Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holeshot Supertune Pro stage 2

5 posters

Go down

Holeshot Supertune Pro stage 2 Empty Holeshot Supertune Pro stage 2

Post  Cheazdad Sat 01 Sep 2018, 9:42 pm

Well I've invested in Dale Walkers Supertune Pro with the stage 2 tune, Delkovic slip on with the airbox mod with a K & N and secondary butterfly's removed and I'll say this, it's a much more responsive bike now, no flat spots or hesitations with a linear throttle response through the whole range and I'd highly recommend it.  I installed it, and had the local bike shop here in Melbourne remove the secondary's for me and did a throttle body sync at the same time so for 2 hours labour it was worth it.

The bike now just pulls, and while I looked at other options such as Powercommander V and an ECU flash both those options came with the added expense of a Dyno (about $1,000 and that's without secondaries pulled or throttle body sync) while the Holeshot device was $520 shipped and very very easy to install (taking the tank off took longer !).  If your thinking of going that way, feel free to msg me and I'm happy to chat about it.

I do love my bike Smile

Cheazdad

Back to top Go down

Holeshot Supertune Pro stage 2 Empty Re: Holeshot Supertune Pro stage 2

Post  GSX1100dreamn Thu 22 Aug 2019, 7:53 pm

Hi Cheazdad,

Iam looking at the supertune stage 2 for my bandit/kat EFI conversion. 

Does it also have the ability for further tune adjustment from the Dales' preset tune via the +- buttons on the controller.

Just looking at options for a little fine tuning for my kat engine.

Cheers Andrew.

GSX1100dreamn

Back to top Go down

Post  Dwes8011 Sat 28 Mar 2020, 11:06 pm

Hey Andrew,

I have the Dale walker super tune Stage 2 loaded on it for sale. I ended up putting new cams in and a few other bits so had the ecu remapped.

Let me know if your interested

Thanks
Danny

Dwes8011

Back to top Go down

Post  GSX1100dreamn Wed 16 Sep 2020, 12:41 am

Hi Danny,
Sorry for the late response I dont get here that often.
Do you still have it for sale I am still tossing up between this unit and PCV.
Your Supertune is it for a 07 1250 Bandit (my donor bike year),
You have the Holeshot stage 2 unit and do you have the o2 eliminator as well.
Can you post pictures of what you have.
Cheers Andrew.

GSX1100dreamn

Back to top Go down

Post  Joflewbyu2 Mon 06 Sep 2021, 1:29 am

GSX1100dreamn wrote:Hi Cheazdad,

Iam looking at the supertune stage 2 for my bandit/kat EFI conversion. 

Does it also have the ability for further tune adjustment from the Dales' preset tune via the +- buttons on the controller.

Just looking at options for a little fine tuning for my kat engine.

Cheers Andrew.
Yes. You can add or subtract fuel from cruise, acceleration and full throttle loads. You can also change the switch points from cruise to stock, stock to accelerating and accelerating to full throttle. Very pleased with mine and tweaked just a tad from Dale’s settings.

Joflewbyu2

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatbix Fri 22 Oct 2021, 12:33 pm

Ordered mine yesterday, along with a fork brace, PAIR removal kit and the Holeshot muffler bracket. 

Dale and his partner are still  juggling treatment for their health issues so are a bit under the pump with email and things, I found the best way to get in touch was to phone first, then continue things via email, Dale is pretty responsive once you’re on his radar and not getting buried in the inbox, haha. 

Won’t get my gear fitted for a while as I’ll Ben in the USA over Christmas (getting it shipped there and bringing it home with me to save on freight).
Meatbix
Meatbix

Back to top Go down

Post  Joflewbyu2 Sat 23 Oct 2021, 4:10 pm

Meatbix wrote:Ordered mine yesterday, along with a fork brace, PAIR removal kit and the Holeshot muffler bracket. 

Dale and his partner are still  juggling treatment for their health issues so are a bit under the pump with email and things, I found the best way to get in touch was to phone first, then continue things via email, Dale is pretty responsive once you’re on his radar and not getting buried in the inbox, haha. 

Won’t get my gear fitted for a while as I’ll Ben in the USA over Christmas (getting it shipped there and bringing it home with me to save on freight).
What about a header? Well worth it and adds power above 7k rpms.

Joflewbyu2

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatbix Sat 23 Oct 2021, 5:39 pm

Joflewbyu2 wrote:
Meatbix wrote:Ordered mine yesterday, along with a fork brace, PAIR removal kit and the Holeshot muffler bracket. 

I’ll be adding a header (most likely an Arrow) as well, but no need to order that from Dale. I don’t think he does his own any more and recommends the arrow stuff. Same deal with the K&N filter, easy to get here. Still deciding on my final muffler choice too, I’ve already got an Ixil but will eventually swap it for something else, either Arrow or maybe Leovince.
Meatbix
Meatbix

Back to top Go down

Post  Joflewbyu2 Sun 24 Oct 2021, 8:54 pm

Meatbix wrote:
Joflewbyu2 wrote:

I’ll be adding a header (most likely an Arrow) as well, but no need to order that from Dale. I don’t think he does his own any more and recommends the arrow stuff. Same deal with the K&N filter, easy to get here. Still deciding on my final muffler choice too, I’ve already got an Ixil but will eventually swap it for something else, either Arrow or maybe Leovince.
Dale’s muffler bracket holds a 4” / 100mm diameter muffler. He recommends a 2” core with a header or a 1 3/4” core with stock down pipe. His mufflers are good and light weight. I tried his 17” comp 2 with a 2” core and a 14” comp 2. Wound up with a BlackWidow 360mm (14”) GP round stainless silencer to match my BlackWidow race header. Very happy with the fit and finish as well as the quality. I tried the stainless silencer insert and it does bring down the noise level substantially at lower rpms. I prefer it without though for being heard for safety. His bracket is also superb as it is very heavy duty stainless steel as others are usually flimsy. I removed my centerstand and wanted a clean look so I went with Dale’s stainless midpipe too. This deletes the added welded stop for the centerstand. Dale makes a kit that adds a bumper to the centerstand that allows it to rests against the dogbone of the suspension. Might as well get the items from Dale for convenience as he is reasonably priced. BTW, BlackWidow is a Arrow header design copy with cleaner and less weld connections. Hence the reason I went with them and being ~ half the Arrow cost helped too.

Joflewbyu2

Meatbix likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Meatbix Mon 25 Oct 2021, 12:34 am

Cheers mate that’s really helpful, the bit about Black Widow headers being an Arrow copy is particularly interesting as they’re certainly cheaper. Was eyeing off a LeoVince GP style muffler for it which has a 54mm core which is pretty close to 2”, so that should work out.
Meatbix
Meatbix

Back to top Go down

Post  Joflewbyu2 Mon 25 Oct 2021, 12:47 am

Meatbix wrote:Cheers mate that’s really helpful, the bit about Black Widow headers being an Arrow copy is particularly interesting as they’re certainly cheaper. Was eyeing off a LeoVince GP style muffler for it which has a 54mm core which is pretty close to  2”, so that should work out.
I don’t think that would work with Dale’s 4” muffler bracket. I personally would match the header company to the muffler company as I am very particular and want the welds to match visually. The other option is Delkevic 4 into 1 header and their muffler. The 4 into 1 design gives up midrange torque for upper rpm power over equal length runner header of same internal size. The Delkevic header is smaller internally than the Arrow and BlackWidow but larger than the stock which look large but are double walled which give its’ allusion. Order Dale’s midpipe and muffler or go on BlackWidow website and order theirs directly. 

https://www.blackwidowexhausts.co.uk/

Joflewbyu2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down