Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pair talk ...

+3
Kaupy1962
dhula
gus
7 posters

Go down

Pair talk ... Empty Pair talk ...

Post  gus Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:25 pm

I'm confused .I made up some pair block of plates by tracing around the original parts .On the under side i drilled 4 dents (half way thought plate )
so the reed valve can stay in place and the ends of the 4 screws dont keep the plate too high .2 hrs for 2 ,extreamly easy .
I removed all the hoses ,and with plastic caps blocked the ends of the solenoid so no dirt gets in there .Perfect .
So why are people removing the solenoid and replacing it with a resister ? Whats the point ,the solenoid is small and not in the way so why replace it ?
Pair talk ... IMG_2302
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Pair talk ... Empty Re: Pair talk ...

Post  dhula Mon 18 Jul 2011, 9:43 pm

1. The 10g weight saving will make the bike accelerate 10 warp factors faster
2. It's not left hanging like sheep nuts and swinging in the breeze
3. Cause they can
4. Why not
5. One more thing to add to the collection of removed parts and throw in the bin when the bike is traded

and various other reasons that I can't think of right now.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 19 Jul 2011, 7:36 am

So its a waist of time and money then . Razz Cable tie the solenoid somewhere out of the way.
Pair talk ... IMG_2359

underneath
Pair talk ... IMG_2358
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Pair talk ... Empty Pair talk

Post  Kaupy1962 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:59 am

Geez Gus. I should've just paid you the $30
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:23 am

Lets not go there . Razz The things i make are a bit" rough around the edges " .Thats why you pay the pro's .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Pair talk ... Empty Pair talk

Post  Kaupy1962 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:32 am

The 2 plates you made look ok to me. I'm not going to remove the lot though just in case I ever get pulled up by a no it all cop. Or the EPA. It's happen before. I just want to put the plates in and leave the rest so it looks the same. Not that worried about the extra weight as the poor thing has to carry me at 110kg, I don't think a few grams more is gonna kill it.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:38 am

gus wrote:Lets not go there . Razz The things i make are a bit" rough around the edges " .Thats why you pay the pro's .

MM would still be talking to his legal team Laughing
Good one Gus Wink
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:58 am

I'm sure you get a better job by M.M being powder coated and all that .Thats why you pay for it .Not everyone wants to spend 2 hours cutting and
sanding .Its just a shame he carnt see the back yard guy might HELP his buisness by bringing peoples attention to the parts available .
Most parts i make i have to make again because i stuff up the first one .So that makes it 4 hours work ,hardly worth it ,unless you like that
type of thing . A lot easyer to buy one of him .Its a shame he doesnt see it that way .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Tue 19 Jul 2011, 2:25 pm

Gus... a $2 resistor is hardly a waste of money or time mate. I thought you were all about simplifying things.

If I knew the correct resistor I would have posted it up for you to go and grab one already.

BTW mine does hit Warp factor 10 without the PAIR solenoid. Prior it could only do 9.5 Razz
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 19 Jul 2011, 2:50 pm

Reddog youve just answered my first question ."why fit a resister ?" Because the are smaller ,lighter and only $2 .Now i get it . Razz
Still need a pic though . Very Happy
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:07 pm

Not much too see.. but if I get bored this arvo after work I'll pull the tank and take a shot of it
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Tue 19 Jul 2011, 6:54 pm

Don't have a pic of mine but try to imagine the end of the cable where the plug is that fits to the electrical connection on the valve.
Now add about 10-15mm more length and some heat shrink and tape to insulate and weather protection
Now zip tie that to the frame rail out of the way so it doesn't even look like it's there anymore and there you have it.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  moto1 Fri 17 Feb 2012, 2:01 pm

Hi guys it's been a while since my last post due to work and family commitments, fortunately its time to play with my bike again. Very Happy
My question is once the pair valve pumbing is removed is it completely necessary to remove the solenoid as well ? or can I leave the two cables soldered on where they are.
I have a power commander 5 with the o2 sensor plug installed, yoshi pipe and KN air filter but am still getting popping on decel.
any advice would be helpful.
glad to be back on here too by the way
moto1
moto1

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 17 Feb 2012, 2:11 pm

You can leave it in place .I did for ages but changed it over because i found the right resistor .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Sun 19 Feb 2012, 6:22 am

If "go faster or betterer" parts were not so bloody expensive, I'm sure peeps would buy them from the "developer / manufacturer" rather then DIY.
Went through JB's yesterday and was astounded at what HI-FI gear / TV's / Blu Ray stuff you can buy for less than a slip on pipe. Someone is getting taken for a ride. (pardon the pun)
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum