Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2156 kms and several great roads

5 posters

Go down

2156 kms and several great roads Empty 2156 kms and several great roads

Post  Baz Tue 02 Apr 2013, 9:08 pm

2156 kms and several great roads
Yes Peter, I took too much stuff again. I like to take my clothing in the watertight bag on the rear seat while all the riding stuff and bike stuff goes in the panniers. I'm refining what goes onto my bike for long rides.
I had to have a crack at the Bonang Hwy after reading Ewok's and Jame's ride report, trouble was there were other roads nearby and I had too good a time on the Bonang and excellant weather to call my ride finished.
Friday I headed down the Hume Hwy until the traffic made me take the exit at Avon Dam and somehow I got back on the Hume a bit further pn and the traffic thinned out and sped up. Goulburn and take the Tarago road then Braidwood and down to Broulee to overnight it there at relo's.
Saturday was a great day for weather so off I went down the Princes Hwy to Pambula to then take the Mt Darragh Rd to Bombala and Delegate.
I swore a couple of times in the dirt section and possible mentioned some names in the forum ... but this Bonang Hwy is worth every pebble and corrugation on the small dirt bit beacause the sheer number of bends and the scenery on the tarred section is incredible. I overnighted in Orbost in one of their only two motels. If I were going again I think I'd stay at the Caravan Park and frequent the pubs instead of the town's only club.
Having had so much fun I wasn't ready to go home, so it was off to Bruthen to refuel and up the GAR I went, great weather and up at Mt Hotham it was only slight misty, I know what Mt Hotham looks like now. Going down the Mountain was delightful, a little cool ... I watched the ambient temperature on the bike's info screen drop from 22c to 9c to back up to 21c in Mt Beauty. I was stuffed and needed somewhere to bed down. I must have missed the road (no maps .. should've took a map I suppose) I ended up just outside Wodonga and took the road up to Tallangatta Motel which I didn't like I was mooved after stripping off naked and waiting for the hot water in the shower, The hot water never came so I moved rooms. Then I stupidly used the water glass to drop a pill and now I have the flu pretty bad. Lucky I bought a new open face helmet which allows to to sneeze snot and not get it on my face shield.
at Omeo,
2156 kms and several great roads IMG_0007_1_zps54c6a867

2156 kms and several great roads IMG_0008_1_zps38c0d710

The fires thru here was immense in area,
2156 kms and several great roads IMG_0017_1_zpsa0f77f2f

2156 kms and several great roads IMG_0015_1_zps4aae521f

2156 kms and several great roads IMG_0012_1_zps824cc261

Breakfast in Corryong, and the Alpine Way awaited. Not many bikes on the road but plenty of 4WDs and wagons towing campers, it is Easter and its probably not the best time to tackle this road but I survived.

2156 kms and several great roads IMG_0007_1_2_zps48fb0b68

2156 kms and several great roads IMG_0001_1_zps80a731ad

Back to Bombala, after seeing someones camel in their sheep paddock (very close to the road but I couldn't stop for the photo) and took the Mt Myrtyl road to Candelo (where I came around a bend and a tree was chokkas full of pink parrots (galahs) and yep they took off, I had several in front several behind and some were very lucky birds I think, a flock of galahs surrounded me while I'm doing 60k/h.
Then I went back to Broulee and overnighted and next day (today) I went into to Canberra to see someone and then up the Hume to Home in Sydney, 2156 kms and several great roads
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

2156 kms and several great roads Empty Re: 2156 kms and several great roads

Post  Jimcoleman Tue 02 Apr 2013, 10:25 pm

Well Baz i am glad to see your now a bonang veteran, damn its a awesome road, as for the dirt i call it character building.

No this saturday the crabs guys from bermi are having a bike show. Looks pretty big compared to pambula, then us three made it look huge. I emailed ewok to see if he can get a leave pass, lunch on the sundeck and check out the shiney tractors, oops i mean harleys.
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Tue 02 Apr 2013, 10:49 pm

HaHa I'm glad you got to see Hotham, although now you know how close you were to the big drop last time Smile

I missed that road again earlier in the year as the GAR was closed due to the bushfires, we did have a good run from Mt Beauty to Omeo and back via Falls Creek though.

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Boatz Tue 02 Apr 2013, 11:09 pm

Then I stupidly used the water glass to drop a pill and now I have the flu pretty bad. Lucky I bought a new open face helmet which allows to to sneeze snot and not get it on my face shield.

A bit too much info there Baz, Nice ride Though.

Maintenance Tip " IT'S NOT RIGHT TILL ALL THE BOLTS ARE TIGHT"
Boatz
Boatz

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:44 am

A monster ride there Baz - imagine how many bikes would be on the Bonang every weekend if it wasn't for the dirt bits. Glad you survived it. One day I will get to do Bright-Omeo again - maybe next year's WSBK. Might see you on the weekend.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down