Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DELKEVIC HEADERS

+8
2wheelsagain
kewwig
barry_mcki
gus
ausrock50
Hammy
Ewok1958
doogie
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

DELKEVIC HEADERS - Page 2 Empty DELKEVIC HEADERS

Post  doogie Thu 28 Feb 2013, 8:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

HI all just thought i would put my first post up regarding these delkevic headers. i have been trying to buy these f.... things for months now and when i saw them on Hammys bike to say i was p.... off would be a understatement, not your fault hammy if you read this i was just jealous. I used all your info and links etc. but got no answers. I rang delkevic aust twice not even a reply, apparantly they are closing up and changing hands at the moment,still no f.....excuse business here in aus need to change their f.... attitude if they dont want us to buy overseas.Anyway on a more happy note i contacted delkevic UK. Ron got back to me straight away and said yes will be available for the 1250 bandit end of march, price 216.66 pounds inc delivery. Anyway after a quick couple of emails and ph calls he said they left today from china and are now in stock. If any one on the forum wants these give Ron a email or a ph call, he is a fantastic bloke to deal with and nothing was too hard for him to make me happy, and i said i would put this info on the aussi forum for his excellent service. sales@delkevic.co.uk ph no 00111782338749 they are 9 hours behind us, if you have a voip ph it will cost you a whopping 6 cents a minute cheers Doogie.

doogie

Back to top Go down

DELKEVIC HEADERS - Page 2 Empty Re: DELKEVIC HEADERS

Post  Hammy Tue 04 Mar 2014, 10:51 pm

bruiser2310 wrote:I just got off the phone to Delkevic after looking up all the posts on Headers.
Hammy`s post got me in and Ron Thomson was his name at Delkevic
He took all my details and will send from China
He recons less than a week.Thats good cause my bandit is in pieces.
Doing the whole hog,brake fluid,coolant oil and filter,air filter too.
From what I am understanding from most of you the air/fuel mixture will need to be checked after headers are fitted
and maybe dyno as well?
I might wait till all done and go for a blat,see what happens.
Cheers Gentlemen

The only way you will get the air/fuel mixture right is if you fit a power commander. The headers will allow to much flow. Not enough back pressure. So things must be balanced up.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  jeeringjason72 Fri 14 Mar 2014, 9:31 am

Oh really  Question 
I asked Dale at holeshot performance and he says the Delkevic headers would not require the TFI to be further adjusted when staying on stage 1 as I am for now, also the advert on eBay States that no special tuning would be needed when using their headers.
PC tuning can't be overrated (so much adjustability) but not really required for the average road riders bike (so I'm told) Question 
I've ordered some Delkevic headers and now I'm a bit worried as I wasn't really wanting to go the PC tuning route (no dynometer near me) I hope I don't burn out a valve or whatever from running too lean, sounds fucking horrific!
Are you naysayers full of piss and vinegar, just jealous, or do you know more about tuning than Dale walker does?
Back pressure what? It's not an expansion chamber, pls explain!

Holeshot.com bandit 1250 stage 2 modifications, with Delkevic headers
             Twisted Evil WOW Twisted Evil  
...goodbye licence...
jeeringjason72
jeeringjason72

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 14 Mar 2014, 9:51 am

Remember that Dale walkers tuning starts with a US spec bike.  I fitted the full Delkevic system first. Before getting a PC.  I noticed that the headers were getting very hot. To lean. We are talking about a big difference in the amount of air that we are letting through. Have you done the air box and secondaries ?  The American outfit that I got my PC III through, mapped it to the mods that I had done to the bike. I did not need to get it dynode. But it probably would have fine tuned it. After shelling out hundreds for a system I think it is worth while spending a little extra to get the mixtures right.  Run your bike for a while as is and then decide.

Piss and Vinegar  out.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  jeeringjason72 Fri 14 Mar 2014, 10:58 am

No Hammy I have not done the secondary's I have a stage 1 holeshot tune, is there any chance that the extra heat feeling you experienced comes from the non double walled Delkevic headers, as Dale assures me that this set up will be fine and not cause a too lean an air fuel ratio with my (not really at all different) Australian delivered bandit 1250, as for using someone else's settings (fuel map) in your bikes power commander, this I'm advised is risky because every dyno meter that is used to create these maps are quite different as well as many other variables (weather, elevation, the bike, etc) that are only known to the person whom created the map scratch and could result in a too lean AF ratio or rich.
Oh yeah what about this back pressure effect of which you speak?

Piss and vinegar in .... LOL

...goodbye licence...
jeeringjason72
jeeringjason72

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 14 Mar 2014, 11:13 am

Standard OEM muffler.  Highly baffled. Restricted air flow = back pressure.   Aftermarket free flow muffler = No back pressure. 

The secondary removal should be the first thing that you do to your Bandit.  After fitting a radiator guard.  Type in secondaries removal in search box.  Your bike will love you for it.  The maps that are supplied with PCers are the same the world over. They list the bike that it is for and the many different combinations of mods that can be done. Most owners will find a map that is exact , or so close to their bike with their mods.  EFI systems will automatically adjust to differing atmospheric conditions.  That is the beauty of it.  I know from dirt bike years how we would have to change carby settings manually for different tracks and time of year.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 14 Mar 2014, 1:11 pm

If i went this route Id be factoring in a dyno tune as well.
It would complete the job and allow me to sleep a bit easier.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 14 Mar 2014, 1:31 pm

I certainly would have dynode the Bandit by now if I still had her.  It depends on how far you want to go and how much you want to spend.  I suppose that is what we should all sit down and think about before starting out on a mod project.  I know in my experience with the Bandit , she became better and better the more you threw at her. I came to the realisation that it was still an old style tube steel frame that has it's limitations. Anyone that has thrown their leg over something with a rigid rig will testify as to the benefits. But I'm not going to knock the Bandit for what it is. Bloody good value for money. How much more you want to throw at it is totally up to you.  Or you could have several bikes like some of the lucky members here.  Crying or Very sad
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  jeeringjason72 Fri 14 Mar 2014, 1:39 pm

After what I've been reading here I'm definitely leaning towards Dale Walkers Holeshot stage two conversion which calls for secondary removal but I wonder how much it will affect tank range when touring?

...goodbye licence...
jeeringjason72
jeeringjason72

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 14 Mar 2014, 3:08 pm

jeeringjason72 wrote:After what I've been reading here I'm definitely leaning towards Dale Walkers Holeshot stage two conversion which calls for secondary removal but I wonder how much it will affect tank range when touring?

Bugger all.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Fri 14 Mar 2014, 7:34 pm

+1, though you will exercise your right wrist more
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Tue 24 Jun 2014, 5:30 pm

Ordered me a set.
Took Jimmy the Boy's advice and emailed uk. Easy as. Cheap enough too.
God bless the United State of China.  rabbit 

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Mon 30 Jun 2014, 9:18 pm

Received my headers this afternoon. Ready for pick up from post office when I got home from work. Six days from payment to my bike.
Great quality and fit. Very straight forward fit up, no mallets required.
I highly recommend the services of Harry at the UK branch. harry@delkevic.co.uk
He did assure me that the Aussie team have got their act together and can provide a quality service.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum