Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay Cool and Safe.

+2
paul
Hammy
6 posters

Go down

Stay Cool and Safe. Empty Stay Cool and Safe.

Post  Hammy Sat 05 Dec 2015, 10:25 am

To all our SA members .  I hope that you stay safe, and you and your relatives are out of harms way through this extremely dangerous time.  It must be a very scary time for some of you folk down there.

Back to top Go down

Stay Cool and Safe. Empty Re: Stay Cool and Safe.

Post  paul Sat 05 Dec 2015, 10:56 am

Thanks mate , got the air-conditioners going so the house is pretty cool . I have a mate who lives at Kapunda, & although the fires the other day were a little away from the property he works on , he still managed to get burned on the shoulder by an ember ...............the winds were horrific . I just hope the hills don't catch fire this summer , or the result will be a lot worse. Things are pretty dry already here, & a long hot summer is predicted .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sat 05 Dec 2015, 11:56 am

In WA DPAW are going gang busters with prescribed burns so this doesn't happen when it gets hotter in the next month or so. It is extremely dry over here, knob heads who decide to light camp fires seem to be where most of our fires come from near my place.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sat 05 Dec 2015, 12:35 pm

We were in Canberra for the fires there, and although they were a good 10 - 15 kms from us, it's pretty scary when it goes black as night in the middle of the day and burnt leaves are falling from the sky.

Stay safe everyone.

Stay Cool and Safe. Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sat 05 Dec 2015, 12:51 pm

Hammy wrote:To all our SA members .  I hope that you stay safe, and you and your relatives are out of harms way through this extremely dangerous time.  It must be a very scary time for some of you folk down there.
Cheers mate, I'm home with the AC cranked up about to replace all of the silastic in the kitchen, at least it's cool in here.

As for Kaylah (Dancing Pillion), I've just dropped her and her mum off at Scott Theatre in the city, she's got her end of year dance concert on tonight, She's doing a full stage rehearsal, a 2:30 performance and then a 7:00 performance, she's in their elite dance squad which does the longest dances and more of them than the rest of the school (5 or 6, up to 15 min a piece).

Mrs Chook is on door duty back stage all day, when she's inside she gets no AC, some of the time she'll be outside.

Kaylah has to back it up with a Tap Dance exam tomorrow morning/ We have to have her there by 8:30 for a  9:30 exam.

Kaylah's brother Zac is working tonight in a pub kitchen, bar meals, restaurant meals and a function out back

I'm not too enthralled about replacing silastic but I've got it a lot easier than the other 3.
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sun 06 Dec 2015, 12:37 pm

We just heard from a mate in the Mid North (not far North of last weeks fires) he's just been called out with the local CFS, it's pretty windy atm, hopefully they can get it contained and sorted sooner rather than later
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Mon 07 Dec 2015, 7:03 am

6:30am and the temperature has just dropped to below 32 for the 1st time since 8:00 yesterday morning, it's been blowing like hell all night, hopefully the fire bugs stay away and the forecast lightening doesn't come.
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 07 Dec 2015, 1:13 pm

That's still too bloody hot! By contrast, we've got days of drizzle and low to mid 20s ahead of us.  Stay safe.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Mon 07 Dec 2015, 2:32 pm

Since 8:00am Saturday we've had a total of 2 1/2 hours "relief" where temp's were below 32, currently 36 again which is still far more comfortable than the past 2 days. Hopefully I don't cop too many red lights going home this evening, the heat off the engine is a killer in this weather
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum