Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Ear Plugs

4 posters

Go down

Custom Ear Plugs Empty Custom Ear Plugs

Post  1952 Tue 30 Nov 2010, 5:58 pm

I seem to have a hit and miss experience with disposable ear plugs and wonder if anyone has had some proper custom plugs made by an audiologist - I have a hearing loss I don't want to make worse. If you have - what did they cost and were they worth it?
I also see the ad for Radian DIY Custom Moulded Earplugs at $39.95. Anyone here tried them?
Unexpectedly riding to Melbourne from Adelaide for Christmas and would like to do the right thing - but money is an issue [as always! Crying or Very sad ]

Back to top Go down

Custom Ear Plugs Empty Re: Custom Ear Plugs

Post  Cameron Tue 30 Nov 2010, 6:33 pm

I got some made up a couple of years ago. i never really used them much. but over the last 6 months i got into them again. and now wont ride without them. they are briliant. Maybe a little hard of the ears if you are constantly taking your helmet on and off. but for a weekend ride, they work real well. i think they set me back about $70. I had them done by the guy that goes to the motorcycle show and has a stand there.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  boomer Tue 30 Nov 2010, 6:36 pm

I had Earmold plugs made at the show 12 months ago, & won't ride without them.
They weren't cheap as I purchased them with the headphones built in, but I can get off either bike & not have my ears ringing as they do otherwise.

FarRider #412

Custom Ear Plugs Yoshi2
boomer
boomer

http://www.scottspics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  1952 Wed 01 Dec 2010, 11:46 pm

Thanks for the responses - my wife may just allow me to try the Radian DIY kit - I think custom ear plugs are the way to go. If I get the kit I will do a review here. I am looking at AdventureMoto.com.au 's ad in the latest Cycle Torque magazine - anybody purchased from them?

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Thu 02 Dec 2010, 12:05 am

I got fitted ear plugs made up for me while i was in the A team. have no idea how much it cost and it was thru an audiologist so not really a company i guess.

worked bloody wonders and so much more cumfy than ear plugs etc.

don't have them any more as i lost them in one of my moves but am seriously considering getting a set of DIY and giving it a go for the whole family.

one thing i did was to get 2 different colours so there is no way you can confuse which ear which plug goes in. as i wear contacts i used the same colour system for my ear plugs
Blue = Left (cause the word blue has the letter L in it)
Green = right (you guessed it, cause the word green has the letter R in it)

I spose you could always you red and Green for port and starboard if you are that way inclined.

Here is a link to another DIY place I found on the net.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum