Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Techlusion TFI - Woo-Hoo!

+3
2010banditsa
danbandit
Dekenai
7 posters

Go down

Techlusion TFI - Woo-Hoo! Empty Techlusion TFI - Woo-Hoo!

Post  Dekenai Sun 16 Jan 2011, 3:04 pm

Signed up for the Canberra Riders track day on 20 March at Marulan, and have started to prepare my B1250. Just installed a TFI with the Holeshot stage 2 settings + O2 bypass + modified airbox lid. Just back from the test ride and it feels fantastic! Definitely more torque, almost totally removed the snatch and hesitation from the throttle (probably because with the K & N and can it was too lean), not sure about power as I have run it past 6 or 7 thousand rpm yet but it didn’t seem to be tailing off, (will probably still be limited by the secondaries). Have a set of Arrow headers on the way from Italy (about $600) and will probably install those next. Will also change to 3.5 wt fork oil and go back to the 18T front sprocket with a 45T (+2) rear so that I can move the axle forward and shorten the wheelbase. Then, finally, the secondary-ectomy. Definitely recommend the TFI though, plus the induction noise as you feed her the fat is spine tingling!
Will get some numbers next time Canberra Riders has a dyno day.

Last edited by Dekenai on Sun 16 Jan 2011, 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Techlusion TFI - Woo-Hoo! Empty Re: Techlusion TFI - Woo-Hoo!

Post  danbandit Sun 16 Jan 2011, 3:32 pm

I have done these mods including removing secondary's. I notice you are getting the Arrow headers this option sounds good because of the trouble getting Dale's headers here but if you don't buy his headers you don't get his settings which I'd guess would work just as well with the Arrow headers. How do you plan to tune your bike once the headers are fitted? If you work out a tune would you mind sharing it?
danbandit
danbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Sun 16 Jan 2011, 3:52 pm

I'm planning on getting a dyno-tune when I have the final configuration together, I'll let you know what the numbers end up being. Yeah, looked at getting the Holeshot headers but the shipping killed that. The arrow's are quite similar in design and assuming that they have done their homework, (and Arrow is a reputable and well known manufacturer) then I think they will work, but we will see what the dyno says.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Mon 17 Jan 2011, 8:37 pm

im guessing that for those of us with new bike warranty, removing the secondary butterflies is going to void future warranty claims? silly question perhaps, but not my first and im guessing that it wont be my last either!!
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Mon 17 Jan 2011, 9:03 pm

2010banditsa wrote:im guessing that for those of us with new bike warranty, removing the secondary butterflies is going to void future warranty claims? silly question perhaps, but not my first and im guessing that it wont be my last either!!

I agree, I'm not removing mine until the warranty is up. Even though a Suzuki warranty is worthless.

I have had two claims knocked back on the DR650.
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Mon 17 Jan 2011, 9:31 pm

2010banditsa wrote:im guessing that for those of us with new bike warranty, removing the secondary butterflies is going to void future warranty claims? silly question perhaps, but not my first and im guessing that it wont be my last either!!

You could work on chassis mod's till you run out and warranty and then have a platform ready to make best use of the improved power. That way you win all round, (assuming you haven't already sorted it.

Cheers
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 19 Jan 2011, 12:38 am

I don't know why you guys are worried about "Dale's settings" Buy a PC3 and do what ever you like. The fuel controller you are using from holeshot isn't that flash to be totally honest. That is unless you get the bike on the dyno.

When you get those arrow headers on you'll definitely like them. They are so well made and it makes the bike sound great.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  danbandit Wed 19 Jan 2011, 1:27 pm

I like to use Dales settings as I found they work very well and I don't have to pay for very expensive tuning at the local Dynojet tuning centre. I have had a run on the dyno to check air fuel ratio after fitting the TFI removing secondarys and so on, I got 128hp and 126NM and air fuel was good and it rides great. Sure beats paying $400 for a tune every time you make a new mod to your bike and need it retuned just ring Dale adjust 4 scews and your done with the TFI. The catch is following his path of mods and buying his products.
I am thinking about getting Dale to send me his Headers in two pieces so it can fit within the size restrictions of USPS, I know a few skilled welders here who can weld it up for me, then I can get Dales steeing and job done. I would like see power outcomes with Arrow headers though as I like the look of them and obviously they are much easier to post being in multiple sections.
danbandit
danbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Wed 19 Jan 2011, 5:42 pm

The TFI is a lower cost approach that, as we have seen does give good results. I would say that as it does not provide a lot of granularity in its modification of the standard fuel map and its use is probably limited to mildly modified engines. I think that a substantially modified engine (cams, pistons plus headwork) , i.e. one whose flow characteristics are a long way from stock would need something like a PCIII or V, or BAZAZ, or Healtech. Dale offers solutions which you can 'do this at home' and produce good results and for those looking for maximum bang for the buck are a pretty good value for money solution.

Just my 2 cents,

Cheers Peter
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  jaba01 Wed 19 Jan 2011, 10:55 pm

I'm still running my TFI on holeshots stage 1 tune as I couldn't be bothered removing the secondaries straight away.

I'm now looking at pulling the secondaries out & using the stage 2 settings.

Have you guys noticed much of a improvement pulling out the secondaries?
jaba01
jaba01

Back to top Go down

Post  danbandit Thu 20 Jan 2011, 1:38 pm

I noticed a dramatic difference combined with opening the airbox.
danbandit
danbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Thu 17 Feb 2011, 7:45 pm

Arrow headers bought on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390169287798&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3855wt_901) on 11 Jan arrived today!
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Thu 17 Feb 2011, 9:40 pm

Dekenai wrote:Arrow headers bought on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390169287798&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3855wt_901) on 11 Jan arrived today!
Photo diary of the pipes & installation. PLEASE cyclops

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Fri 18 Feb 2011, 5:55 am

OK Reardo, will comply!
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down