Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bogus emails

2 posters

Go down

Bogus emails  Empty Bogus emails

Post  paul Wed 08 Oct 2014, 7:37 pm

Beware , there is an email going around from supposedly Aust Post ( re parcel pick up ) ..............do not open it , it contains a Trojan virus . Evil or Very Mad
Lucky AVG picked mine up before I opened it .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Bogus emails  Empty Re: Bogus emails

Post  barry_mcki Fri 31 Oct 2014, 12:21 pm

I've noticed a number of "Failure to Appear" court type emails showing up in my spam filter lately.  

Here is an information page from the Vic Courts about them:

Bogus emails  Scam_e10

Good advise that fits all scam emails.  If you aren't expecting an email from someone that has "official" sounding info, delete it.  No government agency will contact you this way, never open the attachments or provide any information they are asking.  If in doubt, contact the agency directly at their proper " .gov " web site, but never follow any links contained in the email itself.

I've seen emails reportedly from the ATO, Post Office, banks, and numerous other scammers trying this type of thing.  Please pass on to others, especially your elderly parents and friends who may get fooled by the official pretense these b****ards are using.

Bogus emails  Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum