Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride to Dwellingup

4 posters

Go down

Ride to Dwellingup  Empty Ride to Dwellingup

Post  reddog Sun 21 Sep 2014, 7:23 pm

Went for a ride today to meet up with some of the ASB guys in Dwellingup. My mate Jimmy Bandit and I took off from Collie and the sun was shining. We knew the was some shitty weather coming, so we both had wet weather gear inboard. We were headed to the Wokalup pub to meet up with @jigsaw from ASB on his vifffer 1200. We got a couple of kms out from Wokalup and he heavens opened up, which was a pity because the road we were riding was sensational. We chucked on our wet weather gear and made it to the pub. After an hour waiting there was no sign of @ jigsaw after phone calls and messages left on ASB.jimmy and I soldiered onto Waroona where I checked everything again to see if jigsaw had made contact. My wet weather gear had already started to leak and my gloves were soaked. We took off to Dwellingup, it was belting down. It was hard to see 50m in front, we cracked on regardless dodging tree debris. We got to the 1 way bridge at bacon Powell camp grounds and rode through what felt like a foot of water. My sidi boots were soaked and I could feel water making its way into my crotch area. We made it to Dwellingup and found Jigsaw. He shit the bed and got to Wokalup an hour earlier than expected, not sure why he never rang. Anyway we all had a beer in our wet weather gear to stay warm. After waiting around for an hour the ASB guys never showed up, no messages or phone calls. We headed back to Waroona as we may have missed the and they may have been at th pub. The rain was very light on the way back, jimmy and I had a great time in the Twisties. We stopped off at the Pinjarra bakery and had a hot drink and a gourmet pie. Went down a treat and got me warm enough to carry on. Still no sign of the Perth crew so we headed home.. Got home after some Twisties, but everything was soaked. Had a good day even though the weather was terrible. All my leathers and gear is sitting near the fire drying. Glad to have a warm shower. All my wet weather gear is garbage. I need to buy some decent stuff.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Ride to Dwellingup  Empty Re: Ride to Dwellingup

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 21 Sep 2014, 7:39 pm

Good one reddog - but there are easier ways to wash your bike!!!
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 21 Sep 2014, 8:17 pm

Nothing quite like that feeling of water seepage in heavy rain  Laughing sounds like a fun day anyway RD

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 21 Sep 2014, 9:14 pm

Poor form from the Perth gang but at least the VFR made it. Did you quizz him on it RD?

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Mon 22 Sep 2014, 9:28 am

Yeah jigsaw said the tank is small at 17 litres and the front suspension needs work straight away. He also mentioned he has a problem after fitting a power commander the ECU keeps showing an o2 sensor issue although he has had the worrying and everything checked. Other than that he was very happy with the bike. He had custom painted his smurf blue, looks great.

Hers his business http://www.jigsawsigns.com.au his email is at the bottom if you want to get in touch with him
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum