Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New ADRs Tail tidies now legal in Aus

5 posters

Go down

New ADRs Tail tidies now legal in Aus Empty New ADRs Tail tidies now legal in Aus

Post  madmax Thu 26 Mar 2015, 6:09 pm

We knew it was coming, it is now official

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/motorcyclist-safety/motorcycle-mudguard-requirements

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

New ADRs Tail tidies now legal in Aus Empty Re: New ADRs Tail tidies now legal in Aus

Post  Chook Thu 26 Mar 2015, 6:54 pm

madmax wrote:We knew it was coming, it is now official

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/motorcyclist-safety/motorcycle-mudguard-requirements
We still have the age old problem, every state reads it and interprets it differently, I think you'll find what is "ok" in one state wont necessarily be ok in another

These points are a bit contentious depending who is interpreting it

However, if it can be determined that the mudguard extension was only fitted to your motorcycle so that it met the 45° angle requirement, it may be removed. If the extension is removed, there are a few simple rules you have to follow to make sure your motorcycle stays compliant:

• Only the mudguard extension may be removed. No other part of the body or mudguard may be removed from the vehicle.

Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

New ADRs Tail tidies now legal in Aus Empty Re: New ADRs Tail tidies now legal in Aus

Post  madmax Thu 26 Mar 2015, 9:45 pm

Chook wrote:
madmax wrote:We knew it was coming, it is now official

We still have the age old problem, every state reads it and interprets it differently, I think you'll find what is "ok" in one state wont necessarily be ok in another

These points are a bit contentious depending who is interpreting it

However, if it can be determined that the mudguard extension was only fitted to your motorcycle so that it met the 45° angle requirement, it may be removed. If the extension is removed, there are a few simple rules you have to follow to make sure your motorcycle stays compliant:

• Only the mudguard extension may be removed. No other part of the body or mudguard may be removed from the vehicle.

We are talking an ADR here so it should be allowed in any state.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Fri 27 Mar 2015, 5:51 am

Correct, the ADR is written and forms part of legislation in every state, as do the Australian Vehicle Standards for pre ADR vehicles.

Unfortunately how it is read and interpreted depends on the person/people doing that, hence the variation in how it is enforced, it should be the same nation wide but as we all experience, it is not, interpretation of the helmet standards is a prime example (and that is without even considering Queensland's "go it alone" approach)
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Fri 27 Mar 2015, 7:20 am

I understand what your saying, at least Vicroads provides a picture to show exactly what they mean by "extension"

New ADRs Tail tidies now legal in Aus Rear-mudguard-photo

Whichever way you look at it it should mean my R&G tail tidy is now legal
All of these point are valid

• Any lights or reflectors that are mounted to the mudguard extension must be re-installed on the motorcycle in a way that meets the vehicle standards.

• The remaining mudguard (which may include part of the motorcycle’s body that acts as a mudguard) must cover the entire width of the tyre.

• If the number plate for the motorcycle was attached to the mudguard extension, it must be remounted and continue to meet the number plate mounting requirements.

New ADRs Tail tidies now legal in Aus IMAG0156

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Boatz Mon 30 Mar 2015, 8:22 pm

MM,
        Does the Tidy Tail give you more or less under seat space?

Maintenance Tip " IT'S NOT RIGHT TILL ALL THE BOLTS ARE TIGHT"
Boatz
Boatz

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Mon 30 Mar 2015, 8:37 pm

The R&G tail tidy will give you more space under the seat because there is no box section inside the tail

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig67 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:47 pm

Not much room though, just enough under mine for a puncture kit and the original bandit tool kit. That's it.
Craig67
Craig67

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Tue 31 Mar 2015, 5:44 am

Craig67 wrote:Not much room though, just enough under mine for a puncture kit and the original bandit tool kit. That's it.

Have you got an R&G tail Craig?

Under the tail I have puncture kit, mini compressor and Suzuki tool kit. Mind you I had to remove the anti vibration knobs to do it

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig67 Tue 31 Mar 2015, 8:16 am

Not sure which brand/type it is, came with the bike. Runs dead flat against the bottom of the tail section. suppose you could fit a packet of smokes in the tail, might take up smoking.
Craig67
Craig67

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostbandit Thu 09 Apr 2015, 6:06 pm

I've got the r&g tail tidy on my girl, plenty of room with the genuine tool kit and puncture repair kit. Wouldn't have any less than the original unit
Ghostbandit
Ghostbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 09 Apr 2015, 7:37 pm

Ghostbandit wrote:I've got the r&g tail tidy on my girl, plenty of room with the genuine tool kit and puncture repair kit. Wouldn't have any less than the original unit

If you remove the rear handle dampeners you'll get a small compressor, repair kit and the tool kit under the seat.

R&G tail tidy without modification
New ADRs Tail tidies now legal in Aus IMAG0120

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down