Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Explain this logically ...

+4
Corsa79
madmax
2wheelsagain
gus
8 posters

Go down

Explain this logically ... Empty Explain this logically ...

Post  gus Sat 30 Nov 2013, 9:29 pm

Tl 1000s gauges (e-Bay) postage from States $32

Tl 1000s gauges (e-bay ) postage from States $95

Tl 1000s gauges (e-bay ) postage from States $66 .

Same (type) gauges from same country ,same weight .

Dev, headers from China ,postage $105

Arrow headers from Italy (further away ) postage $43

Same weight .

7'' headlight  from Repco to fit Bandit naked $30
E-Bay ,Bandit Headlight $320, ok you get the plastic back bit with it  . .silent silent silent
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Explain this logically ... Empty Re: Explain this logically ...

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 30 Nov 2013, 9:34 pm

The main reason for different ebay pricing is there are no fees charged to the seller on postage/freight costs.
You need to look at the total price Gus.

By the way I have contacted a TL1000S seller Wink

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 30 Nov 2013, 9:39 pm

I still don't get how one person can say postage is $35 and the next person say it is 3 times as much for the same item ,from the same country .
And the $35 one also had the cheapest item price .

Add $16 for postage for the headlight .That's $336 .Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 30 Nov 2013, 9:49 pm

If the totals are wildly different it doesn't make sense. I agree.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sat 30 Nov 2013, 10:46 pm

Its greed!

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 30 Nov 2013, 10:53 pm

Its the postage price I have printed . That's what has got me annoyed , not the item price .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Corsa79 Sun 01 Dec 2013, 12:16 am

Maybe different parts of the states its a big place to. I live in Julia Creek and work in rural supply store and deal with freight everyday and also get sheplers for my work jeans which normaly come in through Sydney. So if they where posted far away from where it leaves the states the extra price might be the extra cost to get it to come to Australia. ex for me to send something over seas and it leaves from Sydney id have to pay say $30 to get it to Sydney before even paying for it to go oversease but if I was sending it from Sydney there wouldn't be any extra.
I am not saying this is right but may be an explanation from what info you gave.
Corsa79
Corsa79

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 01 Dec 2013, 8:35 am

The postage price for anything includes "handling" as well.  It's up to them what they think is a reasonable amount to charge.  As for parts. Well.  A certain large motorcycle dealer that fixed Jans bike with a new fuel pump charged $550 for the pump. ( not including labour )  I sourced one out on the net.  To me , landed from the US...........  $200.  Evil or Very Mad   I asked them to explain that.  They just shook their heads and said, Sorry, that's the way it is.  If I pay $200. Then what is a dealer getting it for ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sun 01 Dec 2013, 9:51 am

As I said its greed, I've seen the same seller list something at $10 with free postage and again at $3 with $7 postage. EBay charge for the listing at the sale price not the price including postage. By jacking up the postage the seller saves on fees and fixes the price at a higher level.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sun 01 Dec 2013, 9:52 am

As I said its greed, I've seen the same seller list something at $10 with free postage and again at $3 with $7 postage. EBay charge for the listing at the sale price not the price including postage. By jacking up the postage the seller saves on fees and fixes the price at a higher level.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Mon 02 Dec 2013, 11:46 pm

AND. Wait FOR IT! The law is changing and you will have to pay GST on anything $20+. Soooooo, if you find something on Ebay for $20, you will be hit $2 GST plus you will have to pay for the collection of the GST which is anthing up to $10 and then you will have to pay the postage.

Ripp-off merchants here in Australia are whinging that they're losing too much money to online purchases. So our glorious government want to discourage online sales by making us pay the same as if we were buying it here.

You used to only pay GST on items $1000 or more. So, if you like looking at Dog's arses, have a look at the grand ol' lot at parliament house.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Tue 03 Dec 2013, 1:26 pm

Its going to be messy collecting GST on eBay.  Paypal being the most prevelant method of funds transfer, I can't see how they'll do it as the only service they (eBay & Paypal) are providing is the listing and the handling of funds, these "services" are a small percentage of the items cost price, so any GST is only 10% of their fee, not 10% of the actual items cost. 

Even if there is some loophole where Paypal is to be the revenue collector you can still select direct bank transfer to bypass Paypal, then how will they (the Government) get their money.  There are all the other online auctions such as Gumtree, Grays etc. that are not directly related to eBay and Paypal.  You can register as an overseas bidder and purchase the items through eBay US or UK etc, there are so many ways around this I think they'll have to virtually monitor every transaction, and considering the only funds available these days for new iniaties is for increase polly salaries, who is actually going to fund the departmet that is going to enforce this proposal ?

Mr Norman and his mates would have had their corporate lawyers right over this to try stop the practice, you can tell the outcome of their investigations - HN has joined the online sales merchants as well.

One would think that if there was an easy way to have done this (collect GST on on-line transactions) the Tax Office would have done it years ago, but I might be living in my own little wonderland where the cup is always half full.

Explain this logically ... Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Tue 03 Dec 2013, 1:36 pm

barry_mcki wrote:Its going to be messy collecting GST on eBay.  Paypal being the most prevelant method of funds transfer, I can't see how they'll do it as the only service they (eBay & Paypal) are providing is the listing and the handling of funds, these "services" are a small percentage of the items cost price, so any GST is only 10% of their fee, not 10% of the actual items cost. 

Even if there is some loophole where Paypal is to be the revenue collector you can still select direct bank transfer to bypass Paypal, then how will they (the Government) get their money.  There are all the other online auctions such as Gumtree, Grays etc. that are not directly related to eBay and Paypal.  You can register as an overseas bidder and purchase the items through eBay US or UK etc, there are so many ways around this I think they'll have to virtually monitor every transaction, and considering the only funds available these days for new iniaties is for increase polly salaries, who is actually going to fund the departmet that is going to enforce this proposal ?

Mr Norman and his mates would have had their corporate lawyers right over this to try stop the practice, you can tell the outcome of their investigations - HN has joined the online sales merchants as well.

One would think that if there was an easy way to have done this (collect GST on on-line transactions) the Tax Office would have done it years ago, but I might be living in my own little wonderland where the cup is always half full.
No I reckon your right, this has been brought up several times in the past and got no where. Hopefully because it was too much work/costs to put it together

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Tue 03 Dec 2013, 1:42 pm

so someone tell me this..

am I paying GST on a "private" sale that comes from an OS seller?

eg: it hasn`t come from a business, you can`t buy it in Australia, and it costs anything in the targeted bracket!

what happens here, as its not effecting any business, but I buy it on ebay, why am I charged?
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Tue 03 Dec 2013, 1:46 pm

mtbeerwah wrote:so someone tell me this..

eg: it hasn`t come from a business, you can`t buy it in Australia, and it costs anything in the targeted bracket!

what happens here, as its not effecting any business, but I buy it on ebay, why am I charged?
I can't see how they could, you don't pay GST on private sales now. The trick will be how to identify it as a private sale

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Tue 03 Dec 2013, 1:48 pm

madmax wrote:
mtbeerwah wrote:so someone tell me this..

I can't see how they could, you don't pay GST on private sales now. The trick will be how to identify it as a private sale
hence the term "loophole"
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum