Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cracked the wet weather gear puzzle

4 posters

Go down

Cracked the wet weather gear puzzle Empty Cracked the wet weather gear puzzle

Post  Jimcoleman Sat 28 May 2016, 7:50 pm

i bought some new pants the other day cause due to some weight loss, the BMW Cities 2 are sadly parked so after some looking around i found that BMW had bought out a new pant called the rider, Similar to the City but hey hey they are waterproof. Looked for some reviews found only one but was all positive, Good.  Off to Canberra did the rounds but in the end the Riders won out, and they are bloody comfortable just like the Cities.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2015/05/18/bmw-rider-pants-review-better-than-the-city-pant/

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon-pdx-2-jacket

plus for my birthday i picked up a Icon PDX 2 full wet weather over Jacket.

So this morning i awoke to rain on the roof, bloody awesome time to test the gear

1. a pair of Dainese Gortex Scout Evo winter gloves
2. a pair of Gaerne Gortex boots
3. leather Jacket
4. Icon PDX 2 over Jacket
5. BMW Rider pants

A less than quick 2 hour return trip to the border and back in the rain by the time i got 3/4 quarters home i am feeling my arse is wet, water running down my legs and i am not happy.

Any way i get home i start taking account of whats dry and whats wet, first my waterproof gloves, hands are cold but every thing is dry and no leaks then off with the over jacket all dry this is looking good but still my arse is feeling very wet, next my boots which i thought had leaked, nope all dry then off with pants well bugger me all dry !!

So what is going on here i could of swore i was wet but on discussions with Tag as he had a pair of BMW GS pants same style of pants he said you can feel water running down the outside of the liner, but if i had of worn my thermals i would not have noticed so on that note i am a happy camper

Whilst i know that my dri rider gear will do the same sort of thing but i don't like the bulk and the zip in and zip out liners and i find them very uncomfortable and the one piece wet weather suits are like being like in a oven bag and rolling around in my testicle sweat is not something i like

so after a fair bit of experimentation and money i am going to be dry for the long term and i have to love that

Back to top Go down

Cracked the wet weather gear puzzle Empty Re: Cracked the wet weather gear puzzle

Post  Bosco15 Sun 29 May 2016, 7:06 am

Good review, Jim. 
Always nice to hear positive feedback on products.  
Hopefully you will get many years use from it all. 
It seems expensive at the initial outlay, but if quality manufacture translates into longevity, then I regard it as good value.  
What is your opinion of your Gaerne boots?
I have just replaced my "best boots I've ever owned", Gaerne. The only downside being, the model that I loved and the features that made me love them are no longer available. 
I have bought Gaerne again, due to the quality of the last pair, and can only hope that the quality of design, manufacture and material is still as good all these seven years later.

Back to top Go down

Cracked the wet weather gear puzzle Empty Re: Cracked the wet weather gear puzzle

Post  Jimcoleman Sun 29 May 2016, 7:35 am

The boots are bloody awesome really really comfortable

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 29 May 2016, 5:14 pm

Quote ""   Any way i get home i start taking account of whats dry and whats wet, first my waterproof gloves, hands are cold but every thing is dry and no leaks    ""

You actually found a pair of waterproof gloves ???  Shocked

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sun 29 May 2016, 5:20 pm

Bosco15 wrote:
What is your opinion of your Gaerne boots?
I have just replaced my "best boots I've ever owned", Gaerne. 
I haven't been game to try a 2nd pair of Gaerne boots, the pair I had before my current (10 year old Rossi's) pair were the worst boots I've ever owned, they must have got better then.
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Sun 29 May 2016, 6:24 pm

paul wrote:Quote ""   Any way i get home i start taking account of whats dry and whats wet, first my waterproof gloves, hands are cold but every thing is dry and no leaks    ""

You actually found a pair of waterproof gloves ???  Shocked
Yes Paul i have but is all about how you pit them on. 
1. Fold the gauntlet forward 
2. Put your hand in the Glove and make sure the gloves inner sleve is snug around your wrist 
3. Then pull your jacket sleve down over the cuff then pull the gaunlett over your jacket sleeve 
Water will run down your sleeve and out through the holes in the gauntlet 

Pain in the arse yes but i do stay dry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down