Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visor Storage?

5 posters

Go down

Visor Storage? Empty Visor Storage?

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 20 Sep 2009, 5:33 pm

Although I've been a long time wearer of sunglasses under the helmet (polarising works for me) I bought a dark visor during last summer and can see the benefits of not wearing sunnies all the time.

Today I swapped the clear for dark again today as I'm riding both ends of the day in daylight now but I think keeping the "rested" visor in a plastic bag is probably not the best thing to do.

So the question is what do you guys do with the visor you're not currently using? How do you store it?

My visors will be swapped depending on the riding I'm doing as I still prefer the polarising sunnies if I'm "busy" on the bike but for lazy touring the dark visor is ok.
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Visor Storage? Empty Re: Visor Storage?

Post  Cameron Sun 20 Sep 2009, 8:19 pm

I just have two helmets. One with a dark visor, one with a clear one.
So if i am commuting, just wear the sunnies in the morning.
Cameron
Cameron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Visor Storage? Empty visor

Post  chrisbandit Sun 20 Sep 2009, 8:27 pm

I normally wear sunnies too, i do find them a bit uncomfortable but you can just take them off when required. I scratched my clear lens and decided to purchase a smoked lens, so far i have not had a problem when cloudy, but i wouldn't want to get caught at night with it on. I guess if you think you might be out at night, maybe chuck the clear lens in your back pack or ventura bag, rapped up in cheesecloth rag or similiar.
chrisbandit
chrisbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruisecontrol Sun 20 Sep 2009, 8:35 pm

I buy a tinted visor the same day I buy a new helmet. I fit the tinted visor and never take it off.
If you can't ride at night with a tinted visor on then you need better headlights...

Cruisecontrol

Back to top Go down

Post  1836 Sun 20 Sep 2009, 10:54 pm

A couple of my mates in the UK used a visor carrier that straps to your arm. Just put the 'rested' visor in the arm band and away you go. I use either a tank bag or tail pack. Check out the link below for an idea.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BIKE-IT-VISOR-WAIST-POUCH-BAG-CARRIER-BLUE-BIKE-IT_W0QQitemZ310112315313QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item48342267b1&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 21 Sep 2009, 9:24 am

Thanks guys.
Laughing at cruisecontrol.
Second lid is in the mix. Might ask Santa Smile
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down