Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Servicing cam chain adjuster?

2 posters

Go down

Servicing cam chain adjuster? Empty Servicing cam chain adjuster?

Post  NZspokes Mon 15 Oct 2012, 8:02 pm

Is servicing the cam chain adjuster hard? I presume you take out the spring first then remove the whole adjuster.

Then to refit, bolt the unit back in then fit the spring and nut? Is the nut a bugger to get back on?
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Servicing cam chain adjuster? Empty Re: Servicing cam chain adjuster?

Post  mtbeerwah Mon 15 Oct 2012, 9:13 pm

its very easy mate,just undo the big nut,and pull it out.

when your getting close to the end of the thread, due to the spring tension, use positive force on the bolt,while turning,to avoid it shooting out of your hand, then undo the two socket bolts,and take out the body,exposing the ratchet

take note how much ratchet is left on it,and this will give you an indication on how your cam chain is,if its at the end of the ratchet...new chain..if not don`t worry.

just make sure to reset the rachet before putting it back in...this is not rocket sceince,and is self explanatory when you look at it.

put the ratchet body back in, at this point,i tried to put as much force as i could,on the ratchet,by pushing on the ratchet bar,with a small bar/rod,to get as much tention as possible..you physically can`t put to much on it,so don`t think your hurting it

you should use a new copper washer when putting the big nut back in,but..ahh..putting the big nut back in can be a bugger,due to the spring tention..pushing and turning at the same time ,sounds easy,just have patience,and it will go back in.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down