Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hepco and Becker Panniers with Yoshi carbon Exhaust

4 posters

Go down

Hepco and Becker Panniers with Yoshi carbon Exhaust Empty Hepco and Becker Panniers with Yoshi carbon Exhaust

Post  Yoshy Wed 31 Oct 2012, 6:28 pm

Hi my names Josh, just thought i'd post a few photos of my Hepco and Becker Panniers Vs YoshiMura exhaust. I had to make a bracket to lower the exhaust due to heat from it melting the plastic panniers. I had no problems with it doing day trips, however Canberra to Hobart saw a few signs of melting.

Hepco and Becker Panniers with Yoshi carbon Exhaust Dscf0316

Hepco and Becker Panniers with Yoshi carbon Exhaust Dscf0317

Hepco and Becker Panniers with Yoshi carbon Exhaust Dscf0318

Hepco and Becker Panniers with Yoshi carbon Exhaust Dscf0319

The bracket make the exhaust tilt over a bit, you wouldn't notice with a round can

Hepco and Becker Panniers with Yoshi carbon Exhaust Dscf0320

Hope this helps someone else

Yoshy

Back to top Go down

Hepco and Becker Panniers with Yoshi carbon Exhaust Empty Re: Hepco and Becker Panniers with Yoshi carbon Exhaust

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 31 Oct 2012, 7:07 pm

Nice one Josh - I couldn't see a spring washer on the new bolt (might just be the angle of the pic). I'd add it for cheap insurance.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Hepco and Becker Panniers with Yoshi carbon Exhaust Empty Re: Hepco and Becker Panniers with Yoshi carbon Exhaust

Post  Yoshy Wed 31 Oct 2012, 8:32 pm

It's a alloy lock nut, kinda like a nylock, without the nylon. The hole in the nut is oval, it's for applications where heat is a factor. But yeah good pick up.

Yoshy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Wed 31 Oct 2012, 9:54 pm

I had a similar issue with my scorpion pipe and Givi V35 panniers. I ended up with the same solution as yourself however I found that by twisting the link pipe I managed to get the pipe to look square to the rear wheel. I have seen and heard a number of others saying the same thing with aftermarket pipes and panniers

Nice job though.

Scorpion Pipe
Givi Set with Admore Lights
Garmin Zumo 660
DW Stage 2 with Secondaryectomy
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Thu 01 Nov 2012, 8:49 pm

Is your strap on properly? It normally mounts on the inside of the bracket. Removing it and turning it through 180 degrees may help? Check this pic which shows how I have my TRS to clear the V35s

http://kewwibike.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/exhaust-hangar-washer.html
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoshy Thu 01 Nov 2012, 10:32 pm

Yeah i had to spin it around because it wouldn't fit between the pannier rack and the peg bracket, if it was longer it would fit on the inside. The rotating of the muffler is because as the more the muffler drops down, the more it rolls over.

Yoshy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down