Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insurance Companies

3 posters

Go down

Insurance Companies Empty Insurance Companies

Post  Chook Fri 08 Jan 2016, 12:53 pm

I received my comprehensive insurance renewal from Suzuki Insurance (Swann) in the mail today so I thought I'd get a few quotes and see what happened

Swann Quote (original policy renewal) Value $8,464, $384 or $32 a month (includes helmet, riding gear ($1000) I thought it was supposed to include the Givi luggage but apparently that's all part of bike value

Insure My Ride Value $9100, $484

RAA (SA version of NRMA) started a online quote, quote was rejected with a referal number and phone number, phoned, went through the whole process to find out it was again rejected because of engine capacity (she couldn't tell me how big they allow)

Shannons, had to leave my details and still haven't heard back

Swann (I thought I'd see what a new customer would get offered) Value,  $8400, 297 or $24.75 a month, no riding gear, added helmet and $1000 riding gear $325 or $27 a month

So I phoned the number on my Suzuki/Swann renewal and got dicked around for 1/2 a hour, I asked where in the policy the panniers were included (they were listed a couple years ago, last year I was assure nothing changed), they said the only way to cover the value of my panniers, top box and mounts was top go agreed value, initially I was told I could go to a max value of $10400 + riding gear and helmet, that would set me back $399 a year or $33.25 a month, put through to a customer service adviser to see if I could get it discounted for being a loyal customer, max value now $10,200 and $429 a year.......WTF!!!

I mentioned the online quote, that was for "new policies only", they can't match it, he suggested I go with a online quote and put in a higher agreed value to cover the panniers.

I thought I'd give $10,400 a try, well bugger me, I didn't only get it, it is the same  cost as the 1st online quote for a value of $8400, Agreed Value $10,400 + helmet + riding gear up to $1000  annual premium of $325 or $27 a month, I'm saving $60 and getting a extra $2000 cover, so much for looking after loyal customers!!

Last edited by Chook on Fri 08 Jan 2016, 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected Shannons quote)
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Insurance Companies Empty Re: Insurance Companies

Post  madmax Fri 08 Jan 2016, 1:10 pm

Pretty typical really, I now redo my Insurance quote every time. Insure my ride dicked me around 2 years ago. Online quote was cheaper than the one in the mail. When I queried it they told me there had been a price drop!

Swann have always been too expensive for me

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Fri 08 Jan 2016, 2:06 pm

I changed to Youi this year, got talked into Market Value not agreed, I figured that the market for a Bandit sidecar would be pretty small seeing as I know the manufacturer and all three that he has made, so it will be very interesting what they come up with for a price if the worse happens. To me the insurance is really to cover the "diplomatic-plated mercedes" that I run into more than my machine.

I noticed the policy didn't cover my trailer so I enquired how much it would be seeing I didn't use it all that often, they mentioned it could be added to the policy at any time and taken off when the trip was finished for about $8 a month - seemed like a good deal but I did get a quote for the full year, a staggering $16. So my annual cost for sidecar and trailer is $168. Riding kit is only $500 after excess, but the policy includes roadside assist, towing and emergency accommodation, I did not go with the hire car option.

Took a couple of days ringing back and forth between insurers and it was interesting that each time I got a different person they would undercut their own companies previous price. I was initially with Budget and by the time I finished all this haggling, they had pretty well matched Youi's price and inclusions - almost half of what their mailout premium renewal was (and that did not include all the extras I got added like roadside etc), but by then I was done and decided on seeing what Youi would be like.

Unfortunately you need to make a claim to really tell what they will be like and that's something I'm not keen on finding out, but they were friendly in taking my money Neutral

Insurance Companies Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Fri 08 Jan 2016, 2:36 pm

I've heard countless horror stories from Youi customers including a number of rejected claims for non disclosure of very minor traffic infringements
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Fri 08 Jan 2016, 4:36 pm

Chook wrote:I've heard countless horror stories from Youi customers including a number of rejected claims for non disclosure of very minor traffic infringements

Same with Budget, I guess you get what you pay for

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum