Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

back riding after a couple of months off the road

+3
2wheelsagain
Saikhan
dhula
7 posters

Go down

back riding after a couple of months off the road Empty back riding after a couple of months off the road

Post  dhula Sat 15 Oct 2011, 6:49 pm

Following my eye operation and since I've got my new seeing goggles, Ive been back on the bike for a couple of short rides to/from work this week and today cause it was a nice day, and cause I can, I went for a short ride for the fun of it.
Only real problem was I ended up with a numb behind and a visor flooded with little bug splatters. Apart from that all was good
Here is a google maps thingo of where I went. Boring but hey, it's a ride on two wheels

dhula

Back to top Go down

back riding after a couple of months off the road Empty Re: back riding after a couple of months off the road

Post  Saikhan Sat 15 Oct 2011, 7:29 pm

I can't see the "google maps thingo". Smile

Wait ,,,yes I can now nvm.
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

back riding after a couple of months off the road Empty Re: back riding after a couple of months off the road

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 15 Oct 2011, 8:08 pm

Any ride is a good ride. I have a bro down that way in Mandurah.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 15 Oct 2011, 9:29 pm

I made a mistake once and rode home straight after having a pterygium(skin growth on the eye ,too much sun ) cut of my eye . With a large patch over the eye it made the ride home very interesting .NOT recommended under any circumstances . cyclops
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:40 am

I had a bit more than that cut out of my eye.
It's taken a fair bit for my brain to rewire itself and learn how to see again.
~150kms and a pretty simple ride and I was buggered when I got home. More mentally than physically I reckon. Even had a little nanna nap for about 1/2 hour to recover.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 16 Oct 2011, 9:00 am

Eye ops ,not pleasant . Evil or Very Mad
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 16 Oct 2011, 9:07 am

Baby steps dhula. Glad to hear that you are on the mend. You live in a lovely part of the country. Well it was back in '78 when I toured around WA. Very Happy
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 16 Oct 2011, 10:09 am

Good work Dhula. You missed out not going over to Waroona then Dwellingup via Nanga Brook road. Hows the new steed going?
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Mon 17 Oct 2011, 11:05 am

Bloody good to here you're back on the road mate.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:11 pm

Here is a bit of an idea of what I had done
back riding after a couple of months off the road Cornea_Transplant
It's the second one (the first one was on the other eye) I've had done so kinda now what to expect I hope.

Vee strom is going great guns. Is in need of a bit of a tune up to get it singing sweet and that will be happening very soon.
Definatly not as smooth as the bandit when talking engine as you'd expect from a twin but overall, better than I first thought it would be. Effortless kms and a bit more dirt road worthy. I never felt cumfy on dirt with the bandit, the Vee just does it easy for a novice like me.

I was pretty tired (more than expected) after the short and pretty straight forwards ride. To and from work is sweet, just the longer rides may take a bit of getting used to I think. Plenty of time to get there as I'm in no rush.
My hope is to be able to ride to Bunbury for the Xmas toy run down that way with the mrs and kids and the plan is to make it an overnighter but we'll see how it all goes.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:32 pm

Ow ,ow ,ow .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down