Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Hammy

+10
Jimmy the Boy
reddog
paul
Ewok1958
Sloth_27
Lurch
Hammy
gus
Kiwisteve
2wheelsagain
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bloody Hammy - Page 2 Empty Bloody Hammy

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 09 Nov 2012, 2:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Its not really Hammy’s fault but he hasn’t helped Smile

For a while I have been thinking about adding a V Twin to the shed and I must admit I have always liked the Beull XB12SS Shocked

Lately I have drifted towards the SV1000S and would consider a Firestorm if they went around the block without running out of fuel Evil or Very Mad but I think the SV looks better anyway Smile

The update wont be until mid next year but has anyone got an opinion of the 3 above.

I know they’re more “sports” than the Bandit/FZ1 but what about general living with one of them? I’ll never fit on a Duc let alone afford one Crying or Very sad

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Bloody Hammy - Page 2 Empty Re: Bloody Hammy

Post  paul Wed 21 Nov 2012, 6:05 pm

Hammy wrote:
paul wrote:
Grover wrote:2WA, if you won't fit on a Duc you might have problems on an sv1000.

I checked em out before buying the Bandit and at 6'2" I felt very cramped in the legs. I think they use the same frame as the sv650. I only sat on one sv1000 (naked, of course) and decided it wasn't the allrounder I was after. short distances would be ok, but not touring or even a long day's ride.

Best of luck.

Did the owner mind you taking your clothes off to sit on their bike ? lol!

Oh No. I can smell a calander theme coming up. affraid

lol! lol! Cam could probably get away with smaller pages then with some of us Razz Razz

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Grover Wed 21 Nov 2012, 9:49 pm

LMFAO. Paul, I think when I turned up at the bike shop in a "mankini" it kind of gave it away. I did wipe the seat clean afterwards - I am not some fkn wierdo u know.Smile

can naked calendar photos only be taken in summer please? I won't impress anyone in minus 7c.

"I do not fear death. I was dead for billions and billions of years before my birth and I have not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." Mark Twain
Grover
Grover

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:08 pm

Grover wrote:LMFAO. Paul, I think when I turned up at the bike shop in a "mankini" it kind of gave it away. I did wipe the seat clean afterwards - I am not some fkn wierdo u know.Smile

can naked calendar photos only be taken in summer please? I won't impress anyone in minus 7c.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Bandit Gazza Sun 23 Dec 2012, 6:40 pm

I wanted a vtr1000f for months before I bought the Bandit, If I was the kind of person to impulse buy I would own a Firestorm right now and not a FI 1250 bandit , you cant ride a Firestorm past a petrol station Twisted Evil that was the big draw back for me

Bandit Gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitch J Sun 30 Dec 2012, 9:27 pm

2WA,

Just for the sake of throwin in my 2 bobs worth. A mate has just picked himself up a VTR1000, and we swapped steeds on a recent ride for the run home. I found it a nice bike to ride, but a little on the small side after 15 minutes in the saddle. All well and good for him at 5' nothing. But for me at 6', I could not live with it. Like the Bandit, it has a great engine for real life road riding. Nice and torquey down low. Just lacks a bit of punch for overtaking. Or maybe the Bandit has just spoiled me a bit.. But yeah, besides not being physically big enough for me, and being a little heavy on juice, I could not really fault it.

A swap mid ride with another mate had me in the saddle of his 1098 Duc. Beautiful machine. Awesome engine. Great exhaust note. Incredible handling. But again, a little on the small side for me. And it flogged the absolute crap out of me... Shocked I thought kidney belts were only meant for offroad work.. Very harsh to ride on 'real' roads.

One thing both of the lads said to me after pulling up with big grins, is that the Bandit seat is like sitting in a couch Very Happy They might not admit it in public, but both of the lads were quite impressed with my noble steed Wink
Mitch J
Mitch J

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum