Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Started a new Youtube channel

5 posters

Go down

Started a new Youtube channel Empty Started a new Youtube channel

Post  GSXChris Fri 14 Jul 2017, 12:06 am

Hi guys, thought I'd share a new Youtube channel I started with my mate.
In this video I mention a few small modifications I've made to my GSX1250FA.  Lowered foot pegs, Handle bar riser, Wilbers rear shock, and ultra sonic whistle thing to help avoid running into kangaroos again. Anyone else tried these roo shoos whistles? Have they worked for you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM3htI3IzLQ
GSXChris
GSXChris

Back to top Go down

Started a new Youtube channel Empty Re: Started a new Youtube channel

Post  truck Sat 15 Jul 2017, 12:07 am

Very Good, - you've inspired me to try and get out for another squirt while the weather is cooler here in the Nth.
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sat 15 Jul 2017, 1:00 pm

Nice job mate,  your a natural.

I have tried the roo things...I can't say they did,  or didn't work. But one thing you have to do,  is keep them clean of bugs,  or they don't whistle as intended. 
I have hit a Wallaby. THANKFULLY, it didn't take my wheel out, as I just swerved enough,  and only hit my right side engine case. Killed "it" dead instantly, and not me. 
It was a night ride I regularly do from Gladstone to Brisbane. I came around a sweeping corner, it was on the other side of the road,  facing away from me,  and jumped backwards in to my path. I have just as much luck blasting my horn I think. I do assume they are attracted to the light, and head in that direction,  which as it turns out,  is the path of vehicles.
They are dumb buggers!!!!!

99 Gen 1. Impressed with.  (New)
03 Gen 2. Love hate relationship.  (15yrs)
07 DRZ 400e. Lot of fun with no power. 25 km/L  (4yrs)
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 15 Jul 2017, 1:27 pm

Good job Chris ...........the view from the naked confused me at first . I tried one of those roo shoos for a while ( including a trip to Sydney )..........never saw a kangaroo , but maybe there weren't any ????? .For what they are & cost , it can't do any harm anyway .I had a near miss once with a roo  & no I didn't have a roo shoo on  , .............maybe I should have  Idea . I did have a flock of seagulls take off into my path once & took a few out , bloody dumb birds........they hurt when you hit them as well ............... I wonder if the roo shoo would have helped with them  Question

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  GSXChris Sat 15 Jul 2017, 8:19 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys.   I hope all the camera angles aren't too disorientating. For future videos I might just go with the video angle of who is talking at the time.
I hate listening to my voice, but I guess everyone says that.
Good to hear you didn't come off mtbeerwah. Unfortunately my mate didn't have anytime to react and the roo took out his front wheel as you can see in the video. The roo shoo at least gives him the confidence to keep riding now.

We were out shooting some video today, and we'll try to keep the vlogs coming. Hopefully one or two per month. As time and weather permit. So subscribe if you want to see more.  Cheers
GSXChris
GSXChris

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sat 15 Jul 2017, 10:05 pm

Good job. Maybe it's worth letting everyone know what you are using. The post processing is pretty professional. Btw how are you finding the cheap headsets?
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  GSXChris Sun 16 Jul 2017, 3:35 am

Thanks reddog. Yeah I actually do make videos professionally. But making motorcycling videos is quite different from my usual work, so I enjoy it.  I use Final Cut Pro X. The multi angle editing makes switching between angles easy.
The head sets are going well. I've never tried the more expensive ones, so have nothing to compare it with.  I guess it could be a bit louder for when wearing earplugs. Tuning into the radio is a nice feature although I doubt I'd use it much as the quality isn't great. My mate says using the bluetooth and connecting with his phone works great and is nice and clear.
GSXChris
GSXChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down