i told you it was a abs model. promise there in by the weekend he says, better be.

stagger home, sitting on my verander is my nice new mirror extenders and crash bars from motoraand in WA over night amazing should of got my blinker and leaver from him. job for the week end

hopefully the ankle will be better so i can go for a ride

and next weeks a better week

while you`ve got your feet up may as well have a beer ! ( bad luck mate hope you get it sorted soon ) Wink

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Fri 21 Oct 2011, 12:44 am

+1 for micheal from motorrad. A top bloke and always does his best to help out from my experience. Nice to chat to in person to as well.
Owns a well kitted Tiger XC as his personal transport

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 21 Oct 2011, 5:25 am

Mate I hope next week is better for you.
A surprising number of Bandits have gone down in garages. My ex put mine down once but no broken bits. Others have similar stories.
Just work out why and don't repeat!

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  sb1250 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:39 am

Gaffa tape is my new best friend! A new indicator asm is on order for almost the same mishap you had. Evil or Very Mad

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 21 Oct 2011, 8:06 am

Bad luck. Stay off the foot and keep it elivated.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mars Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:16 am

Hope you get her sorted soon.

If it makes you feel any better, I handed my keys to the Airport parking place a couple of weeks back when i had to fly interstate. Told the bloke not to move her cause its a HEAVY bike but they didn't listen.. They dropped her (similar injuries to yours) and then the Manager tried to say that bike was like that when it arrived. Evil or Very Mad
Had to threaten legal action etc.... before they eventually decided to look at video surveillance tape and they eventually confirmed that one of their employees had kindly moved the bike and didn't tell anyone....

Anyway, love my bike but its all fixable. Good luck with repairs.
Mars
Mars

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:16 pm

all fixed apart from a few scratches really like my crash bars not as functional as say oggies for high way pegs but much appeasing to the eye, mirror extenders work a treat bang on the lever now hopefully this leg is better for sunday ride tis getting there

changeed the way i get the bandit of the centre stand so hopefully it wont fall over any more

has any one seen if theres a training wheel kit for a bandit think i might need it
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

what shit week its been  Empty what a shit week it`s been

Post  paul Sat 22 Oct 2011, 12:21 am

Jimcoleman wrote:all fixed apart from a few scratches really like my crash bars not as functional as say oggies for high way pegs but much appeasing to the eye, mirror extenders work a treat bang on the lever now hopefully this leg is better for sunday ride tis getting there

changeed the way i get the bandit of the centre stand so hopefully it wont fall over any more

has any one seen if theres a training wheel kit for a bandit think i might need it

you could always put your side stand down first before you rock it off the center stand so you can lean it down on that if it starts to go down ( not fool proof but it can help ) Smile

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sat 22 Oct 2011, 1:58 pm

Jimcoleman wrote: has any one seen if theres a training wheel kit for a bandit think i might need it

I've got one.....nothing like locking up both wheels and staying upright....

what shit week its been  IMG_0699-sml

Barry
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sat 22 Oct 2011, 2:46 pm

Thats an SRK job I take it?

What do they cost?
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sat 22 Oct 2011, 9:17 pm

reddog wrote:Thats an SRK job I take it?

What do they cost?

Yep, Sean Kelly's from Bathurst - the Bandit was his brothers before I convinced him to sell it.

Basic 1.5 Priemer that I have is about $7,000, but if your serious you will also need the front end changed to a Leading Link and steering damper ($3,500). There's all sorts of other options depending on how deep your pockets are or how much you don't tell the missus.

He does good work although it is pricey, but it is all custom done in his shop. His site has a ton of bikes that he has converted, with different style out-riggers, well worth looking at.

Barry
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down