Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

front sprocket/clutch cover..help please

3 posters

Go down

front sprocket/clutch cover..help please Empty front sprocket/clutch cover..help please

Post  fat pete Mon 10 Jun 2013, 5:16 pm

well ohnestly everyone has been great with the advice,,today i went to pull the cover off the front sprocket,i undid the 5 allen bolts around the edge of the cover but no way would that cover budge,looking at it i see,cant remember now,2to3 bolts that are around the centre of the case,or theyre around the clutch area,do they hold the cover on as well?and i tell you,when i went to buy this bike it looked in great nick and i just loved the look of it,he asured me that he had looked after it and showed me service records from new.she has 34000k on the clock..today cos i cant really do much the missus gave the chain a good clean,i was saying itll be the original chain and sprockets,well ill be rooted,the chain has DID on it and the rear sprocket which looks clean and in good nick has JT stamped on it..jeez i thought with 34k itd still be the original stuff on there.so someone has put the good chain and sprocket on it and not maintained it..we got a sort of happy medium with it but ill be replacing it if i can get this front cover off..thanks for the help people and as usuall any help will be recieved gratefully..
fat pete
fat pete

Back to top Go down

front sprocket/clutch cover..help please Empty Re: front sprocket/clutch cover..help please

Post  paul Mon 10 Jun 2013, 5:50 pm

There are 6 bolts / there is one in the center as well

front sprocket/clutch cover..help please Img01710

They are also different lengths so lay them out accordingly or mark them with some tape & a pen Very Happy ( ignore the top picture & look at pic 2 )

20 to 30 thousand km from a chain wouldn't be considered too bad but they need cleaning & lubing especially in dirty ( wet gritty ) conditions

Make sure you align the clutch actuation shaft with the hole in the cover ( next to the 5 in fig. 3 when you put the cover back on )

Last edited by paul on Mon 10 Jun 2013, 6:05 pm; edited 3 times in total

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

front sprocket/clutch cover..help please Empty Re: front sprocket/clutch cover..help please

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 10 Jun 2013, 5:56 pm

Good luck with the removal. The 1250 is straight forward so I can't offer any advice.
Mid 30's is about right for a chain. They sound the same as mine and they're original. (36000 km so far)

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  fat pete Mon 10 Jun 2013, 9:30 pm

paul is that the 1250 youre talking about there,i shouldve said that mines aq 2000 model 1200motor,are they the same?are you saying that they came original with the DID type chain and the JT sprockets,im confused,sorry,my meds have just kicked in.
fat pete
fat pete

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:55 pm

fat pete wrote:paul is that the 1250 youre talking about there,i shouldve said that mines aq 2000 model 1200motor,are they the same?are you saying that they came original with the DID type chain and the JT sprockets,im confused,sorry,my meds have just kicked in.

I used to own a 2004/ 1200 before the 1250 I own now ................the pictures I have shown you are from a 1200 workshop manual .
Sounds like they have been changed as I think the original chain was an RK , but the DID chain they put on probably needed to be maintained a bit better .
The DID chain & JT sprockets are a good replacement item but as with all chains should be looked after . What I meant was & didn't explain it very well was that they probably changed them between 20 & 30 thousand kays . If you undo the 5 bolts again & then the one circled in the center of the cover ( see the second picture down )you should then be able to remove the cover . The cover will stay connected to the bike by the clutch slave cylinder but just swing the cover to one side to access the front sprocket . hope this helps..............Paul

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  fat pete Mon 10 Jun 2013, 11:10 pm

thanks paul,i get it now,should be an easy fix.ive agrevated the hell outve my back from bending down tyn to undo a bolt,as i was just sayn to reardo im stuffed mate,i feel like givn up at times,my missus is my carer and she ended up adjusting the chain as good as she could get it..she is an unreal missus..puts up with my crap.im gunna ring a shop tommorro for a quote to do the job..thanks again paul
fat pete
fat pete

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum