Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hanging out for a ride!!!

3 posters

Go down

Hanging out for a ride!!! Empty Hanging out for a ride!!!

Post  Bhoffo Sat 23 Jul 2011, 6:35 pm

I've been waiting patiently for the weather to clear a little - just enough for a 3 - 4 hour ride out west of Katoomba somewhere and it looks like tomorrow (Sunday) may be ok - and Monday too with a little luck. Wink

Just had a peek outside and I saw those sparkling things up there where for the past week or more there has just been total blackness with wet stuff falling out of it! bounce

Back to top Go down

Hanging out for a ride!!! Empty Re: Hanging out for a ride!!!

Post  reddog Sat 23 Jul 2011, 7:31 pm

We have the same weather down here in SW WA. Have to wheel out the dirt bike tomorrow if the weather keeps up Smile
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Hanging out for a ride!!! Empty Hangin out for a ride

Post  Kaupy1962 Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:02 am

We had a beautiful day for a ride yesterday but went fishing instead(couldn't catch a cold), and today it's wet and miserable here in Vic.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:29 am

It's nearly midday now... and the temp has warmed to a balmy 6.7 here in the mountains; doesn't appear to be any serious rain on the horizon so thinking I'll go to Bathurst via Tarana & O'Connell - then perhaps to Ilford via Sofala and back on the Mudgee road... see how far I get.. bounce !

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:37 pm

Well I got back about 1 1/2 hours ago and I'm still thawing out!! Cool

Did the ride I said - around 285kms, not much traffic about (especially on the back roads) though I found there was about 4 stretches of hard dirt surface on the Lithgow - Tarana section; the road there has been terribly pot-holed for years so it seems the council is finally deciding to do something about it. Very happy that I didn't venture onto that section of the ride whilst it was raining!

On the way back from Ilford I could see what appeared to be storm clouds banking up in the south west and coming my way.. a little bit of heavy twisting on the throttle to try to beat the weather and I managed to get by with a bit of a sprinkle. Wasn't game to stop for a 'snakes hiss' and a coffee though... too cold and didn't want to spend time looking for it with the seemingly impending rain storm on the horizon. Smile

Finally got out though after nearly 2 weeks and gave the new PR3 tyres a bit of a test too - Very happy with those too... seem to stick to the road like the proverbial s%$t to a blanket! bounce Hope they last as long or better than the original PR's I had on.

Last edited by Bhoffo on Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down