Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admore Lighting LED Kit for Givi V46

5 posters

Go down

Admore Lighting LED Kit for Givi V46 Empty Admore Lighting LED Kit for Givi V46

Post  kewwig Tue 01 May 2012, 2:08 pm

I have a Givi V46 topbox with the optional brakelight kit. I am after greater visibility as I ride all through Wellington's winter in the usual heavy traffic.

I went to the Admore Lighting site - www.admorelighting.com - and bought their LEDV46-TM (mini) kit. This replaces the incandescent bulbs with LEDs that are permanently on and brighten with the brakes, thus mirroring what the taillight does. (USD$69). This kit uses the standard Givi connector under the box, so there's no mucking around with wires at all.

A quite straightforward fit with good instructions. They provide positap connectors but I soldered and heatshrunk everything. It is definitely much brighter and well worth it to me. They also do a kit that turns the side reflectors into indicators, but NZ doesn't allow red indicators.

Here's the kit (it's Admore's stock pic and doesn't come with a drill bit or need one):

Admore Lighting LED Kit for Givi V46 Admore10

And here's the kit with brakes off

Admore Lighting LED Kit for Givi V46 Dscf4810

and brakes on (the difference doesn't show as well as it does in the flesh, so to speak

Admore Lighting LED Kit for Givi V46 Dscf4811
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Admore Lighting LED Kit for Givi V46 Empty Re: Admore Lighting LED Kit for Givi V46

Post  Hammy Tue 01 May 2012, 2:29 pm

Nice job Kewwig.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Admore Lighting LED Kit for Givi V46 Empty Re: Admore Lighting LED Kit for Givi V46

Post  Four40 Tue 01 May 2012, 5:42 pm

Well worth the investment. I'm more after a backwards ejecting oil slick set up Twisted Evil
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Tue 01 May 2012, 5:45 pm

Four40 wrote:Well worth the investment. I'm more after a backwards ejecting oil slick set up Twisted Evil

I suppose a Scottoiler on high and pointed rearwards isn't quite what you intend? Laughing
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 01 May 2012, 7:01 pm

The pic reminds me of the time i came across an alien space craft . Very Happy
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Tue 01 May 2012, 7:03 pm

gus wrote:The pic reminds me of the time i came across an alien space craft . Very Happy

I see what you mean. I get involuntary sphincter contractions too
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Tue 01 May 2012, 8:59 pm

kewwig wrote:They also do a kit that turns the side reflectors into indicators, but NZ doesn't allow red indicators.

Admore will provide an amber indicator kit on request, not sure of the price difference. Interestingly the E55 kit has amber indicators as standard, so they definately have the parts.

I had the same problem with the V35 kit (i.e. red indicators), so I installed my own strip of amber LEDs, the biggist problem wasn't installing the LED strips but getting the wires to them from the bike indicators. The Admore kit only has two wires connected to the pannier for Stop, Tail, Indicate and Earth (normally this would require four wires - they don't use the frame as an earth return). They have a circuit board inline from the bike tap-off points, this controls the LED colour and intensity. I used simular water proof connector to get my indicator LEDs from the pannier to the bike - probably if I was doing it again I would change the Admore 2-pin to a 4-pin so there is only one connector to worry about. You might just be able to see the two right hand connectors with green heat shrink just above the relocated Suzuki indicator.

When I was bench testing everything I noticed the stop light function has a modulator built in - the Admore stop lights will flash 3 times when first applied, but will not do this again with another application of the brakes within 15 seconds.

Here is the LED strips I used, there is a ton of them on the Net, all pretty cheap:

Admore Lighting LED Kit for Givi V46 Amber_10

Haven't a lit picture yet but this shows where the strip is placed between the Admore LEDs:

Admore Lighting LED Kit for Givi V46 Img_0411
Admore Lighting LED Kit for Givi V46 Img_0410

Admore Lighting LED Kit for Givi V46 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Wed 02 May 2012, 5:19 pm

Great write-up. Thanks. I see you have clear lenses on the V35s. Are they the new V35 Tech cases or did you source the lenses separately?
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Wed 02 May 2012, 5:54 pm

kewwig wrote:I see you have clear lenses on the V35s. Are they the new V35 Tech cases or did you source the lenses separately?

Good pickup KW, yes these are the new Tech cases with the clear lenses, got the full setup with all mounts, glossy black covers for panniers and top case, internal bags and lock sets (so everything is keyed the same) - for $1,250 delivered from Italy.

As mentioned I didn't think the Admore strips on the V35's would stand out so much, but you get used to it, might look at changing them to the ebay strips if I feel adventurist, I still have the original cardboard insets to mount them to when I changed to the Admore - price is very cheap and it looks pretty simple to do.

Admore Lighting LED Kit for Givi V46 Img_0312

The E55 is a BIG case, although only 3 litres more than my old E52 it certainly has a presence. I'll get some better photo's later. The Admore kit for this case has the amber indicators as standard - I mounted the cabling through the bottom to keep things a bit tidier.

Although mine is red like yours, I decided to go with the black glossy look (seems we can't get consensus whether red or black bikes are the fastest so I'm hedging my bets Laughing).

Admore Lighting LED Kit for Givi V46 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Wed 02 May 2012, 5:57 pm

Nice setup. I like the Tech gear and will see if I can source some clear lenses
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down