Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cancelled due to broken legs, details later.

+20
trip01
sb1250
gus
BoomGT
Kiwisteve
Four40
madmax
Hammy
Jimcoleman
Re-Cycled
Ewok1958
ausrock50
Kaupy1962
Reardo
paul
Baz
reddog
Ross.
chips
ThatOtherGuy
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cancelled due to broken legs, details later. - Page 3 Empty Cancelled due to broken legs, details later.

Post  ThatOtherGuy Sun 06 Jan 2013, 7:14 am

First topic message reminder :

TOG Ride 20 January 2013

This is a medium pace ride. A medium Pace ride is where you can pass the ride leader to enjoy the roads and your bike, but you need to be aware of upcoming route requirements. If you make a wrong turn you are on your own.

This ride is also being organised on another forum. it is not an exclusive NSWBandit ride.

Ride leaves Dayboro skate park parking area, Mt Mee Road at 8:00am, 7:45am meet, greet and rider briefing.

There are only a few planned stopping points along the way, see below, but we will stop as required to regroup if we become too strung out. There are points along the way where we will be making turns. We will stop at all the major turns as required on the day, plus at times we will try to slow the ride down for turns so the group bunches up. Slower/less confident riders will be accommodated as we will regroup as required.

Stopping Points:
Dayboro at the skate bowl car park, also meeting point for riders coming from other directions;
Mary Cairncross Park for a toilet break and drink if you need it, there is a Cafe;
Mapleton BP for fuel stop (and split up if required) and toilet break (~180kms from Dayboro);
Montville Pub, Montville, stopping for lunch;
Mary Cairncross Park for a toilet break and drink if you need it, there is a Cafe;
Then back to Dayboro skate bowl car park arriving at about half past.

Route is shown from/to Dayboro.
The ride is around 300kms as shown taking approximately 5 hours excluding stops.
https://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=Dayboro+Pool+%26+Gym,+Williams+Street,+Dayboro,+Queensland&daddr=Mount+Mee,+Queensland+to:D'Aguilar,+Queensland+to:Wamuran,+Queensland+to:Newlands+Rd,+Wamuran,+Queensland+to:Scurr+Rd,+Wamuran,+Queensland+to:Beerburrum+Road,+Elimbah,+Queensland+to:Old+Gympie+Rd,+Beerburrum,+Queensland+to:Bald+Knob+Road,+Bald+Knob,+Queensland+to:Burnett+Lane,+Reesville,+Queensland+to:Booloumba,+Cambroon,+Queensland+to:kenilworth,+Queensland+to:Mapleton,+Queensland+to:Montville,+Queensland+to:Kirby+Road,+Palmwoods,+Queensland+to:Palmwoods,+Queensland+to:dent+park+to:Tunnel+Ridge+Road,+Mooloolah+Valley,+Queensland+to:Maleny-Stanley+River+Road,+Wootha,+Queensland+to:D'aguilar,+Queensland+to:Mount+Mee,+Queensland+to:Dayboro+Pool+%26+Gym,+Williams+Street,+Dayboro,+Queensland&hl=en&sll=-26.800094,152.816906&sspn=0.048878,0.098791&geocode=FfcIYf4dKPMbCSGO28hKk4eq0ylLpysGePiTazGO28hKk4eq0w%3BFT3IYv4dThgbCSk54ZvioA6UazGQkd7zWqMCBQ%3BFQE1ZP4dN4IbCSmryCkGtQqUazEght7zWqMCBQ%3BFUtnY_4dIX4cCSkFJy0QMfSTazGwnN7zWqMCBQ%3BFYXXY_4d0ascCSltpt9sJ_WTazEhnenaB3t_uw%3BFZc3ZP4dxugcCSmd1QLBO4uTazFjZy3kUjjyHQ%3BFZHvY_4dVsYdCSnp4fbXM_OTazEwde2vlIZhdQ%3BFVfrZP4dBVodCSkXsrBNEoyTazGd48uEI7NbNA%3BFXUBZ_4dqBYdCSk_6Cj6FoaTazHRN4OTffyVUQ%3BFZppZ_4dl1IbCSlzHIRqRniUazHm5Q_Z4V9olg%3BFXBaaf4dQLYZCSlZuy9kAX2UazFGHyg2u6E11w%3BFVswav4dUW8aCSkzINZgL36UazGQwt7zWqMCBQ%3BFWvBaf4df44cCSnN0pfbln-TazGwwt7zWqMCBQ%3BFY-_aP4d2_UcCSkpltgbB4GTazHwq97zWqMCBQ%3BFQ6CaP4dEk0dCSl3UVqre4GTazGQyBOIwv1KYw%3BFUXLaP4d4PUdCSmrx56dn3iTazHwrN7zWqMCBQ%3BFd2jZ_4dwGseCSGgaSLXW6MCDymvNse1n4STazGgaSLXW6MCDw%3BFTp1Z_4dZSkeCSlPYK459ISTazERfz9zidoOVw%3BFQNhZ_4d9McbCSnTjRNCFniUazFW7p1obH7F0A%3BFQE1ZP4dN4IbCSmryCkGtQqUazEght7zWqMCBQ%3BFT3IYv4dThgbCSk54ZvioA6UazGQkd7zWqMCBQ%3BFfcIYf4dKPMbCSGO28hKk4eq0ylLpysGePiTazGO28hKk4eq0w&t=h&mra=ls&z=10

Rider list of attendees:

Last edited by ThatOtherGuy on Fri 18 Jan 2013, 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Cancelled due to broken legs, details later. - Page 3 Empty Re: Cancelled due to broken legs, details later.

Post  paul Fri 17 Jul 2020, 5:56 pm

Sounds like a long trip back , but good to hear you're still working at it .

paul
paul

ThatOtherGuy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Cancelled due to broken legs, details later. - Page 3 Empty Re: Cancelled due to broken legs, details later.

Post  GSX1100G Fri 17 Jul 2020, 9:14 pm

I'm a newbie to the forum. Nov (?) last year.
Saw Paul's post and went back to the start to read it all.
You are full of Positive energy, cherish life and you've got "a big and hairy set" there mate.
Working from home, isn't the commute just wonderful 👍

Cheers, Mick.

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sat 18 Jul 2020, 11:42 am

ThatOtherGuy wrote:I was looking for something else and found this thread and thought I would post an update just in case anyone was interested.

Its been 7+ years since the accident. Around 15~16 operations to get me back to a new normal. I walk with a stick but not for long distances. I am classed as mobility disabled and have a permit.

I started riding again about 4 years ago, bought a Vstrom, it didn't really give me the buzz the Bandit did. As a joke last year a mate sent me a link to a Bandit for sale, I went, I saw, I traded. Its a 2012 model, about 70k on the clock, but its mine and has brought the enjoyment back. Installed a PVC walking stick holder on the Ventura rack where my disability parking permit also resides.

Riding has become one of my new sanity checks, with Covid-19 and being immuno compromised (asplenic from the accident), I work 100% from home now and hardly go out at all.

Awesome to see you have bounced back and are back on 2 wheels. A lot of people would have been detracted from returning to motorcycling.

My partner had a motorcycle accident back in March. Luckily no other vehicle involved. She slid off a wet bend and into a deep ditch on the wrong side of the road. She was very lucky, She missed the car that was coming towards us and the ditch stopped her from hitting the tree-line. Her injuries where extensive but not as bad as yours. 3 broken ribs and 3 breaks in her pelvis, torn abdominal muscles and a hernia. She is well on the way to recovery but at this time she can't ride or drive because of the drugs she is taking.
Her clothes although not leather held up real well. Revit textile jacket and some kind of Kevlar leggings. As expected the wet weather gear was shredded.
What was disappointing was the number of people who said to her "you should give up riding" I bet you got the same.
In the brief period that Victoria enjoyed some freedom, we got her out in a friends sidecar (Ural) and twice as a pillion with me. She is very much keen to ride again Very Happy

We ride, we know the risks. We don't like to hear of motorcyclists getting injured or killed. However It's always good to hear a good news story

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  GSX1100G Sat 18 Jul 2020, 12:36 pm

Madmax, sorry for her injuries and pain, glad she is on the mend. Endone, Tramal or Lyrica ? (there's another but can't remember it at present - Lyrica side effect) 🙄

madmax likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sat 18 Jul 2020, 1:06 pm

GSX1100G wrote:Madmax,  sorry for her injuries and pain, glad she is on the mend. Endone, Tramal or Lyrica ? (there's another but can't remember it at present - Lyrica side effect) 🙄

All 3 plus Targin, the full cocktail. Although she has cut back on the Endone now

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  GSX1100G Sat 18 Jul 2020, 1:27 pm

Endone very additive. Get off that totally.
Lyrica- so many side effects. I'm on 300mg a day for nerve damage to hand/arm. Can move it and use it without severe pain but jeez my brain is slow.
Hang in there 🙂

madmax likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatOtherGuy Sun 19 Jul 2020, 2:45 pm

madmax wrote:
ThatOtherGuy wrote:I was looking for something else and found this thread and thought I would post an update just in case anyone was interested.

Its been 7+ years since the accident. Around 15~16 operations to get me back to a new normal. I walk with a stick but not for long distances. I am classed as mobility disabled and have a permit.

I started riding again about 4 years ago, bought a Vstrom, it didn't really give me the buzz the Bandit did. As a joke last year a mate sent me a link to a Bandit for sale, I went, I saw, I traded. Its a 2012 model, about 70k on the clock, but its mine and has brought the enjoyment back. Installed a PVC walking stick holder on the Ventura rack where my disability parking permit also resides.

Riding has become one of my new sanity checks, with Covid-19 and being immuno compromised (asplenic from the accident), I work 100% from home now and hardly go out at all.

Awesome to see you have bounced back and are back on 2 wheels. A lot of people would have been detracted from returning to motorcycling.

My partner had a motorcycle accident back in March. Luckily no other vehicle involved. She slid off a wet bend and into a deep ditch on the wrong side of the road. She was very lucky, She missed the car that was coming towards us and the ditch stopped her from hitting the tree-line. Her injuries where extensive but not as bad as yours. 3 broken ribs and 3 breaks in her pelvis, torn abdominal muscles and a hernia. She is well on the way to recovery but at this time she can't ride or drive because of the drugs she is taking.
Her clothes although not leather held up real well. Revit textile jacket and some kind of Kevlar leggings. As expected the wet weather gear was shredded.
What was disappointing was the number of people who said to her "you should give up riding" I bet you got the same.
In the brief period that Victoria enjoyed some freedom, we got her out in a friends sidecar (Ural) and twice as a pillion with me. She is very much keen to ride again  Very Happy

We ride, we know the risks. We don't like to hear of motorcyclists getting injured or killed. However It's always good to hear a good news story
Thanks for the positive comments and I hope your partner recovers and is able to ride again. Yes I did have those comments, but my partner also loves moto riding as my pillion and was very supportive if nervous naturally.

The only struggle I have had is drugs, I don't tolerate opiates luckily so never took them, but the Lyrica is a very evil drug with its side effects, and I was glad to wean off it. I do have to take anti-depressants for various reasons, I hate having to be reliant on them, but I am slowly coming to terms with it. If its the only concession I have to make it is a small one.
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

truck and GSX1100G like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3