Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covid-19, has it affected you?

+5
barry_mcki
Chook
gus
paul
Ewok1958
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Covid-19, has it affected you?  Empty Covid-19, has it affected you?

Post  Chook Tue 17 Mar 2020, 6:10 am

For me it went from a struggle to find loo paper, to empty shelves of basic food and hygiene products in about a week or so.

Then Sunday I went to go to my local Aldi about an hour after opening time, at least 100 waiting to get in the door as the store was packed to the brim.
F*** that, off to Coles where I couldn't get near a real checkout and waited 10 deep at the self serve.

Prices of a lot of basics have gone through the roof, I suspect it will only get worse

My son works in a 4 floor CBD night club, one floor alone holds over 500, they aren't sure what they are going to do ATM, what ever it is, is likely to impact his income

Yesterday I returned to work after 4 days off to find out someone from the next office was sent home and for testing Friday, we hadn't heard the results by the time I knocked off at 3:00 pm, that person allegedly returned from SE Asia about 2 weeks prior

Now my favourite winter past time (watching my SANFL club) has been postponed from early April to May

I'm not sure I understand the 500 person max in that case, surely 1000 people spread around an oval is safer that 100 inside a cinema?

Planning Tassie for November, not game to book anything yet, bloody frustrating to say the least.

Oh well, I guess life goes on in a ever changing world, I'm way better off than a lot of others, hope you're not taking to much of a hit ATM
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Covid-19, has it affected you?  Empty Re: Covid-19, has it affected you?

Post  paul Tue 17 Mar 2020, 11:51 am

My 2 sisters had a cruise to Fiji cancelled , and my daughter had the same happen with a trip to Bali ................personally there have only been a couple of minor inconveniences but nothing I can't live with .  The main thing is  because I have a compromised immune system ,I suppose I had better be more cautious about the environment around me. I am glad I don't have to go to work anymore , and can suit myself with my movements to a degree . Hopefully it doesn't go on too long , and businesses can manage to survive .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  rodent4 Tue 17 Mar 2020, 5:46 pm

Whatever you do don't look at your Super, mines dropped around $55k in the last 3 weeks.

Yeah it'll bounce back......but how quick?
rodent4
rodent4

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Tue 17 Mar 2020, 7:37 pm

rodent4 wrote:Whatever you do don't look at your Super, mines dropped around $55k in the last 3 weeks.

Yeah it'll bounce back......but how quick?
Not looking but hoping mine isn't that badly effected, I'm in one of the best performing funds in Australia (Super SA, state government super)
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Tue 17 Mar 2020, 10:38 pm

Been to two different supermarkets this past week down here in Tassie, no line ups, no empty shelves, everyone acting normally, still four Stikeez short in getting the set though. 

Think I'll just switch off the TV as this panic buying all seems like a media beat-up that's aimed at doing nothing but bolster their ratings.

Covid-19, has it affected you?  Keep-calm-and-go-ride-a-motorcycle

Covid-19, has it affected you?  Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Wed 18 Mar 2020, 9:17 am

I tend to think the panic buying started from "new Australians" with ties back to countries that have been hit a lot harder than us, from there other members of the public struggled to get what they wanted, when they wanted, then the flow on effect started
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Wed 18 Mar 2020, 10:33 am

I live 10 minute walk from Adelaide Airport

We've been baby sitting my sister in law's car and dog (brother of 1 of ours)

She was hysterical arranging collection etc and having the knowledge that she now has to self isolate for 2 weeks, typical woman (from that family Sad , she's the only one effected by this etc etc etc )

Last night arranging her collecting her car and dog, I offered to drive over, collect her bag and meet her at my place with everything of hers from home packed and ready to go, apparently I'm a bastard and over reacting. I nearly said that 10 minute walk will be longer with the suit case Laughing

She wasn't laughing, feels she's being treated as a leper and the rest of us should get over it and let everyone else live how they wish  Shocked

Seriously though, the panic buying is bullshit and needs to be stopped some how or another, but the social isolation I think is a reasonable as a precaution, talking to someone from within a health organisation, they believe it should go further and should have happened in early January, they're concerned we've missed the boat on a real shot at containment/prevention.

Italian workmate and English Yoga (I'm serious Wink
instructor have been letting us know what family members over there are going through atm, I think we've been let off lightly so far.
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 18 Mar 2020, 11:14 am

You would hope the panic buying will reach some type of saturation point at some stage . Unfortunately , I think like the common cold , flu etc , this virus is here to stay , and  will only be managed with vaccines as is the normal flu we are familiar with .Lets hope a superbug isn't next on our horizon , as most of our antibiotics will be next to useless to fight it .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Wed 18 Mar 2020, 9:09 pm

My son had a call from his work cancelling his day shift for tomorrow and his Friday and Saturday night shifts. He was then told we are not dismissing anyone but there will be no shifts available until further notice, if you want a separation certificate we will gladly provide that and be assured that you do have a position at D******* when the restrictions are lifted.
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Thu 19 Mar 2020, 11:56 pm

Murphy strikes again..................toilet paper like hens teeth , and a bad dose of gastro strikes Rolling Eyes . If I start to feel guilty , or supplies run low, I'll just get the missus to hose me down . Evil or Very Mad

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Fri 20 Mar 2020, 3:55 am

paul wrote:Murphy strikes again..................toilet paper like hens teeth , and a bad dose of gastro strikes Rolling Eyes . If I start to feel guilty , or supplies run low, I'll just get the missus to hose me down . Evil or Very Mad

Or squat over a garden sprinkler.

Not one of my best ideas with winter approaching unless the sprinkler can be connected to warm water  Shocked Shocked

As for the toilet paper shortage, you won't need as much if you can't buy huge quantities of food.

If using the sprinkler option you will also save on your water consumption.

We are told we are a nation of obese folks. Once we all shed a few kilos there won't be as much business for Jenny Craig / Weight Watchers.

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Fri 20 Mar 2020, 10:22 am

paul wrote:Murphy strikes again..................toilet paper like hens teeth , and a bad dose of gastro strikes Rolling Eyes . If I start to feel guilty , or supplies run low, I'll just get the missus to hose me down . Evil or Very Mad
Plenty at my Coles this morning, even at 8:00 once I was allowed in after the oldies like you had stripped the shelves Wink
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Fri 20 Mar 2020, 10:47 am

I seem to be the only one I know to cop this , and the only places I have been is the dog food place , the ( empty ) bank , and the supermarket . It wouldn't surprise me if some people who would normally stay home with gastro are still going out to buy stuff in case they miss out ........................or maybe the supermarkets  have found a way to slow down shoppers stripping their shelves . Shocked

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Fri 20 Mar 2020, 12:05 pm

I was just looking at the Woolworths web site re home delivery.

I reckon this is an excellent idea to avoid hoarding as well as minimising person to person contact.

WELL the obvious issue for some people is the delivery fees.

First delivery is free if you purchase $100 of goods excluding grog and ciggies.

Subsequent deliveries are same as above but with a $300 minimum spend.

Probably a little challenging for some people.

Should ring up Scotty and tell him to give Woolies and Coles a serve  Rolling Eyes

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Post  GSX1100G Fri 20 Mar 2020, 2:16 pm

Covid-19, has it affected you?  Screen13

Glenno likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Sun 22 Mar 2020, 1:50 pm

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 22 Mar 2020, 4:04 pm

It says an error occurred try again later , and if I try to open it with the url , is says it is a private video .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Sun 22 Mar 2020, 5:23 pm

paul wrote:It says an error occurred try again later , and if I try to open it with the url , is says it is a private video .
Sorry Paul,
I changed a setting on YouTube, let me know if that has fixed it.
You should know that all of my fine work comes with a 3/3 warranty, that's 3 minutes or 3 rotations of a cane toad's tail

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sun 22 Mar 2020, 6:26 pm

Fixed now

cheers
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 22 Mar 2020, 6:28 pm

BanditDave wrote:
paul wrote:It says an error occurred try again later , and if I try to open it with the url , is says it is a private video .
Sorry Paul,
You should know that all of my fine work comes with a 3/3 warranty, that's 3 minutes or 3 rotations of a cane toad's tail
Nope ...........your link still says an error has occurred still . I copied and pasted  the id code on the error message into google , and it took me to the video of them standing at the bus stop & the woman sneezing .You might find you will twist that cane toads tail off if you're not careful  Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 22 Mar 2020, 6:33 pm

paul wrote:
BanditDave wrote:
Sorry Paul,
Nope ...........your link still says an error has occurred still . I copied and pasted  the id code on the error message into google , and it took me to the video of them standing at the bus stop & the woman sneezing .You might find you will twist that cane toads tail off if you're not careful  Laughing
I just discovered if I click on the video number and not the red play button in the middle , it works ............. Shocked

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Sun 22 Mar 2020, 7:20 pm

I learn't something new today after discussing the problem with Barry so it was a worthwhile day.
For anybody interested, you log in to YouTube and upload a movie to it. The mistake I made was you need to change the movie from "private" to "public"| and all is well.

I just read on the news that there has been an upsurge in book borrowing from public libraries. Let's hope they are being borrowed as reading material and not as an alternative to toilet paper  Shocked. I guess most books, not being as glossy as Women's Weekly is a plus and there is no risk from the staples.

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 22 Mar 2020, 7:36 pm

BanditDave wrote:
I just read on the news that there has been an upsurge in book borrowing from public libraries. Let's hope they are being borrowed as reading material and not as an alternative to toilet paper  Shocked. I guess most books, not being as glossy as Women's Weekly is a plus and there is no risk from the staples.
I might suggest  to my wife that we could use her books , she is a prolific reader and has quite a collection .............and another plus is that we wouldn't have to pay the late fee to the library  cheers .I'll see how I go  pale .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sun 22 Mar 2020, 8:53 pm

paul wrote:
BanditDave wrote:
I might suggest  to my wife that we could use her books , she is a prolific reader and has quite a collection .............and another plus is that we wouldn't have to pay the late fee to the library  cheers .I'll see how I go  pale .
The preview to the you tube clip is sitting on the post for me to see
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 22 Mar 2020, 9:12 pm

Chook wrote:
paul wrote:
BanditDave wrote:
The preview to the you tube clip is sitting on the post for me to see
Same here , but to watch it I have to hold my pointer over the video number and click.If I hold it over the play button in the middle of the picture ( like other you-tube links ) , or just on the picture and click , it returns an error message . If I copy /paste the number ( ID code ) on the error message into google search , it also takes me to the video .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next