Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never too old

5 posters

Go down

Never too old Empty Never too old

Post  BanditDave Mon 09 Dec 2013, 4:48 pm

Went for a ride with some Hervey Bay locals today.

A strange mix, 1 x Honda Deauville, me on Bandit and the third guy on an R1 Yamaha.

We met up with another local who has just purchased  ZX14.

What can you say but WOW, almost as good looking as a Hayabusa but not as nice as a Bandit  (I didn't tell him that) Very Happy 

What would surprise most other riders as that the proud owner is not far short of 70 years old.

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Never too old Empty Re: Never too old

Post  paul Mon 09 Dec 2013, 8:24 pm

I certainly hope to be riding at that age ......................active mind & body is the answer, so no sitting around in your slippers watching TV day time soapies ...........get out & live life Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 09 Dec 2013, 9:58 pm

I looked over a nice red ZX1400 the other day. Mmmmmmm. Very tempting.  But I have'nt finished with the Bandit yet.   Wink
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  stu Tue 10 Dec 2013, 10:51 pm

yeah those ZX14s both look and sound awesome in theory, but really.... my bandit is fast up to well over illegal speeds, still scares me when I twist the throttle on all the way.... what can you do with the zx14 that won't get you thrown in jail???!?!

stu

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Wed 11 Dec 2013, 8:02 am

I don't need anything with performance beyond that of the Bandit, in fact it has far more to offer than I have the skills to utilise. It also is very good at costing me fines/demerit points. I blame the bike entirely for this.

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Post  jstava Wed 11 Dec 2013, 9:58 am

I'd agree with that. I'd initially thought the Bandit was overkill, but after 6 months +, I'm just liking it as an everyday day ride and great all rounder.  

I think I've only pegged the throttle a couple of times just to see what the torque does through the range of revs, and to avoid surprises.  There aren't any, apart from the fuel economy, which is real good, and consistent.  I have another bike with less than half the displacement that's harder on fuel. 

I don't need to ride like a person possessed, but appreciate the poke that's available on occasions, makes for effortless transit and great point to point times and traffic is never a factor.  It's plenty for me. I've nothing to prove. 

I still have all my points, but that's more to do with where I live. - I avoid venturing into Victoria much, and choose my route so as to avoid the state's "revenue roads".

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum