Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chain Gang.

+3
Thof
Four40
gus
7 posters

Go down

Chain Gang. Empty Chain Gang.

Post  gus Sat 29 Jan 2011, 6:15 pm

A couple of years ago i wanted to change the gearing on a bike. I couldn't get the right amount of teeth on the back sprocket from
the bike shop so i ordered one from "The Chain Gang ".Lazer cut i think and black nice job.More expensive than the ones in the
plastic bags but not overpriced. Eventually the chain got a big tight spot but mileage was good. Being short of money i ordered a cheaper brand
chain kit(inc.Sprockets) even though the number of teeth wasnt exactly what i wanted.When i took the old gear off front sprocket looked
totally stuffed with teeth hooked over,chain loose like rope and lots of give but the Chain gang rear sprocket was like new.
I tried real hard to see any wear but there just wasnt any.So good i broke the golden rule an left it on.That was many kls ago and
all is well. He said it would go twice the distance and it has,money well spent.
When the Bandit c & sproc. finally go It will be Front and rear sprockets from "the Chain Gang "cost a bit more but pay for them selves.
He stopped advertising a while back because he couldn't compete with the stuff from China (being an oz product) but i have seen it starting to
reappear. Worth hunting out IMHO. Have the number here if anyone interested.

Anyone else used them.?
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Chain Gang. Empty Re: Chain Gang.

Post  Four40 Sat 29 Jan 2011, 9:36 pm

Never heard of them till now. Haven't owned a bike long enough to worry about new chains. I know the 650 had a few tight spots, but the rear cog still looked good and that was after 38000km. Hoping for similar or better from the Bandit.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 29 Jan 2011, 10:04 pm

They have been around for a long time .Anyone old enough to remember nylon rear sprockets ,solid black nylon ? About 30 yrs ago.
Ran really nice and quiet but heavy throttle ripped the teeth off.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Thof Sun 30 Jan 2011, 7:51 pm

Yes Gus, i do recall them, not a snow flakes hope in a pizza oven of use for mine and mates as we spent more time than not above half way on the tach, used nylon on our red motors though...
Thof
Thof

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Mon 31 Jan 2011, 9:42 am

Yeah I know of them, they made their name in the dirt bike scene. A couple of my mates used to use their gear on their XR600s. lasted really well.(The steel sprockets not nylon)
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 04 Feb 2011, 7:49 pm

I'm pretty sure they're out of business now. I remember reading something a year or more ago in a bike mag lamenting the demise of this quality company.
I had a nylon rear sprocket on an old DT250 many moons ago.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 04 Feb 2011, 8:58 pm

Still going Tel.No is 1800 806 857 www.chaingangchainsandsprockets.com.au
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveA1963 Sat 16 Jul 2011, 8:09 am

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago looking for chain n' sprockets for the KLR and they were incredibly helpful. Prices seemed reasonable for such a quality product.

2011 Bandit 1250SA
DaveA1963
DaveA1963

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Sat 16 Jul 2011, 9:00 am

Had a nylon back sprocket on my GSX1100ET, (so yes that would be 30 years ago), it was white and was really good, as you say quiet and easy on chains. Ran it for about 20,000 k's, including track days at Oran Park and Winton. Didn't wear out, but just started to loose teeth, seems like that's how they fail, no visible wear as such, they just start shedding teeth.

Would be happy to try one on the back of the Bandit tomorrow, but as I recall the GSX ran a monster 630 chain, maybe that's why I had a good experience!
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum