Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pair Removal made easy .

3 posters

Go down

Pair Removal made easy . Empty Pair Removal made easy .

Post  gus Wed 26 Oct 2011, 9:14 am

Scince this question keeps comming up, i thought i'd condense it all so its not all over the place .Nothing new but might save a lot of reading.
This is how i did it ,someone else might have a better way ,or you could buy the system of the net .Your choice .
Trace around the original pair system top onto 4mm alloy and make 2 of these .
Pair Removal made easy . IMG_3130

Smear the contact section with a gasket type goo . REMOVE THE 2 REED VALVES .Those strange looking square thing with the 4 screws in .
With the right size meatal threads screw the two new alloy plates into place.
Pair Removal made easy . IMG_3133

Scince you have removed the Solenoid ,the pipes and original pair top ,reed valves you will need a resistor to stop the Fi light comming on
I used a ----10 w 330ohm xo 5%---alloy cased resistor .You may have to order it $12-$15
Find somewhere to mount it
Pair Removal made easy . IMG_3131

Extend the two wire that went to the selonoid to the resistor .(in pic pair tops are removed for the pic )
Pair Removal made easy . IMG_3132

Put a bung in the hose that comes from the air box ,I cut the hose off near the airbox .
Finitow . Very Happy
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Pair Removal made easy . Empty cheap PAIR plug.

Post  glenby Sat 18 Aug 2012, 12:19 pm

since I I am trying to keep the semblance of warranty and compliance, I had a looksy in the airbox.
the hole from the inside is about 6mm. hmmm I says to myself.

a bit of an old power cord and 1 layer of heatshrink to make it a tight fit.
Test ride - yep. works fine but it is ugly and heatshrink doesnt grab like rubber - could also vibrate out. pale
So off down to hardware store, grabbed a cheap short occy rubber strap (the middle section is about 6mm and the ends are fatter).
introduce the stanley knife.
cut a section about 12mm out of the middle of the strap.
make a "T" piece by sectioning the middle of the "T" to about 6mm, top section any size up to about 15mm wide.
round shape the middle of the "T" to fit very tight.
push it in from the inside of the airbox. you now have a blocked pair hose that can be undone in a couple of minutes
and all the rest of the kit is there if you need it. the top of the "T" is for your pliers can grab it out if you need to.

Because the pair hose connection is tucked up under the front right of the air-box, it isnt seen by casual inspection and
doesnt interfere with airflow etc. No cut hoses or loose ones - no obvious modification. Smile
Ride testing - no warning lights, no over-run noises (and I tried hard on deceleration).

easy, simple and you could probaly do it cheaper than paying $5 for a strap. Anything rubber that fits would do.

glenby

Back to top Go down

Pair Removal made easy . Empty Re: Pair Removal made easy .

Post  Reardo Sat 18 Aug 2012, 4:25 pm

A lot of people use small bar/rode/bolt/dowel/rubber bung in the place of the joiner under the tank, with standard hose clamps.
So look standard. = Very Happy

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Pair Removal made easy . Empty Re: Pair Removal made easy .

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down