Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carby Kits where to get them etc.

3 posters

Go down

Carby Kits where to get them etc. Empty Carby Kits where to get them etc.

Post  thommo Sat 26 Feb 2011, 10:51 am

now that the roadtrain is pretty much done, time to focus on the next one, which i daresay will be the 600, afterall it does have over 200,000 on the clock..

it's a '96 GSF600S T model, and the carbs are 32mm Keihin CVK32.

means 3 parts of fuck all to me, apart from teh 32mm bit.

Apart from pulling them apart and cleaing them a few times over the years, nothing has been done to them that i'm aware of. As far as i know, they're still the original needles, jets etc when the bike rolled out the factory.

Might be time to give them a freshen up hey? considering the amount of work they've done.

SO, where would the best-is place for me to get bits? needles, jets, diaphrams etc.

I could probably pick up a complete set of carbs of fleabay for cheaper than a full kit, but at the end ofr the day, given the age of the fleabay carbs, they'd need tinkering with sooner or later.

Maybe a set of flatsides?

over the next 12mths i'll start compling bits and pieces for a engine rebuild, give the bores a hone, new pistons and rings, see if JE pistons have higher comp pistons, smooth out the ports a little just to take the casting imperfections, nothing major but. If i change the cams i'll more than likely keep the same profile, i like the way it zings. It may not have the top end zing of the modern 600's, but i keep them very fucking honest in the tight stuff.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end
thommo
thommo

Back to top Go down

Carby Kits where to get them etc. Empty Re: Carby Kits where to get them etc.

Post  1836 Mon 07 Mar 2011, 7:59 pm

I'm starting to look around for some parts for my carbs myself. I have a 2001 K1 600 that I have recently added a BMC air filter to. It now has a flat spot in the sub 4000(ish)rpm range and is very sluggish. Once it goes over the 4000rpm it's smooth, sounds great and is easy to ride. I have read on the UK sites that once a high flow airfilter is fit a 'stage 1' kit will be needed to allow more fuel in to allow for the increase in air. So with our dollar being so good at the moment.........and my mothr-in-law arriving from the UK in 3 weeks time (hence free freight) I have decided to order a 'stage 1' kit and see what happens. So with that in mind...........to answer your question, I think the UK sites, including eBay are the way to go for all you 600 Bandit carb issues. There just aren't enough of them here 600's here for some retailers to stock parts.

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls Tue 08 Mar 2011, 5:40 am

I'd highly recommend contacting Dale Walker at Holeshot. His stage 1 kit comes with a timing advancer, which will make a huge difference on its own.

After that many Ks your needle jets will definitely be ovalised and the needles may, or may not be stepped. Dale's the man.

rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down