Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh Blessed Sunshine!

5 posters

Go down

Oh Blessed Sunshine! Empty Oh Blessed Sunshine!

Post  1952 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 8:53 pm

Being a "Sun"-day only rider I have had a damn thin time of it lately here in South Australia. The Bureau of Meterology have had a conspiracy going where-by their 7-Day forcast has promised Sunshine in 6 or 7 days, and then, as the days go by, they change the forecast to 'mostly sunny' then 'some cloud' then 'cloudy', and then the previously promised sunny day becomes 'scattered showers, some rain and patches of small hail' .. but 7 days further on they have the little "Sun" icon again!
Well, the last time it was promising to be actually sunny, the top temp. was going to be 15 degrees or so. The day before, I pulled the cover off the Bandit, gave it a loving polish and pumped up the Pilot3s (still with their mould spikes waiting to be worn off!) I got out the motorcycle atlas and worked out a nice run: Little Hampton - Woodside - Loebethal -and on nortward to Gawler and beyond. Great!
Came the day, I was up at 7.30 am (about 3 hrs. earlier than normal Very Happy ), checked outside ... cold, but sunny!! Back inside to put on the merino wool 'long johns', jumper and two coats, got out my woolen gloves to go inside my leather gloves and was just putting on my 2nd pair of socks WHEN ... crash! .. Ahghhhh! ... downstairs my WW* [*Wonderful Wife] had managed to fall over and break her wrist! Bugger for her and for me Mad
Anyway, this coming Saturday is going to be motorcycling nirvana - touch wood.
I had sent an SMS to my mate with the new-to-him Aprillia about the possibility of a ride, and he rang straight back to say he was going to call me anyway, because a couple of young guys he works with were 'organising' a run from Crafers to Strathalbyn and he wanted us to tag along. He may be able to get his other mate with the Ducati 999 that lives in the dining room to come out as well.
The young guys are probably gun hotshots on large capacity sportsbikes, and will quickly disappear over the horizon. I care not!! The important thing is that Spring is here and so will soon come the best motorcycle riding weather anywhere - not wet, not cold and not in a car cheers
Happy riding to all sunny

Back to top Go down

Oh Blessed Sunshine! Empty Oh Blessed Sunshine!

Post  paul Thu 30 Aug 2012, 9:24 pm

Not that I have a desire to see your long johns 1952 but after the next couple of weekends I'm fairly free & will also be up for a longer ride ( still been riding to work on better days & meadows for a coffee etc. ) we should organize an SA ride soon

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Oh Blessed Sunshine! Empty Re: Oh Blessed Sunshine!

Post  1952 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 12:27 am

i haven't forgotten you Paul - I actually checked to see if anything was on for SA before I did this post. We will surely get the opportunity in the near future. If I was the one arranging this Sat. run I would be delighted to have another Bandit along. I have been restricted anyway with the need to chauffer my WW around, but she just got clearance from the Doc. to drive yesterday, so that means I should be freer for rides. [Checks diary .. except I am booked for Birdsville in the near future with some friends - wife and I in their 4WD. However she has a week booked in Melbourne then, so if the weather is starting to go our way I will whim you during that time]
Geez it's hard to fit things in when you're retired! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 31 Aug 2012, 5:57 am

Stop complaining ,it perfect in Qld . Razz
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Fri 31 Aug 2012, 8:24 am

gus wrote:Stop complaining ,it perfect in Qld . Razz

Until January Razz

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Fri 31 Aug 2012, 8:36 am

1952 wrote:The Bureau of Meterology have had a conspiracy going where-by their 7-Day forcast has promised Sunshine in 6 or 7 days, and then, as the days go by, they change the forecast to 'mostly sunny' then 'some cloud' then 'cloudy', and then the previously promised sunny day becomes 'scattered showers, some rain and patches of small hail' .. but 7 days further on they have the little "Sun" icon again!

Its a conspiracy between the Bureau and anti-motorcycle/road safety campaigners.
Even so I have managed to get out on mine at least once a week over the past months without coming home like a drowned rat.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  1952 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 5:00 pm

gus wrote:Stop complaining ,it perfect in Qld . Razz

Hmmm .. been up to Brisbane twice in the last 6 months for family weddings .. got 38mm rain the first time, and 18mm the second Crying or Very sad
Will be there for a third wedding in early October - 3 strikes and you're out Gus Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 31 Aug 2012, 5:21 pm

.2 of a mm of rain last month .Thats point 2 . Its D.R.Y.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  glenby Sat 01 Sep 2012, 9:06 pm

Gus, Gus, Gus, *shakes head*
you forgot to mention mid 20's too.

riding around peachester is just so horrible, I may have to do it again tomorrow. Smile

glenby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum