Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Touring Boots

+9
Thof
step_andy
reddog
holdenman
dhula
Ewok1958
gus
Re-Cycled
Pops
13 posters

Go down

Touring Boots Empty Touring Boots

Post  Pops Fri 14 Jan 2011, 10:10 pm

Never owned a pair of good touring boots before is there any brand preferences out there I should consider. Currently wearing the old army Gp's which are like an old friend but with ties. I have tried a couple of styles in stores but have found they can be comfortable standing still but when it comes to having to walk in them they feel high in the heel.
Has anyone found a comfortable all round riding/walking boot. I realise boots are a personal thing but there may be a brand that seems to suit more folk than another.

Thanks

Pops

Red 2015 GSF 1250S
Pops
Pops

Back to top Go down

Touring Boots Empty Re: Touring Boots

Post  Re-Cycled Fri 14 Jan 2011, 10:15 pm

My Brother who's had more bikes than I've had hot breakfasts, swears by his Rossi Boots,

http://www.rossiboots.com.au/catalogue/catalogue_details.asp?prodID=110

They look good too.

Touring Boots 110_detail_811D

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Pops Fri 14 Jan 2011, 10:27 pm

Thanks Peter, they look the goods & will give them a try.

Pops

Red 2015 GSF 1250S
Pops
Pops

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 14 Jan 2011, 10:35 pm

The trouble i have with boots is waterproof ones get to0 hot.Non waterproof ,well, not waterproof.Hence have two pairs

Dririder nordic waterproof and an old pair summer Alpine Stars.Always used to get " Rossi "brand when i lived in Vic. excellent all
round boot you could walk in all day.Not sold everywhere these days ,but i believe made in Melbourne ? Priced about $220 i think
In my opinion well worth a look.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 14 Jan 2011, 10:37 pm

Thats a sale then . Razz
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 14 Jan 2011, 11:25 pm

Gus, you didn't say what you didn't like about the GPs. I reckon they beat my AlpineStars hands down for comfort.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Sat 15 Jan 2011, 1:23 am

I recon the toe on the GP (talking the Terras) is a little too big for riding, kinda like wearing steel capped boots IMO. The tread (if it's not worn to all buggery) can be a little too aggressive and blocky which causes the boot to get stuck on the pegs sometimes to I recon.
They do offer a bit of support for the ankle tho but on the flip side I've seen a few of em fall to bits during an off when they are needed the most.
The lace is a pain to I recon, I found it could get stuck on some things or things could hook under the lace.

I've got a pair of boots that I found in a bike shop. The logo on the side of the boot is moto-sport but I've never been able to find anything about them (haven't looked that hard to be honest). I recon I just jagged it as they are cumfy to ride in, cumfy to walk in and are waterproofish. Probably wouldn't want to spend all day on my feet in them tho. They have lasted for almost 3 years so far and only needed a resole up till now (guess that says how far I walk in them) I keep thinking I should get myself something with a bit more protection but haven't got around to it yet.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Sat 15 Jan 2011, 4:21 pm

I Use Starider touring boots

Had them for 6 months now and done a lot of walking and riding in them and would recommend them to anyone

www.starider.com.au

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sat 15 Jan 2011, 4:31 pm

A mate swears by Rossi's too. I wear Sidi (GP look alikes that were expensive). They are okay, but my fat big toe gets tingly sometimes and they aren't real comfortable walking in.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  step_andy Sat 15 Jan 2011, 8:55 pm

I have several pairs
One of them is Joe Rocket Meteor
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/boots/waterproof_sport_street_touring_boots/joe_rocket/meteor_motorcycle_boots.html

Not bad, comfy to walk but velcro on the side is crap.

I also have Icon Tarmac ventilated
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/boots/sport_street_touring_boots/icon/tarmac_ventilated_motorcycle_boots.html
Also, comfy to walk, almost like running shoe, but the velcro strap is crap, crap, crap.

Recently bought Forma Voyage. Feels OK, but could be a bit more solid. It is almost a cross between touring and a sports boot in terms of a feel
http://www.formaboots.com/site/scheda_prodotto.php?categoria=touring&id=135

step_andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Thof Sat 15 Jan 2011, 8:59 pm

I spent many many years in Rossi boots and was very happy with them. Waxing and waterproofing when I used to be out in all manner of weather and they were still comfy. My two only gripes when I "use to" ride in the inclement weather was wet, cold toes and plums...riding then was not enjoyable.
Thof
Thof

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Sat 15 Jan 2011, 9:49 pm

ive got the rossi boots, theyre great especially if you have to walk anywhere, the airsoles are very comfy.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Sat 15 Jan 2011, 9:58 pm

I've got a pair of Sidi's that I got for my birthday last year. Seem comfy enough for both riding and walking although I havent really worn them a whole lot. Most of my riding in the last 6 months has just been to and from work Crying or Very sad and I'm wearing my work boots then.
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  Pops Sun 16 Jan 2011, 1:22 pm

Thanks guys for all the feedback, have put the Rossi Vision 811's at the top of the to try list at this stage & have emailed Rossi for their retail outlets here in Perth.
Thought of buying off the net but decided I should try them on 1st just in case.
I will post the price when I find out just in case anyone else is interested.

Pops

Red 2015 GSF 1250S
Pops
Pops

Back to top Go down

Post  Pops Mon 17 Jan 2011, 7:35 pm

Lashed out today & brought the boots, happy as with my new Rossi's also had approval from the 'boss' to include a pair of 'Draggin' jeans, but just hope I won't be needing the added protection they offer anytime soon.

Thanks to those who provided advice it really helped to narrow the search, so far the boots are comfortable from the get-go.

Pops

Red 2015 GSF 1250S
Pops
Pops

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Tue 18 Jan 2011, 12:19 pm

I use DriRider 3 element boots all year round and find they're fine. Although my feet do get cold in winter, but I think that's more me than the boot.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Rabid_Canine Sun 27 Mar 2011, 8:40 pm

gus wrote:The trouble i have with boots is waterproof ones get to0 hot.Non waterproof ,well, not waterproof.Hence have two pairs

Dririder nordic waterproof and an old pair summer Alpine Stars.Always used to get " Rossi "brand when i lived in Vic. excellent all
round boot you could walk in all day.Not sold everywhere these days ,but i believe made in Melbourne ? Priced about $220 i think
In my opinion well worth a look.

Rossi's are made in Adelaide and I have some that are 30 years old and still good.
I have a recent pair of touring boots and they are very comfortable.
Tried DriRider Nordic and IMHO are a piece of crap. Mine lasted 13 months (just out of warranty) and the zip went and the leather upper wore out - so I went back to Rossis.

Rabid_Canine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum