Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ride that wasn't

2 posters

Go down

The ride that wasn't Empty The ride that wasn't

Post  b12mick Mon 26 Jul 2010, 9:51 am

Well we (Redback Tourers) planned a ride for Sunday (yesterday). 4 of us met at Harley's Cafe (Lake Albert) and discussed the temperature and fog. We decided that we'd head out on the road and see how we go. We got no more than 17km and the fog just got thicker and thicker. Visability was only 100m at best, add in the near zero temperature. It was decided that as it wasn't much fun doing 60kmh in a 100km zone so we turned round and head home. As lead rider this decision made me a happy man. It was even less fun for me, not only was I struggling to see where I was going, it was damn near impossible trying to make sure there was still 3 riders behind me.

As always though, I learnt something. I learnt that my time honoured, never fail, trick of using dishwashing liquid/shampoo/shaving foam to stop a visor from fogging up, doesn't work on the visor of my wifes Shark helmet.

So, what options does this leave us with? Are the Fog City visor inserts any good and how much do they cost?

b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

The ride that wasn't Empty Re: The ride that wasn't

Post  whitey1 Tue 27 Jul 2010, 8:59 am

I remember when I lived in Canberra for a winter that I bought a small bottle of liquid from a local bike shop that you wiped on the visor to stop it fogging up(the inside). It worked very well but I cant remember what it was called(it was 15 years ago).
Dont think this helps much sorry. Rolling Eyes
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Tue 27 Jul 2010, 11:14 am

Mate I tried all the tricks that have worked on EVERY other helmet we've owned, but the Shark visor still defies logic and continues to fog up.

I even tried yelling obscenities at it, but it still fogs up. F**king thing.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum