Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slip on exhaust clearance for stock panniers - any melting plastic problems?

2 posters

Go down

Slip on exhaust clearance for stock panniers - any melting plastic problems?  Empty Slip on exhaust clearance for stock panniers - any melting plastic problems?

Post  adventure-moto Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:30 am

I just installed a Yoshimura R-77 slip on exhaust on my GSX1250FA - does any one know of any problems with melting the stock plastic side case / pannier? It looks like I have about an inch of clearance from the top of the pipe to the bottom of the stock Suzuki (givi) panniers plastic - but I'm mostly worried about the new length of the R-77 - its much shorter than the stock exhaust - so it ends about a third of the way back under the pannier. I think I'll need to do something to protect the bottom of the pannier from melting. Any one solved this problem yet? I've seen a few posts where members put a strap in to allow the pipe to sit lower, which looks like a good idea. Any advice on this? Do I need to worry about it? Thanks much!

Adventure-Moto
Spokane WA USA

Spokane, Washington, USA
2011 GSX 1250 FA
Madstad Shield, Yoshi R-77, Sargent Seat
2009 KLR-650 (sold)
2008 DL-650 V-Strom (sold)
2005 TW-250 (sold)
adventure-moto
adventure-moto

Back to top Go down

Slip on exhaust clearance for stock panniers - any melting plastic problems?  Empty Re: Slip on exhaust clearance for stock panniers - any melting plastic problems?

Post  kewwig Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:23 pm

kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down