Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Led Driving lights.

+17
Hammy
paul
rolls
holdenman
DaveA1963
2wheelsagain
reddog
kewwig
Ironman
Someone
Reardo
Ewok1958
Baz
Androo120
whitey1
Four40
Saikhan
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Led Driving lights. - Page 2 Empty Led Driving lights.

Post  Saikhan Sun 05 Dec 2010, 1:11 am

First topic message reminder :

Put these on and went for a run tonight. I'm very happy with them. I like riding at night ( used to do a lot of night riding ), however the Bandit headlight isn't really that good.

Led Driving lights. - Page 2 Drivin10

Led Driving lights. - Page 2 Drivin11

Led Driving lights. - Page 2 Drivin12
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Led Driving lights. - Page 2 Empty Re: Led Driving lights.

Post  rolls Mon 08 Oct 2012, 4:39 pm

Led Driving lights. - Page 2 Ledfro10

Led Driving lights. - Page 2 Closeu10

Brackets are made from 2mm steel plate.
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 08 Oct 2012, 5:39 pm

Can you make em flash Red and Blue ? Smile That would be cool.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Mon 08 Oct 2012, 7:25 pm

Hammy wrote:Can you make em flash Red and Blue ? Smile That would be cool.
lol!
for a short while anyway

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Wed 10 Oct 2012, 8:04 pm

Wow Rolls, amazing difference. What brand are they, link please? Can you just wire them into a standard Bandit battery/ wiring? Thanks.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls Thu 11 Oct 2012, 9:31 am

I bought the lights from a guy on ebay, same fella as Holdenman's lights. He lives in Canberra so I picked them up and got a discount for cash. I bought the handlebar switch with a few other bits (12v power socket, usb phone charger, 30amp relay) from another ebay shop in China.
ebay lights

ebay electrics

I think most states will demand a separate switch for driving lights connected to the high beam. Just use a scotchlock joiner or similar to splice into the high beam wire to trigger a relay to supply power to the spotlights via a wire directly from the battery. Clear as mud? I'll try to find a diagram.
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 11 Oct 2012, 10:44 am

Thanks Rolls - I'll be in for a set as well. I was going to get them from the USA but I'll go local.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Thu 11 Oct 2012, 1:51 pm

cheers Rolls, appreciate it.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls Fri 12 Oct 2012, 8:18 am

I found a couple of wiring diagrams. There are hundreds on the net, ranging from simple to way over the top.

Led Driving lights. - Page 2 Drawin10

Led Driving lights. - Page 2 Spotwi10
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Fri 12 Oct 2012, 2:56 pm

rolls wrote:Led Driving lights. - Page 2 Ledfro10

Led Driving lights. - Page 2 Closeu10

Brackets are made from 2mm steel plate.

Hey Rolls.. are they Dale Walker headers in ceramic coat?...if so..opinion????
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls Fri 12 Oct 2012, 6:40 pm

mtbeerwah wrote:Hey Rolls.. are they Dale Walker headers in ceramic coat?...if so..opinion????

Yep that's them. Holeshot stepped header and powdercoated "comp" muffler. When I put the exhaust on last year I also put in a stage 2 jet kit and a used GSXR750 intake cam, and PAIR removal kit, so I can't really give a before and after for just bolting on the headers. It went really well after 6500rpm, but was a real bitch to tune for low/midrange. Got the tune nearly there and then decided to remove the airbox altogether and put in pods. Transformed the bike's power totally.

I have just done some more work to the bike (1mm milled head, brand new GSXR intake cam & slotteed sprockets set@ In104/Ex107, K&N oval filters), and with a quick rejet (155 mains, needle notch 2nd from bottom, mixture 4.25 turns out, ~520m above sea level) and it runs like a Kenworth with six spare engines Twisted Evil. More top end than before, but the bottom end is seriously strong and very smooth all the way through.

So, yes I'd have to say that the headers do what they say and give plenty of low down grunt with a big hit for the top end, without a midrange flat spot (at least with pod filters).

Tony.
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Fri 12 Oct 2012, 7:23 pm

you sent me a mess a little while ago,that you were in the process of that..good to hear it all worked out for you..degreeing the cams would have made a huge diff with the mid range.

i wish he made them in stainless,i hit him up to make me a pair,but wouldn`t do it.

anyway wont steal your light post with this.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls Tue 30 Oct 2012, 7:46 am

I had my first real test of them last Saturday night riding back to Queanbeyan from Nelligen, about 130km. I can't describe it any other way than riding behind a huge ball of daylight. The ones I bought have a 40deg spread and there's no "hot spot", in fact when I put them on I thought I'd just point them to the front and adjust them on the first ride I have with them. No need. The tops of the Poplars looked as bright as the road in front.

The bad: The moon was up and when I put on low beam only, the cat's eyes in the road lit up for about 35m and the colour of the road was a dull grey-orange, other than that the luminance looked to be the same as the moon lit paddocks all around. On high beam the cat's eyes could be seen out to about 75m. Going from all lights down to just the low beam was scary as there was a half second or so for my eyes to adjust. When I knew there was a car coming I switched off just the LEDs, but the isolator switch for them is on the bars down near the clamp, so I have to take my hand off each time I need to turn them on/off. The light reflecting back off road signs seemed like it was drilling into my head, and as the bugs started to add up on the visor the signs weren't just annoyingly bright but the diffused light from the visor made seeing the rest of the road a real strain.

A couple of things to sort out, mainly isolator switch position. Very happy.
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Led Driving lights. - Page 2 Empty Cree T6

Post  Rustic Wed 31 Oct 2012, 8:29 pm

I know this is about Stock lights but can't find the other thread about LEDs etc.

Take a look at this ebay page. Very awesome pictures in the description and some diagrams videos and other kit.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-3000LM-30W-Waterproof-Cree-T6-LED-Driving-Fog-Spot-Flood-Light-Lamp-Off-Road-/181009082215?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a24fb6767&_uhb=1#ht_32879wt_1105

The More People I Meet
The More I like My Dog
Rustic
Rustic

https://s1165.photobucket.com/profile/Rustic101/index

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Wed 07 Nov 2012, 2:15 pm

hey rolls,if your reading this..

I bought some of these lights to go to Phillip Island. The light out put is very good, but...the bracket supplied needs some serious engineering changes.

First thing I noticed when delivered,was how thin the bracket is,and that he had put a spare in with the kit,that lead me to believe,they`re going to crack,and after returning from the Island,thats exactly what happened.

I have spoken to him,and let him know my thoughts on this,as they should be thicker. At least 1.6mm,not the 1mm as they are.

I`ll be making my own to fix the problem,as it is problem. 6000kms and they were stuffed.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls Wed 07 Nov 2012, 2:25 pm

"I`ll be making my own" - My thoughts exactly when I seen the brackets supplied. The brackets were the "new, modified" version with flutes stamped into them for extra structural integrity, but still very thin.

If you take the lights apart you can see there is a fair bit of room inside to drill holes into the body and put some 4mm bolts in there.

I used 2mm steel, with an intentional twist in the design to give a bit of rigidity.
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Wed 07 Nov 2012, 3:04 pm

the flutes do NOTHING for the design,and is a bit of a laugh really.

I`ve got 1.6mm stainless at work,so i`ll tig something up.

I also found the threaded and vented mount ring at the back of the light,was constantly loosening as well,so needs a lock on it.

Bit of a shame for that side of it,but they do pack a punch as far as lighting goes.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2