Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another good review for the new 1250

+2
2wheelsagain
Cameron
6 posters

Go down

Another good review for the new 1250 Empty Another good review for the new 1250

Post  Cameron Thu 05 Aug 2010, 12:25 pm

Cant complain about this one either!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUIRuz14Tbg&feature=fvsr

Admin

Back to top Go down

Another good review for the new 1250 Empty Re: Another good review for the new 1250

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 06 Aug 2010, 8:55 am

Bloody hell next it will be compared to the BMW 1000RR!
Seriously if someone had 25k to spend on a bike (out of that lot) they would be buying the VFR despite its uglyness.
If you only had 15k the GSX wins hands down.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Another good review for the new 1250 Empty Re: Another good review for the new 1250

Post  Cameron Fri 06 Aug 2010, 12:50 pm

A few months ago i got to ride the new VFR1200.
And i have to say i didnt like it much at all. Even if i had the 25 odd grand to spend on a bike, id buy the bandit well before the VFR.
It handled very well through the corners, but after riding the 1250 around, it has no torque at all, and geared very tall....almost unusable. On the average ride, 3rd gears seems way to high to be riding around in. I recken it would be awsome for rides where your cruising at 140 the entire way...for that it would be unbeatable. But anything below that and it really was dissapointing.
The manager at Western motorcycles asked me after the ride...if sombody offered to do a clean swap for the bandit, would i do it....and i said

NOT A CHANCE!!!

More than happy to keep what ive got..

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Fri 06 Aug 2010, 2:35 pm

Cameron wrote:A few months ago i got to ride the new VFR1200.
And i have to say i didnt like it much at all. Even if i had the 25 odd grand to spend on a bike, id buy the bandit well before the VFR.
It handled very well through the corners, but after riding the 1250 around, it has no torque at all, and geared very tall....almost unusable. On the average ride, 3rd gears seems way to high to be riding around in. I recken it would be awsome for rides where your cruising at 140 the entire way...for that it would be unbeatable. But anything below that and it really was dissapointing.
The manager at Western motorcycles asked me after the ride...if sombody offered to do a clean swap for the bandit, would i do it....and i said

NOT A CHANCE!!!

I won't bother going through the list of bikes I've test ridden since buying the B12 in '02, but suffice to say I'm yet to ride a bike that has made me want to replace the Bandit. I've ridden a few that I've short listed as possible replacements should the B12 ever become unrepairable.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Fri 06 Aug 2010, 4:53 pm

b12mick wrote:

NOT A CHANCE!!!

I won't bother going through the list of bikes I've test ridden since buying the B12 in '02, but suffice to say I'm yet to ride a bike that has made me want to replace the Bandit. I've ridden a few that I've short listed as possible replacements should the B12 ever become unrepairable.

It seems to be like that with most bandit owners. They may be "budget" motorcycle, but like you, there are very few motorcycles ive ever come across that id like to own instead of the big suzi. The only ones i can think of are ever bigger suzi's like the GSX1400 or B-King

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Fri 06 Aug 2010, 6:56 pm

Cameron wrote:
b12mick wrote:

NOT A CHANCE!!!

It seems to be like that with most bandit owners. They may be "budget" motorcycle, but like you, there are very few motorcycles ive ever come across that id like to own instead of the big suzi. The only ones i can think of are ever bigger suzi's like the GSX1400 or B-King

That is true, I'd love to get a B-king to play with BUT i can't even think about getting rid of the bandit without Sad lol.

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Mon 09 Aug 2010, 2:26 pm

Cameron wrote:
b12mick wrote:

NOT A CHANCE!!!

I test rode the GSX1400 ('02 model) before I bought the B12. Great bike, but it really didn't like being ridden in town and because I can only afford 1 bike, it wasn't going to do the job for me. Athough a friend of mine bought an '05 model and she said it's fine around town. Maybe Suzuki played around with the fuelling and gearing between '02 and '05.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Tue 10 Aug 2010, 9:30 am

when i bought another bike i was actually going to buy a GSX1400 - i was just deciding on the colour -[black or the special team suzuki paint job] mainly because the last bike i had owned had been a GSX1100. then i happened to be in the city and called into a bike shop and they had the bandit there - i hadnt seen one before. i said to the sales guy 'whats the difference between this and the 1400' blah blah blah, and he said take the bandit for a ride - which was really the first time i had ridden a bike in 20 years.....in peak hour traffic thru central and redfern as well. So after getting several frights with the sudden yank of low down power from it in the traffic i got back and that night i decided on the bandit as it was surprisingly narrow compared to the 1400, goes the same and had ABS and was cheaper into the bargain [which turned out to be important as i hadnt realised how much leathers boots and helments had gone up in 20 years]

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  LeeRain Wed 15 Sep 2010, 3:30 am

It's seems MCN puts the Suzuki Bandit far more superior than the rest. But then, who wouldn't. Brilliant engine, po

LeeRain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum