Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oggy or other crash knobs?

+4
dhula
Cruisecontrol
Cameron
8 posters

Go down

Oggy or other crash knobs? Empty Oggy or other crash knobs?

Post  Cameron Mon 24 May 2010, 1:45 pm

Whos got some on their bike?
What brand and got some photos? Since ill be going to the track soon, and more regulary, it might be a good investment to fit some.
People oppinions please?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Oggy or other crash knobs? Empty Re: Oggy or other crash knobs?

Post  Cruisecontrol Mon 24 May 2010, 2:23 pm

If you want decent looking protection that won't bend your frame on impact NRC or R&G engine covers are the way to go.

http://www.nrcracing.com/covers

http://www.rg-racing.com/

Cruisecontrol

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Mon 24 May 2010, 3:42 pm

Im not keen on the engine covers. i only want the knobs. The ones on those sites are ok and the only oggy ones ive seen are mounted on a huge bar infront of the bike, which look bad.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruisecontrol Mon 24 May 2010, 4:18 pm

Cameron wrote:i only want the knobs.

There is a quote for the ages...

Cruisecontrol

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Mon 24 May 2010, 7:09 pm

clicky

but as i've been there and dun that kind of searching , i would suggest r&g racing frame sliders and axle sliders and stuff. they have a pretty good rep in the UK and the kits I have seen (and personally got) are well made. i can't vouch for how strong they are in a fall as i've not fallen so far, but they look like they'll do the business for sure.

if you do a search of this forum you'll find a bit of info on oggies also.

speak with the guys at the track about what they use and suggest as the "been there dun that and this is what works" will be worth listening to.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  1952 Mon 24 May 2010, 10:38 pm

I have had no response from the Tech section of Oggy to the concerns raised on this forum. I did have a call from the local dealer who is holding a fully-paid order for Oggy Knobs on my behalf. Apparently the factory has just purchased their own high tech bar bender because the order they sent out to a supplier wasn't up to specs. My order is for the oggy Knobs on the big bar out front because I LIKED the way they looked. Can't say anything more because I don't have them yet and I haven't had any feed-back or response re. concerns. Will up-date when something happens. Certainly hope you never need to test whatever solution you arrive at!

Back to top Go down

Post  rockyysdt Fri 18 Jun 2010, 8:26 pm

Cameron wrote:Whos got some on their bike?
What brand and got some photos? Since ill be going to the track soon, and more regulary, it might be a good investment to fit some.
People oppinions please?

High Cameron.

I'm out of town and don't know the brand name of my crash knobs.

My mechanic arranged supply and installation to my FZ1.

These provided far more protection than just for crashes.

My Fizzie toppled off its side stand a few months ago causing scratched tail body, & snapped clutch lever end, but the knob protected the engine casing/cover.

Saved me quite a few bucks.

Replaced gear lever for $12.50 and the local panel beater patched and resprayed the tail piece for $50.

I'm overseas at the moment, but the wife picked up the part and said the finish is quite impressive.

rockyysdt

Back to top Go down

Post  evel75 Fri 18 Jun 2010, 9:04 pm

my mechanic said they can tear off the part of the frame they are attached to. he said not a good idea. then again....!
evel75
evel75

Back to top Go down

Post  1836 Fri 18 Jun 2010, 9:49 pm

There is no 'perfect' protection, whether it be falling over or skidding down the road. For me it was all about, ' how much will it cost me to fix the damage?' and 'how quick can I have my bike back?' With that in mind, I opted for a frame slider (oggy knob or similar). The less stuff that hits the bitumen hard, all the better.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloth_27 Sat 19 Jun 2010, 3:08 pm

Oggy knobs are a bit of a gimmick I reckon, they might save you if you drop it at the traffic lights but in a crash they just bend frames and dig into the ground. This is especially true of ones that just bolt on to your frame or engine in one place.
Those R&G engine covers are a much better option, but I think replacement suzuki engine cases are probably cheaper on the bandit.

The best option is not to crash in the first place, but like I can talk Rolling Eyes
Sloth_27
Sloth_27

Back to top Go down

Post  rockyysdt Sat 19 Jun 2010, 4:14 pm

Sure Oggy knobs don't offer 100% protection, but will save you money every time you spill.

rockyysdt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down