Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exhaust mods to start tomorrow

4 posters

Go down

Exhaust mods to start tomorrow Empty Exhaust mods to start tomorrow

Post  ohmyfj55 Thu 13 May 2010, 10:25 am

Hi Lads,

Maybe we buy things like cars and bikes, only to modify them further to emulate that "Christmas as a kid" sensation.

Have the bike booked in tomorrow for fittment of the Dale Walker Holeshot headers and Supertrapp muffler. Will have to wait a whole week to be able to pick it up the following friday (away for work......seven whole sleeps!!)

Am looking forward to being intimidated by the torque once again.

This will be in addition to;

Power Commander 3
Air-box modification
P.A.I.R. system removal
Secondary Butterflies removal (will have to check on balancing, thanks to this site)
K&N air filter
46 tooth rear sprocket

Apparently, the ol' Bandit bottom end will take a 30hp gas kit.

Looking forward to swapping time-cards Cameron!!

Zip zip
ohmyfj55
ohmyfj55

Back to top Go down

Exhaust mods to start tomorrow Empty Re: Exhaust mods to start tomorrow

Post  Cameron Thu 13 May 2010, 3:32 pm

Your on.
So do you have the 1200 or 1250.
And im keen to know what difference you think all those add-ons made?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Exhaust mods to start tomorrow Empty K8 1250

Post  ohmyfj55 Thu 13 May 2010, 4:44 pm

Hey Cam, have a '08 1250 in the shed, bought new.

As for the difference over stock bike to current, acceleration is up considerably, torque seems more even throughout the rev range and top speed has increased aswell.

Originally had only installed the Staintune, PC3 and ran pod-filters for a dyno. Only returned 101hp and was told that the pod-filters were ineffective, with manufactures using airboxes for a reason (sounded good with the pods though).

Since then, the other mods have happened and even with the PC3 running the map from last tune, the bike has felt a great deal different, pulling very hard.

Believe that Dale Walker,s last dyno run (from Holeshot Performance) with virtually the same mods, including his headers and his slip-on, went to around the 135hp mark.

So can definitely recommend cutting the top of the airbox lid (go to Dale Walker's site for photos) the k&n filter, Power Commander (which i believe the new PC5 can be run with their new quickshifter, which is good for oh...i dunno...drag-racing), appropriate tuning and sprocket. the PC was under $400 and the sprocket and K&N filter was under $300. Tuning was $270 from an authorised Dynajet centre.

Don't know how much the new quickshifter set-up is or the new PC5, or whether it is out yet for the Bandits.

I remember speaking to a ZX1400 owner the last time i was at our local dragway. He said for the 6000 dollars he has spent on his bike after the 12000 purchase price, the performance gains were amazing.

The fact that this was still street registered, albeit running an expensive extended swingarm and gas, was pretty good to return a best of 9.4 secs down the 1/4. No actual engine work had been carried out and at that stage he hadn't planned to, enjoying the fact he could change his swingarm and still run it on the street. A new GT3 Porche only runs 13's, what's with that at $250K+

That's what i have come to appreciate about the Bandits, they are a sleeper.

Just plan to go as far as i can without having to lift a rocker cover (yet to find aftermarket cams anyway). Want to work with pretty much bolt-on components engine-wise (possibly six-inch swing-arm extenders, 50mm lowering kit, 30hp gas kit and Shinko slick for the track) to get the best out of a "cheap" bike.

Keep it reliable and ride-able for the street, with a few hours of work if the desire is there for the "keep it off the streets" meets.

Till later,
nathan
ohmyfj55
ohmyfj55

Back to top Go down

Post  boomer Thu 13 May 2010, 10:24 pm

ohmyfj55 wrote:
Don't know how much the new quickshifter set-up is or the new PC5, or whether it is out yet for the Bandits.

Don't know about the quickshifter, but I've had the PCV installed for a while - made a huge difference!
Dyno hit 110hp, but I'd specified to set it up for commuting/economy rather than squeezing it for HP.

FarRider #412

Exhaust mods to start tomorrow Yoshi2
boomer
boomer

http://www.scottspics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Exhaust mods to start tomorrow Empty Exhaust on...just a little different.

Post  ohmyfj55 Sat 22 May 2010, 2:09 pm

Picked it up today.

Headers were joined, then a piece of stainless pipe bent up to run from the header join (welded) up to the muffler. Custom bracket to hold the muffler in place (no more rear pegs)

Took it for a run and, in being mindful of extra flow now and no fuel adjustment, took it pretty easy.

Doesn't seem to have the same torque from the 5500/6000 rpm mark as with the stock headers/Staintune arrangement but would say the torque curve is more even, with it seeming to rev/wind out easier. Only gave it a handful in third twice, again wanting to re-dyno it first for mixtures sake.

Am amazed at how quiet the Supertrapp is. Definitely notice the better flow doing it's job and it feels a tad smoother too.

Will get the tune done and go for a proper test ride.

Figure i could now go to a drop of one tooth on the front sprocket to get that punch back into it.

Keep you posted.
ohmyfj55
ohmyfj55

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Sat 22 May 2010, 2:16 pm

don't be shy. post some pics

dhula

Back to top Go down

Exhaust mods to start tomorrow Empty just took some....

Post  ohmyfj55 Sat 22 May 2010, 2:57 pm

Hey Dhula,

just tried to include them in the post. Added them to the personal album, but see that the photos are to be approved by an administrator first.

Is this the only method for including photos?? wish i knew more about computers!!
ohmyfj55
ohmyfj55

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Sat 22 May 2010, 4:21 pm

i did the same thing and waited and waited and waited to find my pics were still not approved. at first i thought, bloody admin, he needs to get off his arse and approve my pics :-) but i found that i was the one that needed to go back into my personal gallery to approve my pics. maybe this is the case for you also.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Exhaust mods to start tomorrow Empty Dhula, you rock.

Post  ohmyfj55 Sun 23 May 2010, 9:35 am

Thanks Dhula,

just checked out the gallery section and saw "moderation" over on the right hand side.

All systems are now go thanks.

Regards,
Nathan
ohmyfj55
ohmyfj55

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down